IGNORED

Annoying phrases /bunch of robots

The dastardly red

“Stumbling block” - as in “wages are a stumbling block” - I’ve never heard that used outside of a forum context 

“I call bullshit” - a favourite of @Monkeh 

“Source?” - when anyone posts any gossip. If they’ve chosen not to reveal who told them then so be it. Take it or leave it.

”Close thread” - When a rumour looks like fizzling out, just a stupid thing to say.

On 08/08/2020 at 18:48, Bobbie said:

So you’ll know we’ve had it much much worse than this in the past. We’ve got a great stadium, top class training facilities on the way, most expensive squad we’ve ever had, highest average attendances, genuine hopes to get into the premier league but everything in your mind is beyond repair because we’ve taken 5 weeks to name a new manager, and you think that named manager might not do well even though in the games he was in temporary charge he did well. He hasn’t even been announced ffs but yes, let’s sack it all off and never support City again. 

Steve Lansdown should get a knighthood for everything he’s done for Bristol. He has put Bristol on the map more than anyone else in recent times, not just in Sport but also within the Business world, and we should be so thankful we have him. Not comparing him with a bunch of greedy yanks who took over a club to saddle it with debt and make a fortune. The comparison is an absolute joke. 

You're good to go

it is what it is

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

“Stumbling block” - as in “wages are a stumbling block” - I’ve never heard that used outside of a forum context 

“I call bullshit” - a favourite of @Monkeh 

“Source?” - when anyone posts any gossip. If they’ve chosen not to reveal who told them then so be it. Take it or leave it.

”Close thread” - When a rumour looks like fizzling out, just a stupid thing to say.

Source (?) is better than the tediously unfunny "Source", from a while back.

25 minutes ago, zider_drinker said:

An opposition fan that comes on here and states “I come in peace”

Along with a person’s insistence on stating which club they support...eg: 

“RIP from a (insert club name here) fan” (irks me when they write R.I.P. as RIP/rip...unless they are tearing something?!?)

“I’m impressed with how Liverpool won the title, I support xyz fc but credit where it’s due” 

Alot of it is youth talk or Americanisms (or even Australianisms) that we're all guilty to some extent of picking up off the internet, and using ourselves.

Dumbing down without a doubt - though few of of us over 30 probably use such banal and hackneyed nonsense in everyday life away from the internet.

Unlike our England cricketers who sound uniformly weird with an accent of their own- none of them seems to talk in English accents or intonation these days.

3 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Meh, Meh, Meh, and Meh.

'Time wasters' as in my stuff is crap, and you still won't buy it.

Trolls, when all is left to argue a point that you have lost is to accuse them as being a Troll.

All things Cider in a name on here.

I have a long list.... ? 

Nearly forgot....DISCUSS!!! **** off you discuss...

12 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

90% of what I read on OTIB is total rubbish.

The last few days have but its better than the crap that lasted four to five weeks where every one thought they were experts on who the new manager should be instead of supporting the club.

lighten up mate 

Archived