IGNORED

With current events we have reach the nadir of the Lansdownian epoch.

southvillekiddy

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was that the wordiest flounce ever?

Seen flouncier and wordier.

On the flouncy scale I would say 7.75 flounts.

Although I'd give another flount for having written it in Word beforehand and put a great deal of thought into the flounce itself.

Hope he sticks around.

45 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yeah ok, fair play.  I hadn’t thought of that...

Yes, correct.  No point in stressing before the announcement, and no point in stressing now it’s made.  Chill...

Agree, but I can understand if people are feeling a little "flat" after the events of yesterday. I most certainly am but will continue to support my club through thick & thin. Managers come and go but clubs generally don't. In the meantime as you say it's best just to chill out. Lifes too short for anything else. As for me I retire on Friday so something else to look forward to.

56 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Might watch Forest Green a bit next season if tickets are often available. Only up the road, probably sensibly priced too

They seem like a decent well run club and not controlled like the bunch of prats in BS3.

Go on then. DO IT. I expect you'd be moaning about their "meat" pies..

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I think I've seen longer ones on OTIB.

I'd say fair to middling.

Mind you, credit for using words like nadir and epoch.

Epochs - weren’t they the furry little creatures that live on Endor in the Return of the Jedi?

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Might watch Forest Green a bit next season if tickets are often available. Only up the road, probably sensibly priced too

They seem like a decent well run club and not controlled like the bunch of prats in BS3.

Forza FGR.

Get a half-and-half scarf next time you get a 'big' well run club in the cup aswell. Wish you good luck with FGR and their soya hot dogs!

Honestly you'd think someone had died.  **cue people saying "our football club has"**

The tired, cliched thing people keep trotting out, its soooooooooo boring and so so sad.

The endless topics/sentences starting with "sorry mr lansdown but.." like their opinion is special.

The pride and anger that is really just a cover for acting like a petulant spoilt child.

The pointless comparisons with other clubs that have gone in front of us, ignoring the ones that have fallen behind.

The mindless, utterly utterly mindless conspiracy theories  

The brexit/donald trump inspired insults to people who have a more balanced mind and think this is all a little over the top

The inexplicable desire to reach the premier league at any cost

The unwavering belief that chris Hughton would have guaranteed success 

The inability to accept that maybe someone of Chris hughton pedigree wanted to spend too much money because he wants every club he is at to be a success as he has a record to maintain. In a post COVID world, this isnt possible

The inability to accept that the board can change their mind on a strategy

The complete lack of any willingness to now listen to anything the board say, even when the reasons to employ Holden make sense and are available

The refusal to even consider that the two additional coaches bought in have an extremely high pedigree and are very exciting

The way people act like this is the worst betrayal or thing to ever happen in their lives, its football people - have some perspective

The made suggestion that the club should be sold - Have you seen the type of people that buy football clubs these days?

The people who continue to protest now, kicking and screaming. it isn't going to change, the people in charge have done what they think is best for their football club, armed with far more knowledge than you have or should ever have. you will never reach the 'premiership' if you do not support the team

One more person no longer espouting the above can be no sad thing imv. God I hope we can all move forward together.

Oh, and its premier league btw

8 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Get a half-and-half scarf next time you get a 'big' well run club in the cup aswell. Wish you good luck with FGR and their soya hot dogs!

I appreciate your sentiments on calling out the BS of so many fans.

But I have to say, the food at FGR  is superb.. It is worth defecting for

6 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Can't be any worse than the over priced rubbish at AG.

Yeh will look into buying a scarf.

Might actually be beside fans that actually sing at a football match and not some rugby supporters who have got both club season tickets that shout come on 'Bristol' in the south stand.

be honest.. has that happened to you more than once? and did it even happen then. Just to be a help though, FGR the singing is very tedious, and although the ground is 'proper' and the league they play in is 'proper' there is a whiff of plastic about the whole place, abit MLS like. Just a warning! want you and everyone else to find the best club to change allegiances too.

3 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

At the lowest point in the “Lansdownian epoch” of Bristol City FC history, I wish a fond farewell to the many new “friends” I have made, since July 5th , six weeks ago, following LJ’s departure, when  giving my views on our owner and making my recommendations on how and who he should appoint as new manager. At the time most people still believed that he was sincere in wanting Premiership football.

