IGNORED

With current events we have reach the nadir of the Lansdownian epoch.

southvillekiddy

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

I don't hate the club at all, I hate the way it has been run, and I despise the people running it. I hate the way it has been changed so much by these same people.

I don't like the way these people running it come out every single season spouting the same old bollocks, ambition this, premier league is the target that blah blah blah.

It frustrates me to point that it boils over that the same mistakes happen over and over.

We werein the best placed position right now to really have a go with an experienced manager who knows what it takes, no guarantees of course but for heavens sake just take a chance and show that ambition for once.

Grew up as a little boy loving the City, giving as good as I got to the gasholes at school and mates at the time.

Bristol City are in my blood along with everybody elses on this forum.

I lived and breathed for the reds

But i've fallen out of love with the current set up as it is.

Sorry, i'm just angry and feel so flat.

Yes i've been negative a lot and perhaps it's best  i don't post on here which is probably a good idea.

Good luck Dean Holden, I can't see it but I wish you success. 

Take a break mate. We are all frustrated to a greater or lesser extent, and all want success for the club.

Just like every other fan anywhere really

17 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

You clearly take offence and do care but that's probably a symptom of being odd and immature.

You didn't call me middle aged by the way so I wasn't offended at all, I just felt like picking you up on it.

Now go away and pick a keyboard row with someone else.

Pot kettle black springs to mind.

You've quoted me twice today and I respond.. Now I've got to jog on.

That natch has burnt a few brain cells.

2 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

be honest.. has that happened to you more than once? and did it even happen then. Just to be a help though, FGR the singing is very tedious, and although the ground is 'proper' and the league they play in is 'proper' there is a whiff of plastic about the whole place, abit MLS like. Just a warning! want you and everyone else to find the best club to change allegiances too.

FGR singing section

260_cb=20190123043544.cf.png

5 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

At the lowest point in the “Lansdownian epoch” of Bristol City FC history, I wish a fond farewell to the many new “friends” I have made, since July 5th , six weeks ago, following LJ’s departure, when  giving my views on our owner and making my recommendations on how and who he should appoint as new manager. At the time most people still believed that he was sincere in wanting Premiership football.

My new “friends”  :  @Monkeh  @Port Said Red @Chappers @RoystonFoote'snephew @bcfcfinker @SecretSam     and especially @TonyTonyTony  and @WayOutWest

I wish you well if you are going to continue praising Steve Lansdown and his buffoons.

These lovely new friends expressed the view, sometimes in horrible personal childish terms, that I was wrong to criticise our esteemed billionaire for the way he has run our football Club. They were perfectly content with the interview process for a new manager (we now know it’s been the saddest, most shambolic example of interviewing in football) when I was urging SL to head-hunt Hughton or a noted foreign coach and do it decisively. I pointed out that If we genuinely wanted Premiership football we should head-hunt someone of that calibre and having done our homework offer them what was needed to reach our goal. My new “friends” urged me to be patient, that the “Board” knew what they were doing. Our owner was a successful business man, who was I to criticise him unless I was going to cough up millions of quids like him? They told me what a marvellous chap Steve Lansdown is in putting millions into our Club (while quietly increasing his ownership to 97%). I pointed out that SL had a poor record in appointing managers, with a success rate of 2 in 8, believing that this was because of his lack of football knowledge and his conservative attitude to those who might threaten his control ( I give you Steve Cotterill). I now add arrogance to the list of his faults in treating us fans with total contempt.

They said no, no, no, he’s a marvellous chap look at all he has done for us, where would we be without him?

Well we know now that we will not be in the Premiership while he is still around. It’s too intimidating for him to manage. He is therefore IMHO the single biggest obstacle to full success for BCFC.

It seems he gives more importance to Bristol Rugby (the tenants at the ground sustained for 125 years by BCFC fans) than to our Football Club, in signing an outstanding coach. Why is this? Arrogance, obstinacy?

This was such an opportunity he missed. I thought that capitalists, successful billionaire business men, were people that took advantage of a crisis, rather than running away from them. If our Club was so brilliantly run as my friends told me, we should have had the means to get a top coach more easily, without having to compete with other Clubs that were struggling more than us under Covid.

So our brave “Board”, who say yes to SL, have put a decent man in an invidious position (this has been done more cynically and cruelly than what happened to Tinnion, in my view) where it will be almost impossible for him to succeed, given the so-called Premiership ambitions.

So I wish my “friends” a jolly time with our Feudal Lord. Get ready for more kicks in the goolies.

I bid a fond adieu to people I genuinely respect on here

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

To be honest I just read the title of the post and thought ‘ark at eee’. I didn’t read the rest of it. 

15 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I don't hate the club at all, I hate the way it has been run, and I despise the people running it. I hate the way it has been changed so much by these same people.

I don't like the way these people running it come out every single season spouting the same old bollocks, ambition this, premier league is the target that blah blah blah.

It frustrates me to point that it boils over that the same mistakes happen over and over.

We werein the best placed position right now to really have a go with an experienced manager who knows what it takes, no guarantees of course but for heavens sake just take a chance and show that ambition for once.

Grew up as a little boy loving the City, giving as good as I got to the gasholes at school and mates at the time.

Bristol City are in my blood along with everybody elses on this forum.

I lived and breathed for the reds

But i've fallen out of love with the current set up as it is.

Sorry, i'm just angry and feel so flat.

Yes i've been negative a lot and perhaps it's best  i don't post on here which is probably a good idea.

Good luck Dean Holden, I can't see it but I wish you success. 

It's got to be said mate that given the state of football, the way some clubs have virtually been run into the ground by their owners, the way many foreign owners have taken over with little interest in the game, and the corruption that has been endemic in the game, to despise the people running Bristol City is incredible.  You may disagree with the choice of management team, you may disagree with the way it was announced, you may feel that you were led to believe there would be a different outcome, but the fact is we are owned and run by people who genuinely care about Bristol City, even if they don't necessarily do exactly what the fans tell them.  This has been a difficult period for the club and its fans, but we now have a new team in place and we can look forward to the new season in a ground which would have been beyond our wildest dreams a decade ago and with a team containing talent the likes of which we could only have dreamed off when we last in League One.  And you despise the people running the club!  Would you rather be a fan of Blackpool, or Bury, or Bolton, or Wigan, or Man Utd, for that matter (I could go on...)?

I've also been supporting City for 50 years plus and I am quite clear that we have the best squad we have ever had (and I include the team that was in the First Division in 1976-80) and the best accommodation we have ever had.  

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've also been supporting City for 50 years plus and I am quite clear that we have the best squad we have ever had (and I include the team that was in the First Division in 1976-80) and the best accommodation we have ever had

Just need that breath of fresh air that can take us to next level ?

Archived