IGNORED

Fammy..

BCFC1512

On the Fam debate, go back to the start of the season gone.  We had Afobe who basically kept Fam out the team and was firing on all cylinders. If I recall the general consensus was this was an upgrade on Fam ?  ( not saying I think it will happen  but if we sold a Fam would you take Afobe back. Monies would not be far apart) 

7 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

On the Fam debate, go back to the start of the season gone.  We had Afobe who basically kept Fam out the team and was firing on all cylinders. If I recall the general consensus was this was an upgrade on Fam ?  ( not saying I think it will happen  but if we sold a Fam would you take Afobe back. Monies would not be far apart) 

If Kori is not the same player following serious injury which I believe is the reason he has not been offered a new contract, then the same surely applies to Afobe which for the money Stoke would want would be as big a gamble as making Houlden our coach. I believe there would be better options for the money.

14 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I wouldn't.

Always likely to be injured unfortunately.

And I didn't see him clearing many corners.

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not really, think its clear he wants to move on and there are better players out there that we could attract in the striking department.

Better players out there but there is a  difference between...

’Do you want to come to play under Hughton at Bristol City?’... ‘Yes please’

’Do you want to come to play for Bristol City under Holden?’... ‘Sorry, who???’

Just now, RobintheRed Red said:

Dont worry mate weinmann upfront :laugh: ??

I actually don't mind him up front.

I believe he can score goals through the middle. The problem is that even on the rare occasions when he is told to play up front he keeps drifting out wide. I don't know if that's why he kept getting played there, or if he does it because he is so used to playing there. I can't decide if it is the chicken or the egg.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I actually don't mind him up front.

I believe he can score goals through the middle. The problem is that even on the rare occasions when he is told to play up front he keeps drifting out wide. I don't know if that's why he kept getting played there, or if he does it because he is so used to playing there. I can't decide if it is the chicken or the egg.

yeh  agree what you say was laughing at the other guy slating fammy not prolific but his goal ratio wasnt bad plus he played centre half from corners weinmann wont get you the goals fam got .

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. Hopefully one a bit more like 

He's played up front quite a lot with Fam. And played with up there with Afobe, Rodri, Semenyo, Watkins and Szmodics. And he played on his own up top against WBA.

He looked far better with Afobe than any others. Not too bad with Watkins and Semenyo either. 

He runs wide because he likes to run into space. Doesn't seem to like taking the ball with a big defender on him with his back to goal.

WBA game he was running wide all the time and we had no one up front as he was the only striker.

not a fan of weinmann Headless chicken

• Admin
13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Better players out there but there is a  difference between...

’Do you want to come to play under Hughton at Bristol City?’... ‘Yes please’

’Do you want to come to play for Bristol City under Holden?’... ‘Sorry, who???’

Rhian Brewster chose Swansea ahead of us last summer, I suspect that had something to do with Steve Cooper being over there and knowing each other from their England days 

5 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

yeh  agree what you say was laughing at the other guy slating fammy not prolific but his goal ratio wasnt bad plus he played centre half from corners weinmann wont get you the goals fam got .

I think he could if he just stayed through the middle. Preferably with Famara. The few games that he did that I thought there was a really good partnership there.

Anyway, Famara is my favourite current player and has been for the last few seasons, so we are on the same page in that regard I think. ?

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I think he could if he just stayed through the middle. Preferably with Famara. The few games that he did that I thought there was a really good partnership there.

Anyway, Famara is my favourite current player and has been for the last few seasons, so we are on the same page in that regard I think. ?

Yes works his balls off 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. Hopefully one a bit more like 

He's played up front quite a lot with Fam. And played with up there with Afobe, Rodri, Semenyo, Watkins and Szmodics. And he played on his own up top against WBA.

He looked far better with Afobe than any others. Not too bad with Watkins and Semenyo either. 

He runs wide because he likes to run into space. Doesn't seem to like taking the ball with a big defender on him with his back to goal.

WBA game he was running wide all the time and we had no one up front as he was the only striker.

Yes, it's a shame.

Because I honestly believe (tin hat on) that he is among the best finishers at the club. I remember his hat-trick away. Nobody that remembers that can say that the lad can't finish.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm confused how Nahki Wells was there I thought he'd gone back to Bermuda? 

Isn't that one of the countries on the two weeks quarantine list? 

Or is that not correct 

That’s the Bahamas. I have a couple of friends in Bermuda and life remains unchanged there. 

36 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Fam does get some stick on here but I’m almost certain we will miss him an awful lot when he goes. Does more than score 12-15 a season.

I agree, Fam does defend corners well, but he is a striker and for me he misses too many chances. We need another prolific striker. Wieman is another one who I believe is not good enough. 

3 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

I have always been consistent in my views of Fam.  An ok player who the fans love because he beats the badge and gives 110%. Decent defending, but in my life time of supporting City I have seen  many strikers who simply are two gears better than Fam. 
For that reason if we make a profit on him , or lose him for nowt in a years time,  then best go now & good luck all the best for the future.

The key is he has to be replaced and an upgrade if that happens.  Fancy it will these odd times.

Agree 100%.

He works hard, likeable character and defends well at corners, but his main job is striker. 

Never convinced if he's through on a 1v1.  His anticipation in the box is woeful.  Heading is poor and never in the right place.  Very rarely gets a clean connection when shooting.  

11 hours ago, collier said:

So your not going to include the 5-10 goals a season he probably stops the opposition scoring with his defensive work. Good luck next year with getting Wells to help out our leaky defence. People should be careful what they wish for.

Fammy is one of the most important members of our squad imo, bear in mind you have to take Elliassons assists away from the team as well, we will be giving up an awful load of goals, assists and defensive work with just those 2 alone gone.

Good points well made. No doubt in my mind he will be a big miss, I love the guy!

For me tho, Fam leaving makes it even more important we go 3-5-2 next year, especially if we are unable to bring in that tall dominating centre midfielder many are calling for.

Having three centre halves in the team who are competent in the air will be vital to trying to replace Fam's well documented defensive prowess from corners and free kicks this year.

Going to be difficult to replace Famara especially if it is true that we are very limited in terms of funds. 

He’s not the most natural finisher but still managed 41 goals in 101 starts which isn’t bad at all and he brings a lot more than just goals to the squad. We’ll miss him when he goes IMO.

His major negative I felt was not actually him, it was just the temptation he brought which allowed others to go direct far too often when under the slightest bit of pressure.

He was an easy option for them but too often it resulted in us just handing over possession.

Archived