IGNORED

Semenyo

ChubStixx

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Very good signs again tonight.

But it was against the league 2 play off winners so likely a bottom league 1 side if not the absolute worst.

There's a fundamental difference in physical ability between top champ players and league 2 players.

All positive on him tonight IMO, just let's see vs good players.

Yep, despite lower league players being renowned for being more physical, they aren’t necessarily stronger.  Next test for Antoine is to show this against Champ CBs....and Mings, Hause, Konsa etc ???

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Trying not to get carried away, but looks a completely different player. Pace, Strength and composure

Looks much more like the debutant at PNE in 18/19.

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Looks to have really worked on his game. When I have watched him previously the last couple years he didn’t seem to that attacking nous or awareness. He would often make the wrong runs or be in the wrong place.

Cracking start for the lad. 

I think Tinnion had it spot on when he said in commentary tonight that everything happened a bit too quick for him and it set him back - I think he was intimating that he came back here when he should have stayed with Newport. He said Semenyo is now back to as he was over a year ago.

He looks extremely fit and his movement is very good, just needs to get his shots off a bit quicker and he'll be a huge asset this season.

Looking forward to seeing more of him as the season goes on.

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think Tinnion had it spot on when he said in commentary tonight that everything happened a bit too quick for him and it set him back - I think he was intimating that he came back here when he should have stayed with Newport. He said Semenyo is now back to as he was over a year ago.

He looks extremely fit and his movement is very good, just needs to get his shots off a bit quicker and he'll be a huge asset this season.

Maybe Tinman read my loans article!!!

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Agreed, a few times tonight he took a touch when a 1st time shot would of possibly got him a goal.  He’s definitely got time to improve. That will come with more game time tbh.  

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Semenyo has been absolutely slated on here in the past and I will be delighted if this season he proves them all wrong. 

He really does look like he might do. What a talent. Never any doubt about his amazing potential.

Hopefully Semenyo's emergence will put necessary pressure on Wells to perform and they can fight it out for the shirt.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Semenyo has been absolutely slated on here in the past and I will be delighted if this season he proves them all wrong. 

He really does look like he might do. What a talent. Never any doubt about his amazing potential.

Slated because he put in a series of very poor performances.

There is always the possibility that young players who had been thrown in at the deep end too fast will develop and improve.

This is why most of us support the policy of buying mostly young and developing players. It makes economic sense as well.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong, genuinely. I haven't thought that's he's looked the part so far at this level, but he has age on his side. 

Let's hope he keeps going. 

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Slated because he put in a series of very poor performances.

There is always the possibility that young players who had been thrown in at the deep end too fast will develop and improve.

This is why most of us support the policy of buying mostly young and developing players. It makes economic sense as well.

I slated him but last night looked very good. Under LJ the system probably didn't suit him 

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I slated him but last night looked very good. Under LJ the system probably didn't suit him 

Which is something we can say about a lot of our players under LJ, in the last season especially I expect.

Semenyo seems to have clicked now- found another level, regaining the promise of 2 seasons ago, notably when we recalled him (too soon I thought at the time).

Archived