IGNORED

What position in the league is acceptable this season

Redtrojan

What position is acceptable this season?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think there are two different questions here. The first being the title "what position will be acceptable" and the second "what position do we believe we'll finish" 

To answer the title question, the position that would be acceptable has to be the play offs. 

Holden was appointed after LJ failed to achieve the clubs target of a top six finish. The club therefore believes that Dean Holden is the person to do what LJ couldn't. It further stands to reason that the club believed that LJ had the squad to do it last season, therefore, with one or two additions, Holden should have a squad capable of a top 6 finish next season. 

Now the second question, where do I believe we will finish? I would hope we finish somewhere above mid-table, around 8th to 10th. Anything above that would be surprising but brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Yes, the prior record of the two assistants is below underwhelming so youth football is where they have had any visible success.  Also known generally - and correctly - as nothing like the real game.  And our squad is the epitome of mediocre.  Almost all our players are mid-ranking Championship players.  We have no outstanding players (which those filling top 6 places typically do).  DaSilva has potential to be better than that but one player out of 30 odd isn’t going to take us beyond mediocre.  We have finished 8th, 11th and 12th in the last three seasons - mediocre - and now have a novice in charge.  

Skybet only have 6 clubs below us in the odds for next season. Avoiding relegation would be a good achievement in all these circumstances.

So mid ranking is the epitome of mediocre?  Okay, fine ??‍♂️

Archived