IGNORED

OTIB dictionary

Dave L

6 hours ago, Dave L said:

Those new to this forum may have looked on with some confusion over recent weeks, and as a long term user myself, I thought it might be useful to clarify the meaning of some of the often repeated phrases on here, particularly in recent weeks.

The cheap option:  £30m annual wage bill, and a total investment of £123m.

Yes man: Someone who can work as part of a team to a mutually agreed plan.

Puppet: See ‘yes man’.

Football man: Someone who has worked in football for their entire working life in a variety of capacities, both as player and administrator, is hugely respected within the football world and knows the game inside out.

Smarmy bastard / sleazeball: Someone who has worked in football for their entire working life in a variety of capacities, both as player and administrator, is hugely respected within the football world and knows the game inside out, but has a tendency to speak in a ‘corporate’ way, which obviously negates the previous points.

Another PR disaster for the club: a decision with which I disagree.

Cone putter-outer: Someone who has worked in football for their entire life in a variety of capacities, both as player and coach, is hugely respected within the football world, knows the game inside out.

I’m done with this club: I was drunk when I wrote this, and will be back next season.

Pal/mate/buddy/fellah: I loathe you with all my being.

A disgusting decision: a decision that may not have been taken yet, and could well be a made-up rumour, but if ever it does turn out to be true, I will be disgusted by it. If it doesn’t, I will still be disgusted anyway, because the whole situation is disgusting.

A joke: not remotely funny.

Speculate to accumulate / spend big: commit millions of pounds against the background of a huge loss in annual income, a looming recession and a global financial crisis.

Rookie appointment: a risk.

Bring in a named manager: a risk.

Destined for relegation: Here are next week’s winning Lottery numbers.

ITK: my man crush.

A known fact: a rumour that has been repeated often enough that it must be true, even without any evidence whatsoever to suggest that it is.

According to Twitter: Twitter is the oracle. The source of all truth in the world.

Somebody on Facebook: A drunken conspiracy theorist.

The fans are all against this: I am against this.

It’s a forum: how dare you disagree with me.

Happy clapper: See ‘It’s a forum’.

Good luck to Deano and the team. Next season will be interesting for sure! COYR

If I could like this twice I would

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

“Whoosh” is one of my favourites.  It makes me smile every time I see it..........:)

“Whoosh” - the sound made when untying your incontinence pants at the end of an evening of heavy drinking.

6 hours ago, Dave L said:

Those new to this forum may have looked on with some confusion over recent weeks, and as a long term user myself, I thought it might be useful to clarify the meaning of some of the often repeated phrases on here, particularly in recent weeks.

The cheap option:  £30m annual wage bill, and a total investment of £123m.

Yes man: Someone who can work as part of a team to a mutually agreed plan.

Puppet: See ‘yes man’.

Football man: Someone who has worked in football for their entire working life in a variety of capacities, both as player and administrator, is hugely respected within the football world and knows the game inside out.

Smarmy bastard / sleazeball: Someone who has worked in football for their entire working life in a variety of capacities, both as player and administrator, is hugely respected within the football world and knows the game inside out, but has a tendency to speak in a ‘corporate’ way, which obviously negates the previous points.

Another PR disaster for the club: a decision with which I disagree.

Cone putter-outer: Someone who has worked in football for their entire life in a variety of capacities, both as player and coach, is hugely respected within the football world, knows the game inside out.

I’m done with this club: I was drunk when I wrote this, and will be back next season.

Pal/mate/buddy/fellah: I loathe you with all my being.

A disgusting decision: a decision that may not have been taken yet, and could well be a made-up rumour, but if ever it does turn out to be true, I will be disgusted by it. If it doesn’t, I will still be disgusted anyway, because the whole situation is disgusting.

A joke: not remotely funny.

Speculate to accumulate / spend big: commit millions of pounds against the background of a huge loss in annual income, a looming recession and a global financial crisis.

Rookie appointment: a risk.

Bring in a named manager: a risk.

Destined for relegation: Here are next week’s winning Lottery numbers.

ITK: my man crush.

A known fact: a rumour that has been repeated often enough that it must be true, even without any evidence whatsoever to suggest that it is.

According to Twitter: Twitter is the oracle. The source of all truth in the world.

Somebody on Facebook: A drunken conspiracy theorist.

The fans are all against this: I am against this.

It’s a forum: how dare you disagree with me.

Happy clapper: See ‘It’s a forum’.

Good luck to Deano and the team. Next season will be interesting for sure! COYR

One you missed off @Dave L

“THIS”

Because when I quote your post it would say THIS.....!

I for one have only been dipping in and out the forum, because of the depressing comments and these days the lack of humour, but you’ve just resorted my faith!

DNA: Deoxyribonucleic acid. Contains the genetic code or ‘building blocks’ for life. First isolated in 1869 and decoded in 1953.

Also

DNA: The building blocks for Bristol City football club. This compound still only exists as a theoretical model and at the time of writing has yet to be isolated.

A couple more:

Moaners - derogatory term used by posters who believe fans aren't allowed to express deep concern about the decisions being made by their club. 

Back the club (1) - When told to a "moaner" this translates as "shut up and support the club regardless". 

Back the club (2) - When said by a "moaner" this translates as "despite my misgivings about some of the decisions being made I will support this club through thick and thin" 

Archived