IGNORED

Club Captain

Selred

I wonder who will be the new Captain now that Smith has gone. 

Have been thinking of some contenders. 

Bentley. Pros: Very vocal, big character. Cons: personally I don't like keepers to be captains. Also is he reliable to hold the number 1 all season? 

Baker. Pros: Experienced head. Will lead by example. Captained Villa a few times. Cons: Injury prone. 

Kalas. Pros: Similar to Baker, knows the league. Cons: Seems a quieter person. 

Moore. Pros: Mature for age, previous England youth captain. Cons: Not a regular. Still young. 

DaSilva (wild card) . Pros: Captained England u17s under Downing. Can be here for the foreseeable future. Cons: Very young

Rowe. Pros: Experience. Ex Donny captain. Cons: Not a regular. 

Pato. Pros: longest serving player at the club (?). Cons: not sure has the attitude for captain. 

Wells. Pros: Experienced. Lead by example. Cons: Again not keen on strikers as captains. 

Just food for thought. 

Just now, Selred said:

Bentley. Pros: Very vocal, big character. Cons: personally I don't like keepers to be captains. Also is he reliable to hold the number 1 all season? 

Baker. Pros: Experienced head. Will lead by example. Captained Villa a few times. Cons: Injury prone. 

Moore. Pros: Mature for age, previous England youth captain. Cons: Not a regular. Still young. 

DaSilva (wild card) . Pros: Captained England u17s under Downing. Can be here for the foreseeable future. Cons: Very young

Pato. Pros: longest serving player at the club (?). Cons: not sure has the attitude for captain. 

Wells. Pros: Experienced. Lead by example. Cons: Again not keen on strikers as captains. 

Just food for thought. 

I think captain will be Dasilva and Rowe. Can’t see Rowe playing much but an experienced figure in dressing room and as you say Dasilva captained England u17’s - unless we bring someone in 

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just food for thought. 

I’d go with Kalas, with a Moore as vice.

Interestingly, of the non academy players, O’Dowda is longest serving, followed by Moore, then by Pato.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just food for thought. 

I'd give it to Moore and make a regular.

That said, a captain is about far more than being vocal on the pitch and has a lot to do with how they are off it etc so it's hard for fans to make that judgement IMO.

Rowe club captain. Kalas on field captain. Is my guess.

It's just an armband, it doesn't matter at all to me who is given the role.

All the players need to help each other and communicate etc.

There needs to be multiple voices and leaders on a successful team IMO.

no natural leader in the ranks now (Rowe maybe, but as OP said, not likely to play a lot).

I think we need to recruit a big/tall dominant midfielder to supplement all the nippy small quicks we have already in that position. I would break the bank to get that type of player myself and hope he is also a vocal leader (a top championship Patrick Viera type). I think that is one of the few missing links in last years team (we have never replaced Pack)

Good question tbf.

That's maybe what we are missing is a clear leader but that's sometimes difficult to assess on the sidelines so hopefully a new signing with those qualities.

If not potentially Morrell or Moore for me if they become regulars. Firstly I think they are good footballers but also very professional from interviews and seem level headed beyond their years.

44 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just food for thought. 

Quick. Buy a leader

Hopefully Taylor Moore has a long term future of which captaincy should be a part.  So enthusiastic when interviewed, obviously wants to be here.  Captaincy and not worrying about the odd mistake, which would seemingly be used to throw him under the bus at the first opportunity in the past, could further assist his development.  DH has a gem of a player in TM.

Archived