IGNORED

Buy the club...?

Red DNA

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Tell you what Tone, I'll lend you a fiver at a starting rate of half a % a day doubling every day, as long as it is for a guaranteed period of at least one year. 

Your kindness without doubt exceeds your good looks

3 hours ago, Red DNA said:

For the ‘majority’ of fans who have been ranting on here for the last few weeks and obviously think they could run it better, I’m interested to know how much you are prepared to chip in to buy a share?

I’m even more interested why most of you don’t even bother to contribute to the running of this - normally - excellent forum which allows you to vent your anger?

The least you all should do to show how passionate you are about ‘your’ club, without giving a few more pennies towards our financially astute major shareholder, is to cough up now to help fund the running of this forum.

What a poimtlessly stupid thread?  Is it the heat or boredom?  ?

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

People seem to think that Steve is some poor bloke who put £100m on Red and it came up Black...........and keeps coming back for more. He has enough real estate interest in his investment to not be overly concerned about the amounts he is investing...............and nobody begrudges him that because he's the guy who has put his money where his mouth is. But anybody thinking there would be no club without Steve has got that wrong in my view...........................it might not be the same club we have now (the one that takes five weeks to appoint the cone putter outer as manager!!) but there would be a club all the same.

True but we would be having league derby now. Which tbf is not a bad thing. I miss those days 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Red DNA said:

For the ‘majority’ of fans who have been ranting on here for the last few weeks and obviously think they could run it better, I’m interested to know how much you are prepared to chip in to buy a share?

I’m even more interested why most of you don’t even bother to contribute to the running of this - normally - excellent forum which allows you to vent your anger?

The least you all should do to show how passionate you are about ‘your’ club, without giving a few more pennies towards our financially astute major shareholder, is to cough up now to help fund the running of this forum.

Who commits more, the guy with billions that invests 10% of his worth or the penniless guy who spends every spare penny he has following City home and away?

But agree with the rest of what you say, for all the critics of this site, it is one of the most open and allowing of topics and discussions that would stand no chance on many other clubs boards

Hate to say other comments you made in relation to this post clouded the point that you were trying to make

Many people look at the actual forum with envy as it is so easy to use and find your way around

On a personal level, I honestly don't think people realise how active the moderating team are behind the scenes keeping everything running correctly and concisely, then that is before we start on Tom and Clik's role on here

Tifa Time: "here u go make use of this as necessary" - Elekk ...

I'd be willing to bet that the average person contributes a greater proportion of their wealth in season ticket money than SL does of his own wealth a season. 

Those bloody supporters getting uppity again that they can't control something they love unconditionally. How selfish of them to want some say in it!! Thank you to the Lansdowns for all the facilities they've provided, absolutely. We have an amazing stadium, amazing training facilities on the way, and a lot of our debts underwritten. But if people can't understand why some people want more of a say in how the club is run then I think that's wilful ignorance. 

I would like the club, one day, to be fan owned. German clubs can do it, Spanish clubs can do it. Now that would require major systemic change to the EFL and PL before that's a realistic proposition. It'd also require us to be self sufficient as a club, which I concede isn't possible at the moment. Again, systemic change needed. I don't want to remove the owners now, or even buy the club off them currently. One day though, I'd like this club to be community owned, and community run. All supporters able to come together and have a tangible level of ownership in something extremely close to their hearts. 

If that makes me entitled then so be it.

FWIW, thank you to all the mods for running OTIB so well for so long. If you haven't paid your fiver yet, here's the link: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'd be willing to bet that the average person contributes a greater proportion of their wealth in season ticket money than SL does of his own wealth a season. 

Those bloody supporters getting uppity again that they can't control something they love unconditionally. How selfish of them to want some say in it!! Thank you to the Lansdowns for all the facilities they've provided, absolutely. We have an amazing stadium, amazing training facilities on the way, and a lot of our debts underwritten. But if people can't understand why some people want more of a say in how the club is run then I think that's wilful ignorance. 

I would like the club, one day, to be fan owned. German clubs can do it, Spanish clubs can do it. Now that would require major systemic change to the EFL and PL before that's a realistic proposition. It'd also require us to be self sufficient as a club, which I concede isn't possible at the moment. Again, systemic change needed. I don't want to remove the owners now, or even buy the club off them currently. One day though, I'd like this club to be community owned, and community run. All supporters able to come together and have a tangible level of ownership in something extremely close to their hearts. 

