Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

I know its annoying but I can see what they are doing (promise I'm not John). They have built this club and they don't want one man (manager) making decisions that affect the future. It's part of the plan. Greater good. Don't shoot me down hahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ahhh one of the new 7000 I've seen some sh*t these last few days. Sags feeding, fishing of this bullsh*t

Can you translate this for me? I'm not one of the "new 7000" I've been going down the gate for close to 20 years now (and I'm only 30) - albeit I moved to Canada 6 months ago. The club is an embarrasment who have bottled this appointment. I sincerely hope Dean does well but you can't be annoyed at people for venting in the middle of a pandemic and heat wave. Understandable at the moment, wouldn't you say, Mr. Ashton?

Edited by Tom
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Embarrassment??? You have been going for 20 years. You're memory is very short

Because we've recently made progress as a club, we should now be happy with sideways/backwards progress? I'm not sure if this logic would fly in any successful business environment. Lansdown certainly didn't do this at the rugby club either, which is a big bone of contention. Pat Lam or Dean Holden? They are hardly equal in stature or represent similar investments. People feel short changed in comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When certain posters on here think the entire fan base is anti MA / SL / JL and any other ‘ suits’ (why not, do you really think they’re going to negotiate multi million deals in flip flops, shorts and string vest ??), before they assume that they need to consider how many views the post has had and how many comments it’s received. 
 

There’s probably over 25k fans out there who care enough to call it ‘their’ club - but the reality is most of them don’t agree with most of the ridiculous comments on here some people have posted hence the disparity of views v comments. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but people need to get a reality check on the entire fan base instead of their just mates who want to be part of the alleged majority  

 

 

Edited by Red DNA
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Realist said:

We've gone from 13000 average to 20000 under Landsdown. Numbers don't lie 

Better ground and facilities that's helped massively but if it wasn't for the dire football it would be 26-27k every home game.. Games need to improve.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Realist said:

Twitter Monkeys

Get some perspective. We are in a good place, good stadium, self sufficient and well within FFP. Many fans of other teams laughing at the melt down while they are on the edge of financial breakdown. 

Yes

We are also taken for granted by and lied to by the people in charge,

Fans have a right to be unhappy, without us there is no club

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yes

We are also taken for granted by and lied to by the people in charge,

Fans have a right to be unhappy, without us there is no club

Have you ever been happy though? What would make you happy right now, shall I pop round...🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Have you ever been happy though? What would make you happy right now, shall I pop round...🥳

I've been accused of being a happy clapper numerous times on this forum, ive defended the club countless times during this process up until last week,

What has happened is the final straw for me,

No I'm not happy those in charge of this club have lost my faith and trust in them and I doubt they will ever get it back,

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I've been accused of being a happy clapper numerous times on this forum, ive defended the club countless times during this process up until last week,

What has happened is the final straw for me,

No I'm not happy those in charge of this club have lost my faith and trust in them and I doubt they will ever get it back,

 

After such a long relationship with the club, maybe time to cut them a little slack and see if their plans actually work out. Maybe after knowing DH for 4 years and having been at the interviews, they have good reasons for the decision. This is no cause to chuck the toys out of the pram. Cardiff had the colour of their strip and nickname changed. Things could be a lot worse and, you never know, they may be about to get a lot better. Forgive and move on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

After such a long relationship with the club, maybe time to cut them a little slack and see if their plans actually work out. Maybe after knowing DH for 4 years and having been at the interviews, they have good reasons for the decision. This is no cause to chuck the toys out of the pram. Cardiff had the colour of their strip and nickname changed. Things could be a lot worse and, you never know, they may be about to get a lot better. Forgive and move on.

Im entitled to my opinion,

Trust isn't won back and unquestion loyalty is how you end up with dictators 

Carry on with your head buried in the sand and stop questioning peoples right to be upset because they were lied too again

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Im entitled to my opinion,

Trust isn't won back and unquestion loyalty is how you end up with dictators 

Carry on with your head buried in the sand and stop questioning peoples right to be upset because they were lied too again

I am sorry if you were upset and expected a different outcome to the head coach appointment. That does not mean that the board have made a bad decision - just an unexpected one. It may all work out wonderfully and we could start to play great football and be in contention for the play offs. Whatever happens, my head is not in the sand but I am interested to see how things will turn out.  I want to watch football matches at Ashton Gate and regret that my days of travelling away are largely over due to age. The name of the coach/directors/CEO or brand of beer chosen as sponsors is very secondary to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...