IGNORED

Man C v Lyon Champs League Q Final

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It was the way they repeatedly carried on about what Man City would have to do in the semi with Bayern, then each time they said it, they would say ‘ but they have to beat Lyon’ as an afterthought. 

No one can take the result of a football match for granted, otherwise the bookmakers would be bankrupt! 

I do agree but considering where Lyon finished in League 1 I don't think they were being as bad as they often are. 

I assume we have just binned of the offside rule completely? I believe it's wording is still a player is offside if they are seeking to gain an advantage by being in an offside position? Or have they changed that as well? And how in the name of christ can you not be interfering with play if the ball goes through your legs? 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s the whole point tho isn’t it surely,football is about the club and the fans not individual players so their nationality makes no difference 

I do agree with you, at the same time I would like a rule where clubs should play a certain amount of players from the clubs country. I would also like a rule implemented in the football league where you should have a certain amount of home grown players playing for your club, not the current one player ( I think I’m correct in saying it’s one ?)

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I do agree with you, at the same time I would like a rule where clubs should play a certain amount of players from the clubs country. I would also like a rule implemented in the football league where you should have a certain amount of home grown players playing for your club, not the current one player ( I think I’m correct in saying it’s one ?)

Spot on but that boat sailed a long time ago sadly

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Pep has got this completely wrong tonight. 

Something something that's what happens when you base team selection on the opposition

3 minutes ago, Super said:

These one off games have been superb. Shame they can't continue.

I really like the concept of hosting quarter final onwards like this in one country in 1 legged games at the end of the season and wham done in a week

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

To all those who say the French league is Mickey Mouse!!!

This stage next year it could be Celtic and Rangers

Except there is only one CL spot in Scotland ?

8 minutes ago, Super said:

These one off games have been superb. Shame they can't continue.

Yeah cant see why it cant continue

All the big clubs keep saying they play to many games so scrap the leagues and go straight ko

Silly me they play to many games against lower league teams in our cup 

happy to play 100 games if its against other "BIG" teams

Nice to see a couple underdogs in the semis for once. Was gutted Atalanta didn’t make it too. 

I wonder if these ties have been more exciting because there’s no hesitant play due to the away goals rule. 

Would love to see Lyon win it. 

Archived