IGNORED

Quiz Question that had me flummoxed: which former City player .....

headhunter

played in 2 UEFA Cup ties for a Premier League team and only managed 45 minutes in each in what proved to be his only appearances for that club?

Question posed by my mate Tim Caple [EuroSport / BT Sport] which I failed to answer despite a number of clues!!

Anyone know, prepared to have a guess?

Graham C is correct - it was John Shaw [and Merrick's Marvels was right saying his teammate was Jimmy Mann.

Both joined City in Summer 74.

Shaw played in the 2nd leg at Elland Road of a UEFA Cup tie in Sept 71 with Leeds 2-0 up for 1st leg. They were 3-0 down at half time and he was taken off [as well as Mann]. Two years later he played in the same competition up at Hibs but went off at half time with 2 broken fingers.

Full details of that first match: http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/pdf/match19710929.pdf

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Graham C is correct - it was John Shaw [and Merrick's Marvels was right saying his teammate was Jimmy Mann.

Both joined City in Summer 74.

Shaw played in the 2nd leg at Elland Road of a UEFA Cup tie in Sept 71 with Leeds 2-0 up for 1st leg. They were 3-0 down at half time and he was taken off [as well as Mann]. Two years later he played in the same competition up at Hibs but went off at half time with 2 broken fingers.

Full details of that first match: http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/pdf/match19710929.pdf

Good question

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

played in 2 UEFA Cup ties for a Premier League team and only managed 45 minutes in each in what proved to be his only appearances for that club?

Question posed by my mate Tim Caple [EuroSport / BT Sport] which I failed to answer despite a number of clues!!

Anyone know, prepared to have a guess?

‘Flummoxed” i had to look it up. When looking at google it said the following “although I had listened to the calcium lecture, I was still flummoxed by the home work assignment and could not complete it.

Head hunter you must of went to school. I went to Stockwood Green then Brislington I was never Flummoxed or didn’t do home work.?

Archived