IGNORED

Fammy..

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not really, think its clear he wants to move on and there are better players out there that we could attract in the striking department.

At this time, with covid and no fans allowed in, we will be looking at loans or free transfers.... if we get tammy mark 2 then fine, but i dont see us attracting anyone better.

7 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not really, think its clear he wants to move on and there are better players out there that we could attract in the striking department.

It’s not just the striking side of Fam, his defensive work is too notch. Would be a huge loss at both ends of the pitch. 

13 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

It’s not just the striking side of Fam, his defensive work is too notch. Would be a huge loss at both ends of the pitch. 

Yeah but with Deano's all out attack, fan-friendly, passionate, "I'm from Salford", "remember when we beat Boro?" football we'll be 5-0 by the time we have to defend a corner

6 minutes ago, Padlad said:

Why are ppl not concerned at losing last year's player of the season? Ppl were also pretty unconcerned by Josh brownhill leaving and look how we fell apart after that. We will need players with heart next season. 

Current financial situation we probably need the money from selling him and Eliasson to be frank, therefore many fans understand it

29 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

No, no no that can't be true as when all the kids were throwing their rattles and dummies out their prams they made it clear to everyone that with dean in charge we wouldn't attract anyone!

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

What sort of fee would we expect for him in this current market? You’d hope we could at least get between £7-9 mill.. not sure if that is being a bit ambitious though.

Frankly I'd hope we'd just get the rumoured full fee (£5.3m) back at least, anything over that is a bonus. He's a 13/14 goal a season striker based on his time with us not a 17/18/19 or 20+ striker at our level.

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

No, no no that can't be true as when all the kids were throwing their rattles and dummies out their prams they made it clear to everyone that with dean in charge we wouldn't attract anyone!

Let’s wait and see what actually happens first, eh?

We haven’t signed (or sold) anyone yet.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Frankly I'd hope we'd just get the rumoured full fee (£5.3m) back at least, anything over that is a bonus. He's a 13/14 goal a season striker based on his time with us not a 17/18/19 or 20+ striker at our level.

Yeah don’t think we could grumble if we got back what we paid. Can genuinely seeing him going to Turkey or somewhere else on the continent.

Just now, Lrrr said:

So your not going to include the 5-10 goals a season he probably stops the opposition scoring with his defensive work. Good luck next year with getting Wells to help out our leaky defence. People should be careful what they wish for.

Fammy is one of the most important members of our squad imo, bear in mind you have to take Elliassons assists away from the team as well, we will be giving up an awful load of goals, assists and defensive work with just those 2 alone gone.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

What sort of fee would we expect for him in this current market? You’d hope we could at least get between £7-9 mill.. not sure if that is being a bit ambitious though.

With only one year left on his contract, and with Coronavirus situation. I think I’d be ecstatic if we got roughly what we paid for him, between £5M-£6M.

COYR.

3 minutes ago, collier said:

So your not going to include the 5-10 goals a season he probably stops the opposition scoring with his defensive work. Good luck next year with getting Wells to help out our leaky defence. People should be careful what they wish for.

I hope our defensive system for set pieces is improved under Holden.  Famara does a great job in that near post area, but if we are playing 3 CBs that ought to give us one more defensive aerial ball winner.  We will need someone to play that role and attack the near post ball.  But it’s coachable.

Fammy is one of the most important members of our squad imo, bear in mind you have to take Elliassons assists away from the team as well, we will be giving up an awful load of goals, assists and defensive work with just those 2 alone gone.

not gonna give my usual summary of the pros and cons of Eliasson.  If I only had to lose one of the two, it would be Eliasson (rather than Famara) every day of the week....even more so with Holden likely to play 352.

I have always been consistent in my views of Fam.  An ok player who the fans love because he beats the badge and gives 110%. Decent defending, but in my life time of supporting City I have seen  many strikers who simply are two gears better than Fam. 
For that reason if we make a profit on him , or lose him for nowt in a years time,  then best go now & good luck all the best for the future.

The key is he has to be replaced and an upgrade if that happens.  Fancy it will these odd times.

24 minutes ago, frenchred said:

It says more about my opinion of Fam than it does the attractiveness of our club at the moment.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I hope our defensive system for set pieces is improved under Holden.  Famara does a great job in that near post area, but if we are playing 3 CBs that ought to give us one more defensive aerial ball winner.  We will need someone to play that role and attack the near post ball.  But it’s coachable.

I get what your saying but remember that Holden was present for whatever set piece system we had in place last year. I know people will say that it was LJ decisions but IMO an assistant manager not strong enough to let his manager know that things are wrong and could be done differently won't translate well into the manager's role himself. If as was said that he could see what was wrong last year he should have stepped up. If he did and was ignored then perhaps someone who had the courage of his own convictions should have walked away. I know I would feel pretty useless if I understood my ideas were never going to be good enough to come to fruition. I really want to be wrong but I don't see DH having a magic playbook that will eradicate the problem's of last year.

Maybe Wells was bought with Famara leaving in mind?

2 minutes ago, collier said:

I get what your saying but remember that Holden was present for whatever set piece system we had in place last year. I know people will say that it was LJ decisions but IMO an assistant manager not strong enough to let his manager know that things are wrong and could be done differently won't translate well into the manager's role himself. If as was said that he could see what was wrong last year he should have stepped up. If he did and was ignored then perhaps someone who had the courage of his own convictions should have walked away. I know I would feel pretty useless if I understood my ideas were never going to be good enough to come to fruition. I really want to be wrong but I don't see DH having a magic playbook that will eradicate the problem's of last year.

Agree with all you say....and I saw little change in defensive set piece set up under him.  We don’t keep men on posts, and we do allow defenders to be blocked.

It is one thing I’ll be watching closely.  Let’s hope it’s something they work on over pre-season and it negates the need for Famara.

49 minutes ago, Padlad said:

Why are ppl not concerned at losing last year's player of the season? Ppl were also pretty unconcerned by Josh brownhill leaving and look how we fell apart after that. We will need players with heart next season. 

Because I’m sure there will be a rigorous and vigorous attempt to bring in a replacement 

41 minutes ago, collier said:

Someone gets it.

Archived