IGNORED

Fammy..

BCFC1512

He’s a good striker at this level - not great. Always liked him and if he actually plays every game he scores about 1 in 3 which isn’t bad. Good at defending set pieces and clearly a positive influence on the pitch. 

Fine to lose him as he won’t take us to the prem but who replaces him?

Yea bin him off, he's crap, not as if he has a scoring rate far, far in excess of the world class striker known as Benik Afobe, and one that is almost exactly the same as another top class 20 goal a season striker Nhaki Wells, but he couldn't possibly be on that level and is clearly worse than a bloke who has a career scoring rate probably similar to Aiden Flint I've checked and its actually just better than Flint over his career. 

Yea let's get rid of Fam, and then moan like **** when we can't replace him for less than about 10 million quid. 

2 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Yea bin him off, he's crap, not as if he has a scoring rate far, far in excess of the world class striker known as Benik Afobe, and one that is almost exactly the same as another top class 20 goal a season striker Nhaki Wells, but he couldn't possibly be on that level and is clearly worse than a bloke who has a career scoring rate probably similar to Aiden Flint I've checked and its actually just better than Flint over his career. 

Yea let's get rid of Fam, and then moan like **** when we can't replace him for less than about 10 million quid. 

It’s not like he has years left and we’re looking to get rid, he’s got 12 months left and seemingly won’t sigh another deal, would you rather he left for free next summer? 

Just now, Lrrr said:

It’s not like he has years left and we’re looking to get rid, he’s got 12 months left and seemingly won’t sigh another deal, would you rather he left for free next summer? 

This thread is littered with people who want rid, and saying he's only this and that and Afobe and Wiemann are better options ffs. 

Personally I would be looking at what sort of funds are available for Replacing him, backing Holden doesn't necessarily mean spending money, if there isn't much available then keeping Fam and seeing where we are come January and then loosing a bit of his value before selling is every bit an important as bring in new players. 

39 minutes ago, Kibs said:

He’s not the most natural finisher but still managed 41 goals in 101 starts which isn’t bad at all and he brings a lot more than just goals to the squad. We’ll miss him when he goes IMO.

That's a good scoring rate. I hope we keep him, but if he wants to go thats a different scenario.

49 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Think some of our fans will soon realise how good he was once he's left. 

We created very little chances last season and he still hit double figures. 

Absolutely agree.

We create little by way of chances. We seem to need to score at least 2 a game to get anything out of games. 
Our GD in the last few seasons have been the worst in the top half of the table.

Our defending is at times laughable and Fam for all his faults makes us stronger defensively.

Fam could probably do better than us. If he wants to go. I don’t blame him.

Any player is replaceable but I think Diedhiou would be a massive loss. We may set up differently under Holden but, under LJ, he was absolutely integral to how we played. I can see why he splits opinion but his work ethic and contributions off the ball are vital to us and is scoring rate is better than he gets credit for. 

If he won't sign a new deal then he has to go but I do not think he will be easy to replace. He reminds me a lot of Heskey in terms of how much of his contribution goes unnoticed.

56 minutes ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

It would be nice to have a midfield that could help more at corners and general defensive play rather than relying on a striker. Our defence is actually good in the air, but their responsibility was marking the opposition, I think Fam got more of a free role to follow and attack the ball. 

Generally, I think Fam was asked to cover the near post when defending corners which he did brilliantly, but it has to be tempered slightly as a hell of a lot of corners are under hit and end up at the near post so it could be that he looks more prominent in defence than he actually is, and another player may well be as efficient in that position. 

But there is no denying that his defending at corners is excellent.

19 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Any player is replaceable but I think Diedhiou would be a massive loss. We may set up differently under Holden but, under LJ, he was absolutely integral to how we played. I can see why he splits opinion but his work ethic and contributions off the ball are vital to us and is scoring rate is better than he gets credit for. 

If he won't sign a new deal then he has to go but I do not think he will be easy to replace. He reminds me a lot of Heskey in terms of how much of his contribution goes unnoticed.

With Fam and Elliasson on the pitch we scored goals and without them we generally didn't.

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

Going to be difficult to replace Famara especially if it is true that we are very limited in terms of funds. 

He’s not the most natural finisher but still managed 41 goals in 101 starts which isn’t bad at all and he brings a lot more than just goals to the squad. We’ll miss him when he goes IMO.

His major negative I felt was not actually him, it was just the temptation he brought which allowed others to go direct far too often when under the slightest bit of pressure.

He was an easy option for them but too often it resulted in us just handing over possession.

