IGNORED

Defensive midfielder

Eddie Notgetinya

Something we’ve been crying out for now for ages. I think most of us would agree we need some presence in that area. I’m not sure Morrell is the answer and I’m not expecting much more from any of the guys that played last season. Here’s hoping we recruit one in some form. 

Just a thought though - could Taylor Moore play as a CDM? @Davefevs, what do the stats say?

3 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

hi just wrote in another topic I believe we need a general/captain which is very hard to find so totally agree

Yes, exactly,, korey smith had a limited attacking game, but he was the leader. The way fam was playing at the end he was like a talisman, but he will be sold now too.

18 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Something we’ve been crying out for now for ages. I think most of us would agree we need some presence in that area. I’m not sure Morrell is the answer and I’m not expecting much more from any of the guys that played last season. Here’s hoping we recruit one in some form. 

Just a thought though - could Taylor Moore play as a CDM? @Davefevs, what do the stats say?

As he hasn’t played in CM, there aren’t any stats that I have.  If you’re thinking more Football Manager, e.g. does he have the attributes to play there, then he has some (I don’t have football manager) imho.

My biggest issue with people suggesting CBs as CM is their ability on the ball...especially as it looks like under Holden we are gonna be more possession based. It’s fine looking good bringing it out from the back into the midfield line facing forward.  It’s a very different kettle of fish receiving the ball from CB or GK with your back to goal with a hairy arsed midfielder like Bradley Johnson or Jake Livermore breathing down your neck.

Webster, the obvious example struggled with exactly that after 20mins v West Brom and twice have the ball away, once through poor touch, the other trying to move sideways off of his first touch, when he opened himself up to be dispossessed.

Id let Taylor continue his development as a ball-playing CB and make him the best you can in that position.  Future captain.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

As he hasn’t played in CM, there aren’t any stats that I have.  If you’re thinking more Football Manager, e.g. does he have the attributes to play there, then he has some (I don’t have football manager) imho.

My biggest issue with people suggesting CBs as CM is their ability on the ball...especially as it looks like under Holden we are gonna be more possession based. It’s fine looking good bringing it out from the back into the midfield line facing forward.  It’s a very different kettle of fish receiving the ball from CB or GK with your back to goal with a hairy arsed midfielder like Bradley Johnson or Jake Livermore breathing down your neck.

Webster, the obvious example struggled with exactly that after 20mins v West Brom and twice have the ball away, once through poor touch, the other trying to move sideways off of his first touch, when he opened himself up to be dispossessed.

Id let Taylor continue his development as a ball-playing CB and make him the best you can in that position.  Future captain.

Love the story about him asking LJ to be captain for that cup game. I’d play him every week.

I think 3-5-2 could be DH’ set up.

Moore Kalas Baker 

Vyner on the bench. I don’t think it’s sustainable with injury though, we’d need another.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

hi dave agree with everything you say but just feel we lack that good old fashion spice,the player we love and everyone else hates

4 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Love the story about him asking LJ to be captain for that cup game. I’d play him every week.

Moore Kalas Baker 

Vyner on the bench. I don’t think it’s sustainable with injury though, we’d need another.

Tbh I'd rather go 

Vyner  Kalas  Moore

If we're looking to play a possession based system I think Baker limits us too much, bar Forest I believe it was he usually looks long up the pitch and think we'd be better served by getting another proper ball playing centre back in there either side of Kalas. Have Baker as rotation/back up to Kalas if we can't sell. Its also a situation I could see Ashley Williams re-signing as back up ball playing centre back.

im not going to be greedy here and some of you will go further back but if I could mix some players to get the one I want would be

bobby hutch,biff newman,tommy doc,paul Hartley,and  glenn humpries mind you I don't know how long that player would last on the pitch but that would be my ingredient's for what im after,any upgrades on this

9 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Moore Kalas Baker 

Me too, assuming we don’t bring in someone better.  Hope we do though.

9 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

hi dave agree with everything you say but just feel we lack that good old fashion spice,the player we love and everyone else hates

I didn’t say we don’t.  I agree.  But I don’t think TM or ZV is the player to be “spicy” ?

3 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

im not going to be greedy here and some of you will go further back but if I could mix some players to get the one I want would be

bobby hutch,biff newman,tommy doc,paul Hartley,and  glenn humpries mind you I don't know how long that player would last on the pitch but that would be my ingredient's for what im after,any upgrades on this

Glenn was a CM though was he.  Rob Newman is exactly the ilk of player we need, versatile at CB and CM (obviously Biff could play everywhere else too).

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Glenn was a CM though was he.  Rob Newman is exactly the ilk of player we need, versatile at CB and CM (obviously Biff could play everywhere else too).

Yeah, did Biff have a son by any chance? We want Biff jr.!

Seeing as we lack a leader and a DCM, you may as well try to find one player that ticks both boxes. 

Archived