IGNORED

TWITTER MONKEYS

Realist

11 hours ago, Realist said:

Twitter Monkeys

Get some perspective. We are in a good place, good stadium, self sufficient and well within FFP. Many fans of other teams laughing at the melt down while they are on the edge of financial breakdown. 

A minority of people who think the club can do no wrong arguing with a minority of people who think it can do no right...............it all comes down to the same thing, the lot of you are bunch of boring, repetitive barstewards who drag this place down to Twitter levels tbh.

You are a bore and so are the people you are bitching with. **** off back to Twitter.................. 

12 hours ago, Realist said:

Twitter Monkeys

Get some perspective. We are in a good place, good stadium, self sufficient and well within FFP. Many fans of other teams laughing at the melt down while they are on the edge of financial breakdown. 

I think you'll find it's the club's decision that fans of other teams are laughing at.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Realist said:

Twitter Monkeys

We're far from being self sufficient, we are still single handedly supported by SL bank rolling the club, as for "Twitter Monkeys" I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but if you can't see what was wrong with the past few weeks I would find that worrying.

Perhaps you should read the SC&T statement for a start?

22 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I've been accused of being a happy clapper numerous times on this forum, ive defended the club countless times during this process up until last week,

What has happened is the final straw for me,

No I'm not happy those in charge of this club have lost my faith and trust in them and I doubt they will ever get it back,

Oh! you will get it back when we storm this League, and we all run on the pitch after an nerve racking 1-0 win at AG against Cardiff, to seal promotion. Carrying 'Deano' and  'Marky' around the ground in a lap of honour. ?

22 hours ago, MATT BCFC said:

Was reported by a number of media outlets that he said he was interested. If you go to a job interview you normally have some interest in that job. 

But he is 61, and would want to bring his own team, from the clips I have seen om Training Day, the coaching and enthusiasm is spot on. Besides how much sweeter will it be to have one of our own actually achieve the impossible. 

I called the Coppell the Bottler fiasco in that he was just not interested before a ball was kicked, I called this appointment too, I hope I am right and DH has the right stuff, I honestly reckon the guy has.

22 hours ago, MATT BCFC said:

Was reported by a number of media outlets that he said he was interested. If you go to a job interview you normally have some interest in that job. 

Would that be the same media outlets that reported Hughton had been given the job?

Don't believe everything you are told.

33 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Would that be the same media outlets that reported Hughton had been given the job?

Don't believe everything you are told.

The post confirmed he and cook had interviews and considering the post got almost all their information spot on during this shitshow I'd be inclined to believe them,

In fact McGregor is about the only person who has gained credibility during this whole shit show

57 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The post confirmed he and cook had interviews and considering the post got almost all their information spot on during this shitshow I'd be inclined to believe them,

In fact McGregor is about the only person who has gained credibility during this whole shit show

Pity he completely ballsed up Korey leaving then wasn't it?

The club hadn't decided, because that's the coaches decision, but clever clogs printed a story that he was close to signing a new contract!

Made up lying bullshit.

Korey deserved much better than that!!!!

On 12/08/2020 at 09:51, Bat Fastard said:

. Things could be a lot worse and, you never know, they may be about to get a lot better. 

Very true, Bat. Wise words.

But as any @Realist would then insist on adding, things could also be a lot better and, you never know, they may be about to get a lot worse. You know these realists! 

6 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Pity he completely ballsed up Korey leaving then wasn't it?

The club hadn't decided, because that's the coaches decision, but clever clogs printed a story that he was close to signing a new contract!

Made up lying bullshit.

Korey deserved much better than that!!!!

Yeah, it was all Gregor's fault. Absolutely nothing to do with the club, not at all...

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Very true, Bat. Wise words.

But as any @Realist would then insist on adding, things could also be a lot better and, you never know, they may be about to get a lot worse. You know these realists! 

The thrill of professional sport. Things could also just stay the same.... But we are all bright eyed optimists on here and tend to look at the bright horizon and not into the gutter at our feet. You know this to be true.

If you don't like other people's opinions or debating them/ arguing with them then why use the Internet at all to discuss football? 

Football fans are passionate, people who are passionate about something are far more outspoken. Yes, sometimes some will go too far, some will make great points, some will be outright odd but if you're not happy to get all of that then better to just discuss City with your mates off of the Internet IMO. Each to their own and all that. 

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, it was all Gregor's fault. Absolutely nothing to do with the club, not at all...