Agree but what I would suggest is that it was LJ that tried to turn him into a target man type of player and really, it’s not his natural game at all. 

Hope he stays but we shall see. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

With Fam and Elliasson on the pitch we scored goals and without them we generally didn't.

I’d love to actually analyse the data behind this!!

I’ve done lots of analysis of Eliasson in terms of results and assists, looking at games he starts versus games he comes on as sub.

Games he starts:

1C54FC56-79E1-4923-9865-8D0DBF107DE5.thumb.jpeg.914b374f1e860e1067ad5883accc2396.jpeg

Games as sub:

19DDACEC-6172-4667-83BD-35EDB8D095DF.thumb.jpeg.a017ff4cf4793fb72fb8f909685022a3.jpeg

Its clear that Eliasson is better (results wise) starting than subbing, but to say we score more with him on the pitch than off it requires real data analysis I don’t have.  His ratio of assists per 90 is higher as a sub.

He is a data anomaly....you can pull apart his data and prove or disprove anything. ???

Its bloody frustrating.

15 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Dont worry mate weinmann upfront :laugh: ??

Weimann-Wells assist-goal. Twice at Middlesbrough.

Wonder if some chemistry could grow there. Both quite clever players IMO.

Also you could have a loose 3-4-3 with Weimann wide right but bit off the front, Paterson wide left but bit off the front (Not wingers) and Wells up front.

Which can also morph into a 3-4-1-2 with back 3, 2 CM and WBs, Paterson as a '10', between the midfield and the front pair.

That said Diedhiou would be not at all easy to replace, with money tight especially. 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Rhian Brewster chose Swansea ahead of us last summer, I suspect that had something to do with Steve Cooper being over there and knowing each other from their England days 

No he didn’t. For a start he moved in January ‘20. Secondly, we were well on our way with the Nketiah chase (3rd episode) when he signed for Swansea. 

8 hours ago, Spud55 said:

This thread is littered with people who want rid, and saying he's only this and that and Afobe and Wiemann are better options ffs. 

This thread is not littered with people who  want rid, more pragmatic  & common sense.
In professional sport IF Fam can treble his income by a move abroad to China, Turkey, or where ever, and earn 50k a week, or what ever fanciful sum it is, then he would go. And Why not.  How can a championship club compete ?  
It would be barmy to keep him for a year and wave bye bye with no compensation. 
That said he might love it here and stay  And sign on similar terms. Who knows, but would you rather have £10m in bank now, or nowt next season. 

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Weimann-Wells assist-goal. Twice at Middlesbrough.

Wonder if some chemistry could grow there. Both quite clever players IMO.

Also you could have a loose 3-4-3 with Weimann wide right but bit off the front, Paterson wide left but bit off the front (Not wingers) and Wells up front.

Which can also morph into a 3-4-1-2 with back 3, 2 CM and WBs, Paterson as a '10', between the midfield and the front pair.

That said Diedhiou would be not at all easy to replace, with money tight especially. 

Not a lover if weinmann mate headless chicken runs around but not in right places league one player slower pace .

Not keen on weimann myself but maybe could strike a good partnership in a two with wells.

semenyo looks to have grown a lot and bulked up considerably. Always been a natural finisher at youth level although LJ said needs to work on box entries.

hard to say given he hasn’t done much yet but could he be a viable replacement for fam. Power, height, finishing and pace. There is a real talent in there but needs good coaching and game time. If we’re going youth route, I’d like to see him given a chance

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

Not keen on weimann myself but maybe could strike a good partnership in a two with wells

I think we could be going that way, Holden has spoken on wanting to win the ball back quickly, Weimann is the best presser of the ball we have, he was always frustrated no one else would press intensely so someone like Wells with him could work. 

Meh. Out most exciting run in recent years came when he was out injured and the football we played then was never replicated when he was back fit and our “lazy option” of hoofing it. 
I know the wheels fell off before he came back as well before anyone points it out...

Totally understand moving him on if it keeps the coffers turning and the squad developing. 

44 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Not keen on weimann myself but maybe could strike a good partnership in a two with wells.

semenyo looks to have grown a lot and bulked up considerably. Always been a natural finisher at youth level although LJ said needs to work on box entries.

hard to say given he hasn’t done much yet but could he be a viable replacement for fam. Power, height, finishing and pace. There is a real talent in there but needs good coaching and game time. If we’re going youth route, I’d like to see him given a chance

Aah... the old "box entries".

Yeah, LJ said a lot of stuff....

Archived