IGNORED

Saikou Janneh

Smokey

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hoping a loan to league two. Possibly league one which he was close to before injury last summer.

Any chance of possibly having an outside chance of being involved with the first team? Considering we might be short in that position?

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

Perhaps the “loan to Torquay” arrangement might end now that we have a non-Johnson as H.C. ?

Towards the end of last season Gary told the local press (local to me) that the arrangement with City was expected to be a long one even if either he or Lee left their current roles.

Saikou definitely isn’t signed on loan down here at present - and they have given his preferred shirt number 28 to their reserve goal keeper.

I would expect he won’t be coming to Torquay should he go out on loan now ....

Whilst he may be one for the future, I can’t see him being ready for top end Championship based on his performances for Torquay prior to his operation at the beginning of the year ...

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

Towards the end of last season Gary told the local press (local to me) that the arrangement with City was expected to be a long one even if either he or Lee left their current roles.

Saikou definitely isn’t signed on loan down here at present - and they have given his preferred shirt number 28 to their reserve goal keeper.

I would expect he won’t be coming to Torquay should he go out on loan now ....

Whilst he may be one for the future, I can’t see him being ready for top end Championship based on his performances for Torquay prior to his operation at the beginning of the year ...

How about bottom end Championship? Ready for that kind of season?

11 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

How about bottom end Championship? Ready for that kind of season?

Possibly - not sure how he’s recovered from his operation- think he would do better in a top League 1 team where they are playing more on the front foot - a team fighting off relegation from the Championship isn’t going to give him huge scope to shine!

Who knows .....

30 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Well thats what the club is all about bring em on and sell them 

No point selling him now though is there? Much better off giving him a couple more years where he might prove himself at a higher level and demand a higher fee

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yeh probably they got rid of the kid on loan at walsall today 

Main differences there being holden is two years older, didn't really light up league two and has been here 3 years without looking like he's going to get into the first team. Time will tell with Janneh but I think selling holden was the right call

Archived