IGNORED

First signing

Show Me The Money!

20 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Do people think, like myself, that with the head coach now finally being appointed, although not entirely popular, that we now really need to see the first pre-season signing?

Maybe even next seasons kit if it’s not too much bother. (Maybe MA is giving it a vigorous wash first)

After a few weeks of bad PR, the club could completely change the mood with a popular signing.

That could be a highly rated Premier League youngster on loan, an experienced midfield general, or a proven attacking talent. 

A good news story would really help right now!

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Worth noting just how quiet the market has been at Championship level to date- maybe clubs are waiting on something- I know Covid but even so.

I suspect everyone is waiting for everyone else to make a start on transfers either in or out to see where the bench mark is going to be them  both. 

The relegated teams with the parachute payments should be made to cough up first as they’ve probably got the most dosh?

5 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

I suspect everyone is waiting for everyone else to make a start on transfers either in or out to see where the bench mark is going to be them  both. 

The relegated teams with the parachute payments should be made to cough up first as they’ve probably got the most dosh?

Good point.

Bournemouth's accounts look quite ropey but who knows- I do know though that they lost £30m in PL 2018/19 when things were normal and with TV being such a big part of their income hmm, Watford don't even appear to have a manager- Norwich seem best placed to spend some, not least as they came down in a good financial place.

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

After a few weeks of bad PR, the club could completely change the mood with a popular signing.

That could be a highly rated Premier League youngster on loan, an experienced midfield general, or a proven attacking talent. 

Man up..! 

And anyway, I don't think that those who's can't see fit to give Holden and his new assistants a chance, are going to change their mind due to a new signing. 

They'll probably just write them off before a ball is kicked as well. 

FWIW, I can see no/very few signings being made in this climate and just hope we at least keep hold of those that we want to keep. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good point.

Bournemouth's accounts look quite ropey but who knows, Watford don't even appear to have a manager- Norwich seem best placed to spend some, not least as they came down in a good financial place.

Didn't Bournemouth just sell someone to Man City for 40 odd million, on top of their parachute payments..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn't Bournemouth just sell someone to Man City for 40 odd million, on top of their parachute payments..? 

Lost £30m in PL 2018/19 season and TV revenue is about 90% of their income I think- that's a major fall- have to be mindful of FFP. Their max 3 year loss is £83m to summer 2021.

Maybe that's why Howe left?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Man up..! 

And anyway, I don't think that those who's can't see fit to give Holden and his new assistants a chance, are going to change their mind due to a new signing. 

FWIW, I can see no/very few signings being made in this climate and just hope we at least keep hold of those that we want to keep. 

Well let's think about this logically...

Are the fans underwhelmed with rookie Holden? Yes.

Would they have been buzzing about proven Hughton? Yes.

So would an exciting signing impress the fans and lift the mood? Not a tricky question.

You're right about the transfer climate though. It's gonna be quiet. But if we flog Diedhiou and Elliasson we might have a few mill to chuck at one good signing and one exciting loan.

Just now, JonDolman said:

I think most of the business will be quite late

Just for a change!!

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Do people think, like myself, that with the head coach now finally being appointed, although not entirely popular, that we now really need to see the first pre-season signing?

Maybe even next seasons kit if it’s not too much bother. (Maybe MA is giving it a vigorous wash first)

I'm sure they do.

And I'm sure people would like to see a signing.

Or the kit.

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Should also add, window ends in early October I think- and domestically a bit beyond that- so in a way it's nothing huge to worry about...yet.

Not having any kind of manager or getting ahead of the game for 5 weeks though, behind the 8-ball sure didn't help however!

Nobody has really moved in the market yet anyway.  

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Man up..! 

He could sign Lionel Messi and some would complain, pointing out that he has no Championship experience, too old, Stoke, rainy Tuesday night etc. 

12 hours ago, mozo said:

It certainly would but Ashton isn’t remotely interested in us fans - we’re a revenue source to him and nothing more.

I doubt the clubs PR skills will improve whilst he’s CEO.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Id sign that barry bannan from wednesday.

Does the simple things well.

Bannan is very creative and can and frequently does boss the midfield. He must be in early 30s by now so very experienced and I agree he’d be an asset to City but so he would be to the majority of Championship teams and if he ever became available there’d be plenty of club after his signature.

Archived