IGNORED

Buy the club...?

Red DNA

For the ‘majority’ of fans who have been ranting on here for the last few weeks and obviously think they could run it better, I’m interested to know how much you are prepared to chip in to buy a share?

I’m even more interested why most of you don’t even bother to contribute to the running of this - normally - excellent forum which allows you to vent your anger?

The least you all should do to show how passionate you are about ‘your’ club, without giving a few more pennies towards our financially astute major shareholder, is to cough up now to help fund the running of this forum.

You underestimate the financial genius and insight of the Forum mob.  Such sums are nothing to people like these and they will not bother with existing staff but do every task themselves on a rota. The club will be rich and in the Premier League almost instantly and then you will all realise that we never really needed the help of a Billionaire.  Come on guys - show them how it is done. Don't be afraid of losses, you can simply ignore them.

39 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

For the ‘majority’ of fans who have been ranting on here for the last few weeks and obviously think they could run it better, I’m interested to know how much you are prepared to chip in to buy a share?

I’m even more interested why most of you don’t even bother to contribute to the running of this - normally - excellent forum which allows you to vent your anger?

The least you all should do to show how passionate you are about ‘your’ club, without giving a few more pennies towards our financially astute major shareholder, is to cough up now to help fund the running of this forum.

I’d be willing to invest £100m....

If I had £2bn.

41 minutes ago, Atticus said:

You have no idea what peoples financial situation are and how much we spend and contribute to the club.

It was a dig at those who want to buy the club yet aren’t prepared to help out on the running costs of this forum by paying a fiver or so each year...?

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

It was a dig at those who want to buy the club yet aren’t prepared to help out on the running costs of this forum by paying a fiver or so each year...?

A dig that wasn't very elegantly expressed, when you tie it in to the cost of poor old Steve having to pay for the running of the club he decided to buy.

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

What would approximately be the price if 100,000 people shipped in? Ashton out. Most of Lansdowns money is wasted anyway. Infrastructure minus the cost of Ashtons shortcomings.  

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A dig that wasn't very elegantly expressed, when you tie it in to the cost of poor old Steve having to pay for the running of the club he decided to buy.

People seem to think that Steve is some poor bloke who put £100m on Red and it came up Black...........and keeps coming back for more. He has enough real estate interest in his investment to not be overly concerned about the amounts he is investing...............and nobody begrudges him that because he's the guy who has put his money where his mouth is. But anybody thinking there would be no club without Steve has got that wrong in my view...........................it might not be the same club we have now (the one that takes five weeks to appoint the cone putter outer as manager!!) but there would be a club all the same.

46 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

wasn't it Lord Sugar who claimed that the quickest way to be a millionaire is start as a multi millionaire and buy a Football Club?

To be fair, Lord Sugar also said that he wasn’t convinced coronavirus existed because “I’ve not had it and my wife’s not had it”

He’s batshit crazy.

The quote itself is a variation on “How do you make a small fortune? Start with a large fortune and xyz (dependant on gag)”

3 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Not too inflammatory then...?

To be honest, at a time when fans are yet again at each others throats due to the people we have running the club you could have picked a better way to ask for people to chip in to the forum.

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

You have no idea what peoples financial situation are and how much we spend and contribute to the club.

Yes he does. We'll, not in any detail, but he does know that you don't do what he is talking about. 

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

I’m still a shareholder. I think I’ll make an offer to buy at the next shareholder meeting.

As a matter of interest how many other holdouts are there?

There absolutely would be a club but if SL suddenly, as in today, tomorrow- whenever- decided he would no longer fund the club, and I mean no more funding- zero- how long would it be until we fell into administration?

Genuine question. Not a pro or anti SL post, but simply an attempt to objectively assess how reliant we are on him- not just for signings but solvency!

It's a position we are in that he has helped to steer us to, although in fairness that is probably the same for all or close to all Championship clubs btw.

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Not too inflammatory then...?

To be honest, at a time when fans are yet again at each others throats due to the people we have running the club you could have picked a better way to ask for people to chip in to the forum.

Shouldn't really need to be asked again. 

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

To quote paragraph 2 I totally agree that you have a excellent forum 

28 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

If everyone chipped in we might be able to afford s couple of parking spaces in the car park, we will probably own the whole club by the year 2600

I think you are completely missing the point..! 

He's asking why you aren't chipping in your fiver a year. 

Archived