My new “friends”  :  @Monkeh  @Port Said Red @Chappers @RoystonFoote'snephew @bcfcfinker @SecretSam     and especially @TonyTonyTony  and @WayOutWest

I wish you well if you are going to continue praising Steve Lansdown and his buffoons.

These lovely new friends expressed the view, sometimes in horrible personal childish terms, that I was wrong to criticise our esteemed billionaire for the way he has run our football Club. They were perfectly content with the interview process for a new manager (we now know it’s been the saddest, most shambolic example of interviewing in football) when I was urging SL to head-hunt Hughton or a noted foreign coach and do it decisively. I pointed out that If we genuinely wanted Premiership football we should head-hunt someone of that calibre and having done our homework offer them what was needed to reach our goal. My new “friends” urged me to be patient, that the “Board” knew what they were doing. Our owner was a successful business man, who was I to criticise him unless I was going to cough up millions of quids like him? They told me what a marvellous chap Steve Lansdown is in putting millions into our Club (while quietly increasing his ownership to 97%). I pointed out that SL had a poor record in appointing managers, with a success rate of 2 in 8, believing that this was because of his lack of football knowledge and his conservative attitude to those who might threaten his control ( I give you Steve Cotterill). I now add arrogance to the list of his faults in treating us fans with total contempt.

They said no, no, no, he’s a marvellous chap look at all he has done for us, where would we be without him?

Well we know now that we will not be in the Premiership while he is still around. It’s too intimidating for him to manage. He is therefore IMHO the single biggest obstacle to full success for BCFC.

It seems he gives more importance to Bristol Rugby (the tenants at the ground sustained for 125 years by BCFC fans) than to our Football Club, in signing an outstanding coach. Why is this? Arrogance, obstinacy?

This was such an opportunity he missed. I thought that capitalists, successful billionaire business men, were people that took advantage of a crisis, rather than running away from them. If our Club was so brilliantly run as my friends told me, we should have had the means to get a top coach more easily, without having to compete with other Clubs that were struggling more than us under Covid.

So our brave “Board”, who say yes to SL, have put a decent man in an invidious position (this has been done more cynically and cruelly than what happened to Tinnion, in my view) where it will be almost impossible for him to succeed, given the so-called Premiership ambitions.

So I wish my “friends” a jolly time with our Feudal Lord. Get ready for more kicks in the goolies.

I bid a fond adieu to people I genuinely respect on here

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Point to the place the nasty people hurt you on the Worzel Gummidge doll.

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Forza FGR.

Have fun with Dale Vance, you’ll love him...

3 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

At the lowest point in the “Lansdownian epoch” of Bristol City FC history, I wish a fond farewell to the many new “friends” I have made, since July 5th , six weeks ago, following LJ’s departure, when  giving my views on our owner and making my recommendations on how and who he should appoint as new manager. At the time most people still believed that he was sincere in wanting Premiership football.

My new “friends”  :  @Monkeh  @Port Said Red @Chappers @RoystonFoote'snephew @bcfcfinker @SecretSam     and especially @TonyTonyTony  and @WayOutWest

I wish you well if you are going to continue praising Steve Lansdown and his buffoons.

These lovely new friends expressed the view, sometimes in horrible personal childish terms, that I was wrong to criticise our esteemed billionaire for the way he has run our football Club. They were perfectly content with the interview process for a new manager (we now know it’s been the saddest, most shambolic example of interviewing in football) when I was urging SL to head-hunt Hughton or a noted foreign coach and do it decisively. I pointed out that If we genuinely wanted Premiership football we should head-hunt someone of that calibre and having done our homework offer them what was needed to reach our goal. My new “friends” urged me to be patient, that the “Board” knew what they were doing. Our owner was a successful business man, who was I to criticise him unless I was going to cough up millions of quids like him? They told me what a marvellous chap Steve Lansdown is in putting millions into our Club (while quietly increasing his ownership to 97%). I pointed out that SL had a poor record in appointing managers, with a success rate of 2 in 8, believing that this was because of his lack of football knowledge and his conservative attitude to those who might threaten his control ( I give you Steve Cotterill). I now add arrogance to the list of his faults in treating us fans with total contempt.

