IGNORED

What position in the league is acceptable this season

Redtrojan

What position is acceptable this season?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clearly we’ve been through a lengthy recruitment process for our new manager and the general consensus of opinion is that it appears a little underwhelming.

That may well turn out to be unfair and I wish Dean the best of luck and hope he is well supported by the owners.

In some ways having empty stadiums may be a blessing in disguise as I fear Dean would cop plenty of flack if we don’t start well ,which again could be premature,remember how close Ferguson came to the sack at old Trafford ,prior to his long run of successes.

That said ,what is a reasonable expectation for this season??

I’m going to suggest flirting with the play offs but finishing in the top half of the table would be ok .....as long as it looks like we have a pattern of play and can build on that.

Just now, One Team said:

According to SL, promotion. 

Ashton stated to GT yesterday that the expectations hadn’t changed, despite appointing a Head Coach no other club in our division would.

And will the club be selling these halucenogenic drugs in tablet form, or intravenously?

1 minute ago, bris red said:

I’d be happy to avoid relegation to be honest. We have a complete rookie in charge learning his trade - what more can we expect than survival realistically?

Jeez dude - why so negative all the time? It’s constant. Take some happy pills ffs

Just now, Curr Avon said:

And will the club be selling these halucenogenic drugs in tablet form, or intravenously?

It’s not drugs, it’d make more sense if it was.

Its completely delusional behaviour and such a ignorant self righteous belief in ones ability to be right, even if the previous attempts resulted in failure.

7 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

Clearly we’ve been through a lengthy recruitment process for our new manager and the general consensus of opinion is that it appears a little underwhelming.

That may well turn out to be unfair and I wish Dean the best of luck and hope he is well supported by the owners.

In some ways having empty stadiums may be a blessing in disguise as I fear Dean would cop plenty of flack if we don’t start well ,which again could be premature,remember how close Ferguson came to the sack at old Trafford ,prior to his long run of successes.

That said ,what is a reasonable expectation for this season??

I’m going to suggest flirting with the play offs but finishing in the top half of the table would be ok .....as long as it looks like we have a pattern of play and can build on that.

21st

Technically top 6, because that’s the target that SL has stated. It was LJs target and SL said we need someone to take us to the next level.

Is that realistic? No idea to be honest, but we need to be ambitious. There’s no point aiming for also rans.

Id be happy if we saw some entertaining football and a few big results, preferably an improvement in goal difference too

With the current squad I think they'll be happy with top half, but that's assuming they make allowances for allowing younger players sufficient time to prove themselves and also up the entertainment value. 

If however DH is allowed to sign a load of new players (unlikely given the circumstances) then he'll probably be expected to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

According to SL, promotion. 

Ashton stated to GT yesterday that the expectations hadn’t changed, despite appointing a Head Coach no other club in our division would.

Top 6.

Unless we think we’ve gone backwards  as a club for some reason?

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If we play attacking football that is not hoof ball and quite a few young players then I am happy with anything above 18th. 

Not expecting play offs so would be great if we can develop an identity and bring through the youth players.

Given up on the club really kicking on so would genuinely like to see entertaining football and bring through a new generation of players, be it academy or signing up & coming talent.

Archived