How on earth can you blame the club for this?

They should have announced the decision before it was made? 

Had they made a decision about Korey before a new coach was in place, people would have been saying football decisions should be made by football people, not administrators!

I know people like to blame the club for just about everything at the moment, but blaming them for this is bloody ridiculous.

If he had kept his big mouth shut, and not printed lies, (it was a lie and has he apologised? Or printed a correction?) none of this would have happened.

33 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Had they made a decision about Korey before a new coach was in place, people would have been saying football decisions should be made by football people, not administrators!

I know people like to blame the club for just about everything at the moment, but blaming them for this is bloody ridiculous.

If he had kept his big mouth shut, and not printed lies, (it was a lie and has he apologised? Or printed a correction?) none of this would have happened.

It was someone else’s lie, one that he published....yes he had “printed” (tweeted) an apology.  Don’t think it went to print.  And he actually apologised personally to Korey, who was ok with it.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was someone else’s lie, one that he published....yes he had “printed” (tweeted) an apology.  Don’t think it went to print.  And he actually apologised personally to Korey, who was ok with it.

Doing what journalists should be doing, and hes done a very good job recently much better consider the communication blackout at the dictatorship 

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

*Sigh*

It wasn't a lie. He didn't say the club had agreed a new contract with Smith. He said, based on what he'd heard, possibly from Korey's agent, that agreement "was getting closer".  Not much of a story, and not something the sports editor is going to rush to publish. It may have been written days before it appeared. You save up non-urgent stories for use on weekends in the summer.

Then on Friday, they appoint Holden and Dean decides he doesn't have Korey in his plans, but the club do not release this information to the public or press.

Result, a story saying KS "closer to a deal" appears in the Post on Saturday morning which KS has to update with the new information.

The situation should have been avoided by the club issuing a statement as soon as they took the decision. They decided to let go of our longest-serving player and only belatedly published an appreciation of him three days later, after a storm of criticism for their silence. It is their media department's omission.

And yes, Gregor did hold his hands up that he got that story wrong, but sometimes events overtake stories. He can't be at work 24/7.  I've no doubt that when he wrote it the club was still in talks with KS and they appeared close to a conclusion. 

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I imagine any upset KS had was with the club for cutting him loose, not with the Post over a story that had been made out of date by events.

57 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

*Sigh*

It wasn't a lie. He didn't say the club had agreed a new contract with Smith. He said, based on what he'd heard, possibly from Korey's agent, that agreement "was getting closer".  Not much of a story, and not something the sports editor is going to rush to publish. It may have been written days before it appeared. You save up non-urgent stories for use on weekends in the summer.

Then on Friday, they appoint Holden and Dean decides he doesn't have Korey in his plans, but the club do not release this information to the public or press.

Result, a story saying KS "closer to a deal" appears in the Post on Saturday morning which KS has to update with the new information.

The situation should have been avoided by the club issuing a statement as soon as they took the decision. They decided to let go of our longest-serving player and only belatedly published an appreciation of him three days later, after a storm of criticism for their silence. It is their media department's omission.

And yes, Gregor did hold his hands up that he got that story wrong, but sometimes events overtake stories. He can't be at work 24/7.  I've no doubt that when he wrote it the club was still in talks with KS and they appeared close to a conclusion. 

"Sigh"

Nothing from the hac journalist came from the club as a final decision had NOT yet been made.

The first person to tell was Korey, not you, not me. Give him a short time to take it in before realising it to the press/supporters.

These people get away with murder, just printing non facts as facts!

If what he did wasn't wrong, why did he apologise?

A brilliant servant and player left in this way because of rank bad journalism, nothing else.

14 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

"Sigh"

Nothing from the hac journalist came from the club as a final decision had NOT yet been made. He didn't say a final decision had been made. DID YOU READ THE STORY?

The first person to tell was Korey, not you, not me. Give him a short time to take it in before realising it to the press/supporters. It should be the club releasing the news when the decision was made. They have a media dept, Korey doesn't.

These people get away with murder, just printing non facts as facts!  It was a story that was overtaken by events. The club say Holden made the decision. Holden was only appointed on Friday afternoon. The story appeared first thing on Saturday. Both the post and probably Korey and his agent were caught on the hop by City's u-turn.

If what he did wasn't wrong, why did he apologise? Because it had been overtaken by events. Things written are not necessarily published instantly. How do you think a newspaper works?

