IGNORED

Annoying phrases /bunch of robots

The dastardly red

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I get the thread ,and there’s plenty of annoying phrases mostly owned by mark ******* Ashton . If you have problem though with a group of blokes being called lads then you have a issue ?

12 fifty-something Plymouth fans squeezed into Fred Perry polo shirts guarding a statue aren't lads though

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, 'petal', 'flower', 'blossom'.

Very strange.

Does anyone really call each other like that away from internet forums? ?

No they don’t snowflake. :) 

"Bye then"

In response to a fellow fan threatening to give back his/her ST or giving up supporting the club, usually in a fit of pique over the latest decision by the club that fails to meet their expectation.

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

And bread puns need to do(ugh) one too

Too many rise to the bait.

There, I've combined bread and fish puns in one sentence!

"Wake up sheeple".

Typically written by really stupid people on conspiracy theory websites but I've read it on OTIB too, most likely also written by stupid people on OTIB who fancy themselves as possessing super intelligence and insight.

Also, it's already been mentioned but a pet peeve is "can I get" and starting a sentence with "So". Both vile americanisms.

In football commentary:

Back stick

Good engine 

Pulls the trigger 

Brings it under his spell

The park 

Weave his magic

The onion bag 

Was unlucky (this when a millionaire player misses a gaping open goal that a Sunday league player or my grandmother could tap in) 

The bench (nowadays should be called the comfy chairs)

Etc etc etc  

1 minute ago, Redland said:

In football commentary:

Back stick

Good engine 

Pulls the trigger 

Brings it under his spell

The park 

Weave his magic

The onion bag 

Was unlucky (this when a millionaire player misses a gaping open goal that a Sunday league player or my grandmother could tap in) 

Etc etc etc  

And penalty abbreviated to "pen". Pundits do this a lot. Saying "penalty" is hardly a hardship FFS.

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Agreed, when did that start?  

Also when people add ‘right’ to the end of a statement to gain your agreement for what they’ve said right? ?

I also hate it when people who work in shops say ‘today’ at the end of questions I.e. “would you like our special blend of coffee today?”, no I’ll have it tomorrow you fool, of course it’s today, what makes you assume I’ll be coming back to try it another day.

Or when people start a sentence with "so" when asked a question.

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Anyways is another American saying 

There are plenty sneaking in now. My unfavourite is “snuck”.

SNUCK. Why? It’s “sneaked”. But snuck has become almost universal here, in the space of about ten years.

Its such an ugly word. If it’s snuck for sneaked, why not puck for peaked, luck for leaked ... ?

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

There are plenty sneaking in now. My unfavourite is “snuck”.

SNUCK. Why? It’s “sneaked”. But snuck has become almost universal here, in the space of about ten years.

Its such an ugly word. If it’s snuck for sneaked, why not puck for peaked, luck for leaked ... ?

"What's up" is their alright mate or how you doing!

Football commentators who insist on saying “and that is game set and match” when a team goes 3-0 up in the 75th minute.  Firstly it’s origin is in another sport but secondly - not necessarily ! - anything could happen next.

Also people that speak the abbreviation “asap” as a word - “I’ll get back to you ASap” “I’ll send that to you ASap”

Archived