IGNORED

A Good Start?

Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I realise the circumstances are different but it’s worth noting that Thomas Frank only won 1 game in his first 10 at Brentford. I could try and suggest patience amongst our fans but I think that’s unlikely in this case.

I’d suggest it depends on performances if we get off to a bad start.

Brentford started badly results wise but I seem to remember performances indicated results would change. Or was that the season before!? ?

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I’d suggest it depends on performances if we get off to a bad start.

Brentford started badly results wise but I seem to remember performances indicated results would change. Or was that the season before!? ?

It was true of GJ as well of course, new methods can sometimes take a while to bed in. But you are right, I think people are more forgiving if they can see a plan coming together.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I realise the circumstances are different but it’s worth noting that Thomas Frank only won 1 game in his first 10 at Brentford. I could try and suggest patience amongst our fans but I think that’s unlikely in this case.

it really depends, while Frank did have 1 win in the first 10, you could see it was only a matter of time before they put a run together, the football they played was still pleasing on the eye and dominated most teams,

If we had that run and played like brentford did then its palatable,

However if we have that run and play like we did under johnson which frankly at this stage more likely, then we are in massive trouble

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thomas Frank had also managed Brondby, arguably the biggest club in Denmark, so his two seasons of experience warranted that patience.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It was true of GJ as well of course, new methods can sometimes take a while to bed in. But you are right, I think people are more forgiving if they can see a plan coming together.

Agreed, but and this is where my beef with Holden appointment comes in, I would have been a touch dissapointed but happy enough if he had been given the job when Lee was binned off, but the waiting and all the shite that came along with it has done the damage I'm afraid. 

And although I won't get on Holdens back as none of this is his fault, I hope that people will be all over Ashton like flies on shit if we have a bad start. 

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Agreed, but and this is where my beef with Holden appointment comes in, I would have been a touch dissapointed but happy enough if he had been given the job when Lee was binned off, but the waiting and all the shite that came along with it has done the damage I'm afraid. 

And although I won't get on Holdens back as none of this is his fault, I hope that people will be all over Ashton like flies on shit if we have a bad start. 

I dont think people will be on holden's back unless its disastrous performances and heavy defeats which I think is unlikely

But yes the anger will be place solely at those running the club, and frankly the club are very lucky that fans arent able to attend

Knowing Brentford fans well, I can say that there was not much patience at the start of Frank's reign and lots of fans were unhappy and thought he was a big mistake. 

As has been pointed out though, his experience and previous successes are far in advance of Mr Holden's. 

I'd have to say that DH won't have too many excuses if we don't get off brightly. He was appointed partly because "He knows the players and they like him" so he should already be getting his ideas across to players who have bought into his ethos. Any new boss worth his salt should be saying "This is how I want us to play, anyone not up for it or disagree then I won't stand in your way of a move" (as long as it's in the clubs financial interest)
The continuity is already there, we've a good although slightly weekend squad, and as long as Fammy and Eliasson are replaced (If they go) then there are simply no excuses. I don't expect us to set the world on fire but there's no way we should start badly unless of course, familiarity breeds contempt and the players take advantage and the piss.
Depends on the fixtures of course, but as long as he can motivate and keep it simple but effective we should be competitive. I think it's about performance as well as results. Grinding out a few turgid 1-0's is just more of the same.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember hearing the words patience with LJ "I need 3 windows" 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Good start, bad start, it depends on which teams we play against in the first two months on how we can determine if its good or bad. 

If we play say ten in the first two months we all know ten wins and 30 point and is not possible.

good to me will be out of ten, 5 x wins, 3 x draws and 2 x losses. This makes 18 points which should sit us in the top eight.

anything less than this the DH baggers and I’m one will will turn the poor bloke into a mantle breakdown.

2 hours ago, Spud55 said:

I've posted it elsewhere but I see that delay as a potential positvie rather than a negative. I think the club expected to appoint a CH/Cook etc but DH interview was that good and the board couldn't ignore it so it made them rethink how they could appoint DH but get him the support he needed?

Archived