IGNORED

New walk on song

myol'man

7 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

That Dreadnoughts song is really very special and “us” surely.  Hard and angry, fortress like, mentions cider and being home, cannot be taken by another club.  The only snag is “I wish I was back home in Bristol again...”. but being a home game, we are !  Does it matter ? Would sound good at high volume on the tannoy system (unless you’re in the Dolman Stand)

I am glad I’m back in Bristol again...?

31 minutes ago, One Team said:

Perfect! 

How do we get this done and replace that God awful song we have currently?

This would be perfect to run out to. 

There was a section at the top of the forum where you can ask Gerry the SLO. I asked for white stripes to be replaced but obviously due to COVID it didn’t make any difference 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Geno would work really well as a replacement to “Johnson says..”

Deano, Deano, Deano, Deano... da da da da da da da da da (instrumental saxophone bit) 

somebody else can come up with the other bit

Lansdown likes to employ whoever he wants...oh Deano...

...Just give us your money you bunch of whinging C—s.  Whoahohooo Deeanooo

9 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

That Dreadnoughts song is really very special and “us” surely.  Hard and angry, fortress like, mentions cider and being home, cannot be taken by another club.  The only snag is “I wish I was back home in Bristol again...”. but being a home game, we are !  Does it matter ? Would sound good at high volume on the tannoy system (unless you’re in the Dolman Stand)

Canadians singing Irish music?

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Would it be possible to get them to do a special version for AG? 

Well I contacted them on Twitter to see why they’d done the song in the first place seeing as they are from Canada. They replied and said they always get a great welcome in Bristol and they love the people and the cider, so Bristol is almost ‘home’ to them. I just love how ‘Drink Up Thy Zider” is incorporated into the middle of the song! What do you mean by a ‘special version’ for AG? I’d be happy to contact them again as I’m sure they’d like that idea!

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well I contacted them on Twitter to see why they’d done the song in the first place seeing as they are from Canada. They replied and said they always get a great welcome in Bristol and they love the people and the cider, so Bristol is almost ‘home’ to them. I just love how ‘Drink Up Thy Zider” is incorporated into the middle of the song! What do you mean by a ‘special version’ for AG? I’d be happy to contact them again as I’m sure they’d like that idea!

So it doesn’t say “I wish I was back in Bristol again...” so it’s more relevant to being played at AG

12 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

Unfortunately it could be nicked from under our noses by our north Bristol neighbours if nothing is done. 

10 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Bristol is a unique and creative city, we should not follow the herd.

The club should encourage this by making playing music related to the area and that song by the Dreadnoughts is excellent

They really do seem to like our part of this crazy world! Here’s another of their ditties - “West Country Man” - all about cider! They’ve got another huge tune called “Cider Road” - I don’t care that they are Canadians - we should adopt them as we have done with The Wurzels ... they even mention The Wurzels in this song: 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They really do seem to like our part of this crazy world! Here’s another of their ditties - “West Country Man” - all about cider! They’ve got another huge tune called “Cider Road” - I don’t care that they are Canadians - we should adopt them as we have done with The Wurzels ... they even mention The Wurzels in this song: 

Thats brilliant 

Archived