IGNORED

Derby 3 Bristol City 4 (Paul Simpson)

Antman

That goal disallowed for Bent - my old man always said it was because the last defender was behind the goalkeeper so the correct decision. Anyone know if that’s right?  Bloody tight call if so 

6C410355-3345-43B1-AA14-0709AF4DABA1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

That goal disallowed for Bent - my old man always said it was because the last defender was behind the goalkeeper so the correct decision. Anyone know if that’s right? 

It’s not offside, as can be seen by my screenie below. 
The rule however is that if Bent was beyond the keeper, he’d have been off. Not sure how the rule is exactly worded but people think it’s ‘last man’, but it’s actually ‘second last’ which includes the keeper. 

But anyway, he wasn’t off. 

26A21D16-38C3-45C4-BDB0-84CAB48C4200.jpeg

I thought the rule was two players, one of which is the keeper most of the time, doesn’t matter where they are. Keeper could be on the half way line as long as two defenders are in front of the receiver. 
I was at that game, couldn’t believe me Mum let me go. 13 year old school boy. Came out the ground to a massive roar and trouble flared. Made about 3 quid picking up all the coins that were being thrown !! Great days ?

A Palace supporting mate of mine turned up at my house on the morning of the match to tell me that, as a surprise birthday present, he’d bought us tickets for the game and was driving me there! We arrived in time for a good few beers then enjoyed one of the more incredible City matches I’ve ever witnessed. 

Happy days!

46 minutes ago, Portred said:

I thought the rule was two players, one of which is the keeper most of the time, doesn’t matter where they are. Keeper could be on the half way line as long as two defenders are in front of the receiver. 
I was at that game, couldn’t believe me Mum let me go. 13 year old school boy. Came out the ground to a massive roar and trouble flared. Made about 3 quid picking up all the coins that were being thrown !! Great days ?

That is my understanding too....just most people think it’s one defender and the goalie...because it usually is the goalie.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There was something else unique about that match.......anyone know what it was?

No spoilers NTTDS!

First televised league game City were featured in? 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

There was something else unique about that match.......anyone know what it was?

No spoilers NTTDS!

I don’t think it’s unique, but did the same side kick off in both halves? Other than that it might be the first full televised game for that league?

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

First televised league game City were featured in? 

Correct.......NTTDS asked me ages ago what was the first live game that City played  in?

I took a guess that it was Derby v City at the Baseball ground as I vaguely remember seeing the game live on ITV. Didn’t realise at the time that it was Citys first live showing on TV.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Correct.......NTTDS asked me ages ago what was the first live game that City played  in?

I took a guess that it was Derby v City at the Baseball ground as I vaguely remember seeing the game live on ITV. Didn’t realise at the time that it was Citys first live showing on TV.

It wasn't Citys first appearance live on TV

1 minute ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Forest home semi final was live on itv 

That’s why I said first league fixture :)   - can’t think we were on tv for a league fixture previous. Unless any of the 1976-80 games were?

Archived