IGNORED

Man C v Lyon Champs League Q Final

wendyredredrobin

Having missed Bayern thrashing Barca 8-2 last night, I thought I would give Man C a watch tonight.  Fully expect City to win this one but will be interesting to see how they fare against the Germans if they meet in the semis or the final.

I think I read somewhere that Sergio Aguero is out, but they do have fantastic strength in depth.

Reckon it should be a decent game.

1 minute ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I can see City beating them, pretty even game I think. Bayern were far from solid at the back. If they both make it to that stage anyway.

Not just based on last night, Bayern were my pre-season pick for the CL

Although Lyon finished 7th in Ligue 1 they beat Juve in the last round, drew with Leipzig in the group stages and unlike Man City who are expected to win and are one of the favourites to win the champions league they have no pressure they have nothing to lose (like Ajax last season). 

I think it has the makings of an absolute classic. 

The way the commentators were talking during the Bayern v Barca game I thought Man City were already through!

I do found it really annoying when people from this country write off the opposition before a ball is kicked, pure jingoism, just remember Man City have just two more Englishman than Lyon!!

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The way the commentators were talking during the Bayern v Barca game I thought Man City were already through!

I do found it really annoying when people from this country write off the opposition before a ball is kicked, pure jingoism, just remember Man City have just two more Englishman than Lyon!!

I’ve never got the point you just made regarding English players as if it relates to a English team and making them less so 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Don't think they were being that bad, if Real Madrid were playing Wolves would it not be justified for them to be heavy favourites, Lyon were not all that good in the League this season so went into this game as big underdogs. 

I did find Man City’s starting line up strange . A bit Liverpool really in midfield and didn’t understand de bryune so far up the pitch . Ark at i mind questioning pep ?

as soon as he drops deeper it’s carnage  .

anyone that was at Man City away that night. When he got the ball bowled out to him inside his own half , I said to my mates straight away oh **** 

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Don't think they were being that bad, if Real Madrid were playing Wolves would it not be justified for them to be heavy favourites, Lyon were not all that good in the League this season so went into this game as big underdogs. 

It was the way they repeatedly carried on about what Man City would have to do in the semi with Bayern, then each time they said it, they would say ‘ but they have to beat Lyon’ as an afterthought. 

No one can take the result of a football match for granted, otherwise the bookmakers would be bankrupt! 

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’ve never got the point you just made regarding English players as if it relates to a English team and making them less so 

Nothing against Man City, because the majority of Premier League clubs are the same, but the only thing English about the club are the fans. 

Archived