They said no, no, no, he’s a marvellous chap look at all he has done for us, where would we be without him?

Well we know now that we will not be in the Premiership while he is still around. It’s too intimidating for him to manage. He is therefore IMHO the single biggest obstacle to full success for BCFC.

It seems he gives more importance to Bristol Rugby (the tenants at the ground sustained for 125 years by BCFC fans) than to our Football Club, in signing an outstanding coach. Why is this? Arrogance, obstinacy?

This was such an opportunity he missed. I thought that capitalists, successful billionaire business men, were people that took advantage of a crisis, rather than running away from them. If our Club was so brilliantly run as my friends told me, we should have had the means to get a top coach more easily, without having to compete with other Clubs that were struggling more than us under Covid.

So our brave “Board”, who say yes to SL, have put a decent man in an invidious position (this has been done more cynically and cruelly than what happened to Tinnion, in my view) where it will be almost impossible for him to succeed, given the so-called Premiership ambitions.

So I wish my “friends” a jolly time with our Feudal Lord. Get ready for more kicks in the goolies.

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

I'm really impressed SVK, your lawyers just checking your piggy bank and advising you on your take over bid?

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Forza FGR.

Send us a picture of your vegan lager and tofu burger (no control by the owner on that one).

Forza Dale Vince.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Send us a picture of your vegan lager and tofu burger (no control by the owner on that one).

Forza Dale Vince.

THE LANSDOWNS ARE DICTATORS, RUINING MY CLUB! IM OFF TO FGR, WHERE THE CHAIRMAN DOESNT POKE HIS NOSE INTO ANYTHING!

oh wait

38 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Can't be any worse than the over priced rubbish at AG.

Yeh will look into buying a scarf.

Might actually be beside fans that actually sing at a football match and not some rugby supporters who have got both club season tickets that shout come on 'Bristol' in the south stand.

Why are you even here mate ? You clearly hate the club and everything in it. If you are so negative about everything sounds like a divorce is needed

4 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Rambling

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

Honestly you'd think someone had died.  **cue people saying "our football club has"**

The tired, cliched thing people keep trotting out, its soooooooooo boring and so so sad.

The endless topics/sentences starting with "sorry mr lansdown but.." like their opinion is special.

The pride and anger that is really just a cover for acting like a petulant spoilt child.

The pointless comparisons with other clubs that have gone in front of us, ignoring the ones that have fallen behind.

The mindless, utterly utterly mindless conspiracy theories  

The brexit/donald trump inspired insults to people who have a more balanced mind and think this is all a little over the top

The inexplicable desire to reach the premier league at any cost

The unwavering belief that chris Hughton would have guaranteed success 

The inability to accept that maybe someone of Chris hughton pedigree wanted to spend too much money because he wants every club he is at to be a success as he has a record to maintain. In a post COVID world, this isnt possible

The inability to accept that the board can change their mind on a strategy

The complete lack of any willingness to now listen to anything the board say, even when the reasons to employ Holden make sense and are available

The refusal to even consider that the two additional coaches bought in have an extremely high pedigree and are very exciting

The way people act like this is the worst betrayal or thing to ever happen in their lives, its football people - have some perspective

The made suggestion that the club should be sold - Have you seen the type of people that buy football clubs these days?

The people who continue to protest now, kicking and screaming. it isn't going to change, the people in charge have done what they think is best for their football club, armed with far more knowledge than you have or should ever have. you will never reach the 'premiership' if you do not support the team

One more person no longer espouting the above can be no sad thing imv. God I hope we can all move forward together.

Oh, and its premier league btw

This is absolutely spot on! Nothing to add because I couldn't of said it any better. This should be a prerequisite read for users for the next few weeks before posting a new topic.

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Forza FGR.

Good club. My brother (25 yrs season ticket holder at Ashton gate with me) went to watch the game that clinched promotion to the conference. We've always called them our non league side!

Hope you like vegan food and hemp!

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

You've called me ridiculous, odd and immature (not like I care) on various posts and some how you've taken deep offense to middle aged.

I'm sorry if age offends you.

You clearly take offence and do care but that's probably a symptom of being odd and immature.

You didn't call me middle aged by the way so I wasn't offended at all, I just felt like picking you up on it.

Now go away and pick a keyboard row with someone else.

Archived