IGNORED

Fammy..

BCFC1512

9 hours ago, Superjack said:

Aah... the old "box entries".

Yeah, LJ said a lot of stuff....

I think although I am a fan of LJ that he could over complicate things. Considering he was so keen on his stats, it was odd that he said that about Semenyo and something like "he has never scored from inside the box" and then someone (probably @Shtanley :) ) showed several examples of him scoring or having chances in the box. Maybe he was looking at a different box?

Until we reach a point where only very average players want to sign a new contract with us we cannot move forward.

As soon as anyone including local boys have 1 decent year, their next thought is to get away.

When we got to the first division we had a great group of excellent young players who wanted to play for the club.

Given that same bunch today at least half of them would not sign a new deal

If we cannot keep our good players and add to them, how will we ever get anywhere.

I fully understand the financial imperative of selling players but for goodness sake SL, stop talking about promoation as soon as possible whilst this policy is in place.

Much of the frustration expressed on this forum over the last 6 weeks boils down to SL and Ashton talking about promotion and then taking decisions based on stability in the Championship.

If stability and top half in the Championship is our realistic goal, it would be better to be honest and say so.

It damages the personal credibility of our board when we talk about promotion yet adopt a "sell one or 2 good ones per year and replace with league 1 hopefuls"

This is a realistic and understandable policy but PLEASE stop insulting our inteligence by talking about promotion.

34 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Much of the frustration expressed on this forum over the last 6 weeks boils down to SL and Ashton talking about promotion and then taking decisions based on stability in the Championship.

If stability and top half in the Championship is our realistic goal, it would be better to be honest and say so

This is a realistic and understandable policy but PLEASE stop insulting our inteligence by talking about promotion.

They had to talk about promotion and success to tempt good people to apply for the job.
Reality kicked in - refer to biggest recession and rise in unemployment in the media, and they quickly realised (or always knew) we would simply not have the funds to do what they would like to do so they had to rein in back in. 

Disappointment and frustration for everyone but hopefully the club will survive without needing yet another injection of cash from SL or us breaking our piggy banks open. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think although I am a fan of LJ that he could over complicate things. Considering he was so keen on his stats, it was odd that he said that about Semenyo and something like "he has never scored from inside the box" and then someone (probably @Shtanley :) ) showed several examples of him scoring or having chances in the box. Maybe he was looking at a different box?

Lee contradicted himself so often to suit his agenda.

”gotta win the midfield” one week to “gotta win the boxes” the next.

Archived