IGNORED

Christopher Hughton’s interview approach

Wolf Island

1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

That could have only come from either CH or those carrying out the interview which isn't great in terms of confidentiality.

Can’t see CH slagging himself off so if true, it’s pretty shocking isn’t it and doesn’t show anyone in a good light.

For this to be true, either JL, MA, SL or a couple of other nameless board members would’ve had to have leaked it to none other than ‘The Exiled Robin’.

It doesn’t sound likely, and sounds like damage limitation trying to win fans back onside.

I never trusted The Exiled Robin after he used to bump his own threads on this forum about his own blogs when they didn’t get enough reactions ?

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

For this to be true, either JL, MA, SL or a couple of other nameless board members would’ve had to have leaked it to none other than ‘The Exiled Robin’.

It doesn’t sound likely, and sounds like damage limitation trying to win fans back onside.

I never trusted The Exiled Robin after he used to bump his own threads on this forum about his own blogs when they didn’t get enough reactions ?

Well Gregorface is one of the sources. Who else?

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well Gregorface is one of the sources. Who else?

It’s plausible but after Gregor was used as a pawn in the Korey Smith incident earlier this week, his credibility took a dent.

If you’re City and want to help get fans back on-side, you’d leak a story like this to a City fan like ER with a large organic following. It’s all a bit too convenient and backs up the Holden narrative (knows the club, vision, staff, players).

I don’t really take much notice of what this guy says nowadays, always comes across as desperate to be “in” with the club and the local media. 

Ridiculous story/post anyway tbh, doesn’t succeed in showing anyone in a good light.

Lets just worry about what’s going on now and get behind Dean Holden. 

So, Chris Hughton attended an interview for a role with a championship club and came in completely unprepared not knowing the background of the club or its playing staff.

he then had no plan or insight in to how he wanted to take this club forward apart from get rid of all the playing staff.

does that sound believable?

Remember being told about a week after the event that his interview was poor.

However it appears that according to Ashton everyone on the shortlist of 4 got a second interview.

Plus, even if this was the case, we could still have appointed someone else..

All in the past now, Holden has the job & good luck to him, but this smacks too much of trying to discredit Hughton to me.

Not sure what to make if this.

Regardless of how CH did in his first interview, if he was one of the main 4 (out of 10); then MA stated that they were each interviewed "multiple times".

So MA gave him other interview opportunities; and still came to the DH conclusion?.

Doesn't make sense to me. Then again neither did MA's DH is a "Right fit" (refused to elaborate). Or JL's DH is the "right foot" ?

8 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sorry  but that sounds like a smear campaign 

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Utter twaddle leaked from the club to get fans back onside possibly. 

hughton wasn’t the only suitable candidate so it’s no excuse for ending up with Holden anyway.

All possible. But equally wouldn’t it make sense of the situation? For all the bs Mark Ashton rolled out the other night one thing I agreed with was “the Lansdown family don’t do things on the cheap”. I know that’s more been about stadium and training ground...but we’ve thrown the transfer fees around too. Okay we haven’t backed it up with wages but there’s limitations there. 

Let’s consider this, we wanted Hughton, SL wanted him too, breath of fresh air concept, but he comes in and as suggested it’s a train wreck, thinks it’s a broom sweeping clean scenario (which let’s be honest none of us thought, it was a new coach plus the odd signing job). Not being funny but if I was interviewing somebody who hadn’t been in a job for eighteen months, I’d expect them to know more about the company than I did... especially in this field.

Of course this is all based on if that’s true. Will we ever know for sure? Course not. But that’s the fun of modern football. I’ve personally moved on, all I care about is 50 points and another season in this division...but that’s just me.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why wouldn't you trust someone because they bump a thread?! Think most people would do the same if it dropped off the main page...or is that a whoosh that I'm missing?!

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Given credence by the BEP sports editor. I believe it to be true or at least partly true and would explain a lot. Hughton the standout candidate on paper, the difference between Holden and other candidates more marginal.

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Why wouldn't you trust someone because they bump a thread?! Think most people would do the same if it dropped off the main page...or is that a whoosh that I'm missing?!

Just a bit of a self indulgent thing to do on threads about your own blog I felt.

If people don’t like it they don’t like it.

Oh, and of course the two new coaches that the club approached 4-5 days before Holden was announced....knew every last detail of the club didn’t they.........

Are the club really trying to tell us that Hughton knew nothing about us, but the two new ones employed knew everything. This stinks of Mark Ashton.  

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Oh, and of course the two new coaches that the club approached 4-5 days before Holden was announced....knew every last detail of the club didn’t they.........

Are the club really trying to tell us that Hughton knew nothing about us, but the two new ones employed knew everything. This stinks of Mark Ashton.  

Or a fan making it up.  

Archived