IGNORED

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans sold to Torquay

BCFCGav

As per title. Second youth player sold permanently following Rory Holden, maybe a mini clear-out this summer of those not quite up to it? ‘Undisclosed fee’ - probably very little or nil w/ a sell on clause - anyone have any info on this?

He’ll be 24 during the coming season, it is amazing that we refer to so many of these as youth players when they are all 22 or 23.

There are a number of them still on our books, all about 4 years older than Han Massengo..

14 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I like the look of him. I think he will go on to do better than conference level in the future. Probably the right decision to let him go though. Surely people understand we keep them because they show signs of making it with us. Most probably won't but worth keeping that strategy for those that do.

Keeping Bobby on longer than many thought we should got us 20 goals and a superb season where the whole team was based around him and 10 million at the end of it.

Torquay have done well out of our link up with them, they signed Jake Andrews after a couple of loans, at one point they had 4 of our players in their side. 
I think the management here felt they just needed men’s football and the level wasn’t the most important thing, I am not so sure. I have seen players who look far better when playing with good players around them, and have seen players whose level has dropped when playing at a lower level.

I think the lack of a conveniently positioned local league side has worked against us in recent years. Maybe Cheltenham will become an option again now there is no family animosity in play? FGR? More players at Newport? Swindon never seem to be involved either.
You do have to wonder whether the Gas would have been an option if Wael of Fortune hadn’t thrown his toys out of the pram over the Taylor signing.

Archived