IGNORED

1st day training montage and interviews

pride of the west

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Anyone know if there’s been a interview with either of the new coaches ?  Nothing on YouTube 

I’ve only heard the Downing interview on the Sound of the City last night. None of the press seemed to ask them a Q at the press conference last night - bet they wondered why they bothered to turn up! 

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’ve only heard the Downing interview on the Sound of the City last night. None of the press seemed to ask them a Q at the press conference last night - bet they wondered why they bothered to turn up! 

Hopefully they’ll have one when pre season is under way properly . 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Anyone know if there’s been a interview with either of the new coaches ?  Nothing on YouTube 

1st day is a testing day, could well be they were organising stuff and moving in to somewhere etc

9 hours ago, pride of the west said:

On the club twitter feed

And they wonder why people get so pissed off with them.

Upload everything to all platforms at the same time!!

I don't have twitter, never have, never will.

The old "if it's not on the official website" comment now seems redundant....

28 minutes ago, Taz said:

And they wonder why people get so pissed off with them.

Upload everything to all platforms at the same time!!

I don't have twitter, never have, never will.

The old "if it's not on the official website" comment now seems redundant....

I do disagree here. Platform behaviours differ, so you do need a different approach to them.

Facebook you would upload an album of pictures from training, vs Twitter is reactive so you'd drop a few throughout the day. People will look at twitter more often than Facebook. 

You don't need to have twitter to look at the Bristol City twitter page. Equally if you don't want to look at it on twitter don't complain. That's your choice. The content is out there on an easily accessible high reaching platform. 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

I do disagree here. Platform behaviours differ, so you do need a different approach to them.

Facebook you would upload an album of pictures from training, vs Twitter is reactive so you'd drop a few throughout the day. People will look at twitter more often than Facebook. 

You don't need to have twitter to look at the Bristol City twitter page. Equally if you don't want to look at it on twitter don't complain. That's your choice. The content is out there on an easily accessible high reaching platform. 

How do I know to look at twitter if it's not mentioned anywhere and I don't use it?

Again, official website should cover everything "official". The clue is in the name.

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

How do I know to look at twitter if it's not mentioned anywhere and I don't use it?

Again, official website should cover everything "official". The clue is in the name.

The amount of content shared though would make the official site very cluttered and difficult to navigate what might be considered "newsworthy" over "tidbits", if that makes sense.  

Consumption of media has evolved over the years, and therefore the clubs use of it needs to as well. 25 years ago if you wanted news you'd go to the Evening Post.  Then a platform was provided and released in terms of the website and this forum that provided other means to present the information.  Social Media is simply the next step on from that.  The world moves on, and people need to accept and adapt if they don't want to miss out.

44 minutes ago, Taz said:

I don't understand your point about it not being mentioned anywhere, and for you not using is your problem. How to do you know when to look at the official website?

To use Twitter just go on: Twitter.Com/BristolCity

Twitter is small snackable content, it's pictures, short clips of training. It's not articles like you'd have on the website. It's also aimed at a younger audience, vs the website as well, another reason why you shouldn't put everything everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

I don't understand your point about it not being mentioned anywhere, and for you not using is your problem. How to do you know when to look at the official website?

To use Twitter just go on: Twitter.Com/BristolCity

Twitter is small snackable content, it's pictures, short clips of training. It's not articles like you'd have on the website. It's also aimed at a younger audience, vs the website as well, another reason why you should put everything everywhere. 

...except the official site. Kind of going against your own argument :dunno:

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Judging by the uncut video on youtube of day 1 Nagy finished with the best performance in the yo-yo test

Good to see. I’m convinced he was hardly fit last season after the first injury and whilst I’m not saying he is the answer, I’m sure there is more to come from him. 

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

Good to see. I’m convinced he was hardly fit last season after the first injury and whilst I’m not saying he is the answer, I’m sure there is more to come from him. 

I think it is a big culture shock coming from Serie A to Championship. Slower pace there. Also we didn’t like to dominate possession too often which I think would suit him. Hell of a player in there but ultimately may not be at the right club or league even. 

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think it is a big culture shock coming from Serie A to Championship. Slower pace there. Also we didn’t like to dominate possession too often which I think would suit him. Hell of a player in there but ultimately may not be at the right club or league even. 

Definitely Joe, different type of football completely. Not everyone adapts!

Archived