A brilliant servant and player left in this way because of rank bad journalism, nothing else. He left the club because of the club's decision, not because of the Bristol Post, you twerp.

24 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

"Sigh"

Nothing from the hac journalist came from the club as a final decision had NOT yet been made.

The first person to tell was Korey, not you, not me. Give him a short time to take it in before realising it to the press/supporters.

These people get away with murder, just printing non facts as facts!

If what he did wasn't wrong, why did he apologise?

A brilliant servant and player left in this way because of rank bad journalism, nothing else.

You're making yourself look like a right plank here.  You're ignoring the 99% of things Gregor got right and focussing on the 1% he got wrong, based on erroneous information supplied to him, which he has since apologised for and even contacted Korey directly himself to apologise (as Gregor stated on the OSIB podcast this week).

Anyone with half a brain can see that Gregor has been one of the good guys during this whole fiasco, faithfully reporting what he find out without sensationalism or guarantees. He's shown himself to be a thoroughly decent bloke who shows an understanding of the fans viewpoint and a desire to seek answers on the questions we all have. The only other person I can think of who's shown similar empathy for our concerns as fans is Geoff Twentyman.

On 12/08/2020 at 09:34, Blackbird1 said:

Hughton is 61, he comes with his own team, too costly, this club has to remain viable, simple really, but some on here think we are Barca, we are not. 

I think you'll find it was the Blue Few who claimed to be Barca at one point

I don't believe we've even been that deluded. Or bothered

5 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

But he is 61, and would want to bring his own team, from the clips I have seen om Training Day, the coaching and enthusiasm is spot on. Besides how much sweeter will it be to have one of our own actually achieve the impossible. 

I called the Coppell the Bottler fiasco in that he was just not interested before a ball was kicked, I called this appointment too, I hope I am right and DH has the right stuff, I honestly reckon the guy has.

But you have no indication that you are right, it's just a hunch, because - unlike Hughton - Holden has never done this before.

As for your first sentence, I'm not sure what relevance Hughton's age is, apart from the massive extra experience he has over Holden.

He'd want to bring his own men in, but seeing as our team had failed, that's an advantage. Might have got Ashton's snout out of on-pitch decisions, which would be another advantage.

Yes Chris Hughton would cost more than Dean Holden, but if you get promoted you win a £150m jackpot. You might think of it as an investment in order to get a higher eventual return. The Championship looks weaker this coming season than it's been for ages. We were in prime position to take advantage of that.  Notice I use the past case "were". We're not now IMO.

On 12/08/2020 at 09:34, Blackbird1 said:

Hughton is 61, he comes with his own team, too costly, this club has to remain viable, simple really, but some on here think we are Barca, we are not. 

I don't buy this.  Hughton is a well regarded manager but he isn't Jurgen Klopp.  Why is it we can afford to spend £45m on a high-spec stadium rebuild, build a brand new state-of-the-art training facility, spend £8,000,000 on central defenders, receive large transfer fees for our best players....and yet we can't recruit a respected coach with the necessary experience for a promotion challenge - while other comparable teams in the division manage to do just that?

Ipswich don't have our money, and yet they managed to employee Mick McCarthy for years - and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of supporters would have welcomed McCarthy with open arms compared to the complete novice we've just appointed.  It's arguable that pretty much every other Championship club now has a better qualified and more experienced manager than we do - and many of them have less financial clout than we do.  It's a sorry state of affairs and I'm tired of excuses like "we're not Barcelona".

On 12/08/2020 at 00:37, Red DNA said:

When certain posters on here think the entire fan base is anti MA / SL / JL and any other ‘ suits’ (why not, do you really think they’re going to negotiate multi million deals in flip flops, shorts and string vest ??), before they assume that they need to consider how many views the post has had and how many comments it’s received. 

There’s probably over 25k fans out there who care enough to call it ‘their’ club - but the reality is most of them don’t agree with most of the ridiculous comments on here some people have posted hence the disparity of views v comments. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but people need to get a reality check on the entire fan base instead of their just mates who want to be part of the alleged majority  

This is a good point. I’d suggest that there’s a vocal minority on social media that have a rant every two days. Dare I say it their maybe one or two sad sags on there with too much time on their hands. Then they’ll contradict themselves two days later when the dust has settled and they realise we have an England standard coaching set up that might just work.

I’m no more uncertain right now than I an before any other season and I hope the majority does what they do year on year, backs the club 

Archived