IGNORED

Your favourite City goal

Fordy62

Christian Roberts winner against the Monkey Hangers. It was the loudest roar I can remember at AG and the Dolman Stand trembled.

The other memorable goal would Scott Murray running thru the opposition team and scoring a brilliant individual goal - against Oldham iirc.

Louie Donowa goal against Tented Village FC shades it for me. That was a massive goal that got the biggest monkey (it seemed more like a bloody mountain gorilla at the time) off our back. Not the best bit of goalkeeping Brian Parkin ever executed but nobody on three and half sides of the ground gave a monkeys..........

A poster referred to the atmosphere that night.......it was the night there was a minute's silence for Des Williams ruined by a couple of Sag retards with one idiot shouting out "better dead than red"........I would put it down as the most hate filled atmosphere I've ever seen at the Gate. That was also the night that Andy Leaning saved Skeletor's penalty at 0-0.

5 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Cant remember his name, Mickey something.....

Bristolian lad wasn't he?

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not the build up Tom but the finish 21.47

Great great nostalgic memories - Milne was excellent for us and definitely had some talent

(see his finish v Palace in the Littlewoods cup run in video below)

Cael Shutt - exciting & xcellent goalscorer , ohhhhhh happy days 

Far more regular exciting action . and football ,  and fun,  than the last few years

@Superjack

I think the Joe Jordan goal you refer to is at 17.10 in video above

Videos courtesy , and with much gratitude of @1960maaan (Had so many hours enjoyment watching these videos)

Yep, that's the one.

Cheers buddy. ??

On 15/08/2020 at 13:57, Davefevs said:

Bob Newman v Newport - 40 yarder

Jimmy Mann v Forest - million yarder (in my head) past Shilton

Trevor Morgan v Chester - best headed goal I’ve seen at AG

Lee Tomlin v Wednesday - assisted himself and half volley goal

Joe Bryan v Man Utd - purest of pure strikes

Tomlin goal was vs Hudders.

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Martin Hirst, Eastville. Made me very happy then, makes me smile even now.

The best feeling I've ever had at a football match. The most nervous I'd been before and the happiest I've been afterwards. This game and those goals were the best ever to witness. "City are back, City are back, Hello, Hello!!"

23 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

He was mate, not with us for long though and this was his only goal.

Mystery why that squad didn’t do better -Welch, Scott, Llewellyn, Bryant, Shelton, Gavin, Bent, Harrison, Mellon, Jacki, Cole, Rosenior, Morgan, Allison 

Archived