IGNORED

Gregor Rates the bedsheet

Shtanley

3 hours ago, One Team said:

This pretty much aligns with how I perceived this podcast which I have mentioned on a previous page. It’s interesting that this thread is the most feedback a OSIB podcast announcement has had. 

I am a huge fan of OSIB and I think @Shtanley and @petehinton do a great job with it and thank you gents. For me though it needs to represent all the fan base and being dismissive of a significant (I will use that as we don’t really know what is a majority/minority viewpoint here) proportion of it just isn’t on.

Having Gregor on is great but it also starts to make it feel more polished, which for me is where OSIB loses its appeal a little bit. It’s a difficult one as he’s great value. OSIB is at its best when it’s not trying too hard and when it feels like a bunch of mates larking about.

It’s a brilliant podcast though I always enjoy listening so thanks again. 

If you want “less polished” head on over to Forever Bristol City pod on:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/

you get phones ringing, someone’s wife calling them for tea and a bloke angle grinding in the garden.

@headhunter - but we are getting there.

9 hours ago, IAmNick said:

For the record, our last 3 seasons we finished 11th, 8th, and 12th. That's an average of just under 10th.

Just over ten years ago we finished 4th, 10th, and 10th. That's an average of 8th.

In fact the first 5 years in the Champ last time our average position was 11.8. This 5 years it's been 13.2.

I don't think it really means that much to compare in this way, but your comment is incorrect.

In reality I think twice in a row now we've had one good season (the playoff final under Gary, and the cup run season under Lee) and then stagnated - I just hope this little foray into the Championship doesn't end the way the last one did!

We then finished 15th, 20th, and 24th - 6 seasons not 5.

Why miss that out ? 

Average for those 6 seasons was 13.83

So we have improved on that basis - not sure what that proves (bugger all I think) but at least include all the seasons in the analysis.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

We then finished 15th, 20th, and 24th - 6 seasons not 5.

Why miss that out ? 

Average for those 6 seasons was 13.5.

So we have improved on that basis - not sure what that proves (bugger all I think) but at least include all the seasons.

Because the post I quoted was talking about the last three seasons being the best in the last 30 years?

I then compared the first 5 in each case as we've only been in the Championship 5 seasons running this time so that seemed fair. Hopefully the 6th this time wont go the way of the last time!

12 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Because the post I quoted was talking about the last three seasons being the best in the last 30 years?

I then compared the first 5 in each case as we've only been in the Championship 5 seasons running this time so that seemed fair. Hopefully the 6th this time wont go the way of the last time!

Apologies - didn't realise, just read your post out of context.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

you get phones ringing, someone’s wife calling them for tea and a bloke angle grinding in the garden.

Thanks Dave will give that a listen.

Is it on Apple podcasts or just on that link? 

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Haha, yeah I do kinda like the idiosyncrasies of the pod, adds a bit of comedy value to it.

@Davefevs Ive noticed when you're on, your mic is always a lot quieter than all the others, maybe something you might want to look into. You're a great contributor overall though, and someone that stands up to Ian with fact based reasoning when he goes on one of his self indulgent narratives.

11 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Haha, yeah I do kinda like the idiosyncrasies of the pod, adds a bit of comedy value to it.

@Davefevs Ive noticed when you're on, your mic is always a lot quieter than all the others, maybe something you might want to look into. You're a great contributor overall though, and someone that stands up to Ian with fact based reasoning when he goes on one of his self indulgent narratives.

I might actually buy a mic / headset....using iPhone and the standard earphones you get.

On 13/08/2020 at 21:22, Davefevs said:

Just discussed this podcast and its blooming great, currently going through all the back issues, It has a nice balance of views and I thought well argued and reasoned points of view. In fairness I like all three of the city podcasts, each has it a point of difference and there is now truly something for everone.  i like listening to them in the background when on thee endless DIY work around the house or garden!

so cheers to all of you out there who take the time to bring us these podcasts.

On 13/08/2020 at 15:13, Riaz said:

Its not been corrected. You cant correct an opinion

You said Cotterill was taking City down - fair enough, that is your opinion.

But you also said that LJ climbed the table with the same squad.

LJ had 6 additions to Cotts' squad to work with so that part of your post is not your opinion, it's simply not true. 

It is that statement I have corrected you on - again - and it would be to your credit if you finally just accepted it was wrong.

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You said Cotterill was taking City down - fair enough, that is your opinion.

But you also said that LJ climbed the table with the same squad.

LJ had 6 additions to Cotts' squad to work with so that part of your post is not your opinion, it's simply not true. 

It is that statement I have corrected you on - again - and it would be to your credit if you finally just accepted it was wrong.

He also regularly forgets to mention that half of LJ’s wonder sales were actually players already here. 

Take them away and suddenly the net spend argument isn’t quite so strong. 

I have to agree with Nogbad and a few of the others who have commented on the way some views were sharply dismissed by the OSIB team. I disagreed with some of what John from Kingswood said but his dissapointment with the club certainly reflected the wider fan base's opinion on Monday night. 

I also agree that there seemed to be a shortage of different opinions in the pod. I tuned in expecting to hear a fair old debate with the pros and cons but didn't expect that much consensus. 

Gregor was a great addition and the pod is slick and an easy listen. As always, I will look forward to the next one. 

Archived