IGNORED

New season

Langford Red

I have supported BCFC all my life I am now 57 years old

This is the first time that I really could not care how we do this season

I think we have all been washed down the road by ASHTON

SL said he hated players coming to the club for their final pension payout

But I think this is what ASHTON is doing. Just looking after himself and laughing at us quietly 

I genuinly would like to see City do well, but my enthusiasm is all but gone for this season

Thoughts?

Just now, Langford Red said:

But I think this is what ASHTON is doing. Just looking after himself and laughing at us quietly 

I genuinly would like to see City do well, but my enthusiasm is all but gone for this season

Thoughts?

Oh fer crying out loud not another one .

Get a grip .

2 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

Thoughts?

Read Lansdown and Ashton have beaten me........

11 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

Thoughts?

Short memory ?

So I've been on Planet Estrella de Levante for perhaps longer than I should have stayed during El Lockdown.  Did we make the playoffs...........how good is the new kit.........can we expect Manager of the Season award for LJ.........is there a risk of him being poached by a bigger club........in essence, what have I missed please?

I love you all xx

Is this a summary of that essay in the other topic from today that's pretty much the same?

You don't feel like a fan anymore, Ashton is the devil reincarnated, Lansdown doesn't care, we're all doomed., blah..blah and blah.

On the contrast I cant wait to see what the team can do and I'm itching to watch the pre season games if they can get them on Robins TV

4 hours ago, Langford Red said:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are come back when your enthusiasm returns then.....

NEXT!

4 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

So I've been on Planet Estrella de Levante for perhaps longer than I should have stayed during El Lockdown.  Did we make the playoffs...........how good is the new kit.........can we expect Manager of the Season award for LJ.........is there a risk of him being poached by a bigger club........in essence, what have I missed please?

I love you all xx

Got any bog roll? 

5 hours ago, Langford Red said:

Thoughts?

I agree and can relate very much to what you are saying and i have spoke to many people recently who have only echoed these thoughts.

It's funny I'm the complete opposite. Haven't been this buzzing for a new season for a good couple of seasons!

So much to look forward to with, I would argue, a weaker championship than last year so everything to play for.

We've got a strong squad, which imo is only a couple of shrewd signings away from really challenging, with a manager hopefully set to set us up in an attacking system that suits the players (such a genuine relief after the years of constant chopping and changing and worrying about the opposition more than ourselves that defined the last couple of years of the LJ rein imo).

We've got several very exciting young players coming through who are set to play a key role this year rather than be farmed out on loan. 

We've got a new coaching set up which for me as a some of it's parts is a big upgrade on LJ, JMc & DH from last year.

Let's not forget we have our fantastic stadium now with a, hopefully top class, training facility just around the corner.

For all his faults we've got a CEO who has proven himself adept at getting top dollar for our players when we do decide to sell and has negotiated some incredible deals for us incoming wise too (£2 million for Jay De Silva the first choice England under 21 left back at the time springs to mind!)

Yes the communication and expectation management around the new manager was very poor over the past 6 weeks but put it all in context and I really do not get the constant negativity on here atm!

How can people be excited? There is no real pressure on Holden to achieve anything this season, we will prob finish around 14th, no chance of playoffs, same style football we have watched for the past few seasons. For me it's a good season to not have to go and watch games.

Same with me, I’m certainly starting to buzz particularly after watching the twitter clips of the two new coaches in action (look to play the ball forward !) and taking note of the Bournemouth appointment.

As regards Mark Ashton yes his business speak can be annoying but he’s pulled off some really amazing deals involving players both going out and in.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

How can people be excited? There is no real pressure on Holden to achieve anything this season, we will prob finish around 14th, no chance of playoffs, same style football we have watched for the past few seasons. For me it's a good season to not have to go and watch games.

See my post above. How can you say we are going to see the 'same style of football' we have seen for years when even with about 2/3 days on the training ground between games after LJ was sacked, Holden changed us to a much more fluid 3-5-2 formation that much better fit the players and on the whole produced better football. For more info on how our style changed/improved us in those final 5 games see @Davefevs's delve into the stats on the 'shot shy city' thread. As we know the games game thick and fast in that post-LJ period so very little time to work on much tactically in between games so I'm excited to see what Holden, Simpson and Downing can do with a full pre-season.

Well it’s gonna go one of 2 ways isn’t it.  The coaching staff could generate enthusiasm and have a positive impact on the players and create a “buzz” but the Championship is a tough old league.  We aren’t in a cup competition here where we play 8 games and win the cup.  This league can be very testing so that “buzz” won’t last if we aren’t winning games.  We will have to see but in order for this management team to be successful they have to win over the fans and make an improvement on last season. The players will be happy as for them there has been minimal change and they already will know who Dean favours, you would hope with the new coaches he will also focus on youth. 

12 hours ago, Langford Red said:

Thoughts?

My enthusiasm has never changed. I have Had  a moan over the past four or five weeks and have got over it. 

It’s always COYR from me.

13 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I prefer this one, it’s more of a Thomas Hardy short story rather than War and Peace.

See, I’m viewing at as more Jive Bunny. The OP has taken the “hook” line from the “beaten me...” thread and recycled it into a new forum hot entry. There’s enough of us reading it to have interest initially, but soon we’ll all feel dirty and want to revisit the original, full length, version as opposed to a snippet of “Jailhouse Rock”. And then we’ll never speak of this thread again

It’s going to be a weird one that’s for sure - with no fans in the stadia. 
There is so much going on in ‘life’ at the moment, what with Covid and Brexit (just as I was about to retire to Spain ffs) so football has taken a back seat recently by way of importance in my life  

I just hope this new experiment works. I might be in a minority here - I know most of you want ‘entertaining’ football (and I do to), but for me it’s championship survival above all else. If we play ‘boring’ football but don’t end up in a relegation scrap then I’ll be satisfied (not happy, just satisfied). 
Something tells me that Holden’s style won’t be boring - I just hope the goals go in at the right end!!!!

7 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I agree and can relate very much to what you are saying and i have spoke to many people recently who have only echoed these thoughts.

Serious question. Have you ever posted anything positive on here? In 350 odd posts I find it amazing that a ‘fan’ has yet to come up with something positive to say

Archived