IGNORED

Messi hands in transfer request

REDOXO

1 minute ago, Will b11 said:

Looks like he is leaving then , crazy ! 

He’s just followed Man City on Instagram apparently 

Would think its got to be them or PSG, not sure why Inter are such low odds. Would love to see him in the premier league.

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That clause expired on June 10th, so there is no way he will be allowed to leave for free. Personally I still doubt he will leave at all. 

I can see Man City/PSG etc offering £90m or so and it being accepted as a compromise, without knowing the wording of the contract you'd think Messi would have a sound argument for claiming 'after every season' would translate to at least after Barcelona's last game ie the champions league exit vs Bayern, if they'd gone on to win the champions league would he want to leave etc. So for the sake of taking it to the court of arbitration for sport  and potentially lose him for nothing I can see a mega cash team having a transfer agreed so Barca at least get some money.

"However, there is a clause within that contract that says Messi can leave for free at the end of every season, should he decide that he wants to leave Barcelona, so you would think then that Messi is available for no money at all.

"However, there is a little bit of confusion with this one because Messi will say the season has finished late and, under the contract, the season finishes and I can leave for free.

"But Barcelona will say this is an exceptional circumstance that the season got extended and they will refer to when the season would have ended before, which would have been in May or early June."

• Admin

So he's sent a fax to Barcelona saying he wants to leave 

Is it just his way of trying to force out the most unpopular Barcelona president ever, or does he really want to go? 

Interesting that his release clause is €700m, but Messi is able to walk away for free at the end of any season. 

Wait for the legal ranglings on whether now is the actual end of the season or not? 

Apart from Manchester City and PSG can anyone else afford him? 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it just his way of trying to force out the most unpopular Barcelona president ever, or does he really want to go? 

Interesting that his release clause is €700m, but Messi is able to walk away for free at the end of any season. 

Wait for the legal ranglings on whether now is the actual end of the season or not? 

Swansea?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Apparently Leeds are quoted @ 50/1

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Yeah newells old boys or inter miami I reckon. 

He's only just turned 33 and still considered one of the top 2 in the world, he's got a couple of years somewhere else in Europe before a retirement league

Ploy for more money, or to get rid of the president of the club.

Sure I read something earlier saying if a change in the presidency happens, he'd probably stay.

It would be interesting to see how he would fair in the Premier League, because he wouldn't have as much time on the ball, and he's more likely to get lumps kicked out of him. Be a hell of a lot more physical over here!!

Archived