FWIW, thank you to all the mods for running OTIB so well for so long. If you haven't paid your fiver yet, here's the link: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

Makes perfect sense but we are so far away from that in this country. I'm not an apologist but where we are now and looking at other clubs....it could be worse

Just now, Realist said:

Makes perfect sense but we are so far away from that in this country. I'm not an apologist but where we are now and looking at other clubs....it could be worse

Couldn't agree more. It's a grass is always greener thing. Not saying you're doing this yourself mate, but I've seen quite a few people on this forum dismissing any criticisms of the Lansdowns as unfounded. 

Like you say, we're a long way away from what I'd like City to be. But I won't quietly nod along no matter what, personally. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's great but 2 5th's of **** all is still **** all, and that does not pay the bills and keep the club afloat, I think its arrogance to think all the fans should have a say in all the detail of running the club.

11 minutes ago, Dorset_Cider said:

I will admit ....... I have a small holding...... other than that I think I'm perfectly normal.

Same here and we have the real problems. Its not like running a straightforward football club. Yesterday a whole load of my sweetcorn crop was vandalised by drunken badgers. You couldn't write stuff like that. 

18 hours ago, Red DNA said:

How do you donate to this forum. No one has ever told me so I assume others would probably not be aware as well. I would be happy to donate. By the way its not always excellent but its always very entertaining.

4 minutes ago, City oz said:

How do you donate to this forum. No one has ever told me so I assume others would probably not be aware as well. I would be happy to donate. By the way its not always excellent but its always very entertaining.

The first rule of Forum Club is...

17 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What would approximately be the price if 100,000 people shipped in? Ashton out. Most of Lansdowns money is wasted anyway. Infrastructure minus the cost of Ashtons shortcomings.  

Well 100,000 people would need to contribute £100 each to make £10m, so put Gerrard on a 4 year contract at £2m a year and you’ve got £2m left to make sure we never run out of Gold behind the bar. 

The players have been so shocking for the last 18 months they don’t deserved to be paid and with SL, JL, MA, and DH all sacked the only other people to pay are the kit man, the head scout and the tea lady!
This running a football club lark is easy!! ?

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

Click on your username at the top of the page, then select 'Manage Subscriptions'. Then you can become an 'OTIB Supporter'.

18 minutes ago, Chivs said:

The first rule of Forum Club is...

The first rule of forum club is 

1- enjoy the banter.

2- enjoy it if you get aubergines.

3- enjoy others taking the piss out of your posts.

4- enjoy the likes.

5- enjoy the communication with all loyal city supporters 

6- enjoy the interaction of how many city fans like me are across the world.

1 hour ago, DC10 said:

Well 100,000 people would need to contribute £100 each to make £10m, so put Gerrard on a 4 year contract at £2m a year and you’ve got £2m left to make sure we never run out of Gold behind the bar. 

The players have been so shocking for the last 18 months they don’t deserved to be paid and with SL, JL, MA, and DH all sacked the only other people to pay are the kit man, the head scout and the tea lady!
This running a football club lark is easy!! ?

People always forget to add the cost of Employers National Insurance Contributions (NICs). There goes most of your reserve! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, City oz said:

1 hour ago, RiverRed said:

Click on your username at the top of the page, then select 'Manage Subscriptions'. Then you can become an 'OTIB Supporter'.

Alternatively 

image.png

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

On 13/08/2020 at 10:12, Bat Fastard said:

Same here and we have the real problems. Its not like running a straightforward football club. Yesterday a whole load of my sweetcorn crop was vandalised by drunken badgers. You couldn't write stuff like that. 

Were any of them wearing BCFC shirt of past and did they answer to the name Player X?

(Police find Player X in ditch at 5am asleep............. might have been X player)

On 13/08/2020 at 10:42, City oz said:

2- enjoy it if you get aubergines.

If life gives you aubergines ....................... make a moussaka.

TBH when I first read the OP I got a bit irie, but really all he's saying is pay up your fivers to Otib.  

1 minute ago, Dorset_Cider said:

Were any of them wearing BCFC shirt of past and did they answer to the name Player X?

(Police find Player X in ditch at 5am asleep............. might have been X player)

They were a bit like Newcastle supporters. They scoffed windfall plums and pears, which were pretty alcoholic and then knocked down the corn plants and scoffed the corn.  I had to put up loads of weldmesh held together by heavy duty ties to defend the rest of the crop.  What's the betting they dig under it. We have not had a great defence this season.

Would be great if we had a system like Germany whereby fans have to own a percentage of the club. 

Unfortunately a lot of clubs seems to be owned for the wrong reasons in this country either for an individual's own ego and or for some kind of soft power. 

We could do a lot worse than SL but he certainly has got his flaws. 

Archived