IGNORED

Messi hands in transfer request

REDOXO

1 minute ago, luke_bristol said:

Apparently Barca are contesting the free release clause as the paperwork states “1st June”, rather than the end of the season.

This could get...ahem....messy....

If it went to court I think a court could easily interpret the agreement as being x days after the end of the season so yeah I agree it could get messy.  I still think he'll be sold for a wad to appease both sides.

On a side note, Messi he's fantastic- him or Ronaldo, we all know top 2 in whatever order.

Cannot help but think he's a bit of a spoiled brat however. He's always making demands of Barcelona, some of which are unrealistic for a start. Could be paper talk some of it, but a bit of a spoiled brat.

Interesting line on it.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On a side note, Messi he's fantastic- him or Ronaldo, we all know top 2 in whatever order.

Cannot help but think he's a bit of a spoiled brat however. He's always making demands of Barcelona, some of which are unrealistic for a start. Could be paper talk some of it, but a bit of a spoiled brat.

Interesting line on it.

AS

Their source was Andy Stockhausen?

50 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I think the options are:

Juventus (just give us one season of Messi and Ronaldo!)

PSG (All the money, but not sure he'd see that league as a challenge)

Man City (Money, big league)

Any other ideas?

Won’t be Juventus they are struggling financially. They have offered Ronaldo to clubs apparently. 

Would be PSG, Man City or Man United. Other than that he would be going to a weird league somewhere. Maybe Chelsea could afford too? 

10 hours ago, Taz said:

Ploy for more money, or to get rid of the president of the club.

Sure I read something earlier saying if a change in the presidency happens, he'd probably stay.

It would be interesting to see how he would fair in the Premier League, because he wouldn't have as much time on the ball, and he's more likely to get lumps kicked out of him. Be a hell of a lot more physical over here!!

You don’t think Spanish defenders have tried to kick lumps out of him for the last 15 years then!!!!!. He is used to it, and deals with it, he gets kicked, gets up and gets on with it. 

Take David Silva, did he struggle in the Premier league,  ?, Messi is a class above him, so what makes anyone think Messi would, it’s comical.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

So he's sent a fax to Barcelona saying he wants to leave 

Is it just his way of trying to force out the most unpopular Barcelona president ever, or does he really want to go? 

Interesting that his release clause is €700m, but Messi is able to walk away for free at the end of any season. 

Wait for the legal ranglings on whether now is the actual end of the season or not? 

Apart from Manchester City and PSG can anyone else afford him? 

Messi wants the president out and to pick the team. He'll stay at Barca, I dont believe for one second that he actually wants out. Messi and his 'privileges'

9 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Messi wants the president out and to pick the team. He'll stay at Barca, I dont believe for one second that he actually wants out. Messi and his 'privileges'

The fans and the players want the president out. 
This ‘privilege’ thing is spin from the clubs president/hierarchy.

No journalist itk has had a bad word to say about Messi over the last 15 years, no team mate has either.

Why do people fall for this privilege crap, he’s been the best player in the World for 15 years, he could of gone anywhere he wanted and have whatever he wanted anywhere else.

He is a genius with a football, people just need to sit back and enjoy it while they can. Once he’s gone the football world will be massively poorer.

2 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

I think the options are:

Juventus (just give us one season of Messi and Ronaldo!)

PSG (All the money, but not sure he'd see that league as a challenge)

Man City (Money, big league)

Any other ideas?

Real Madrid...

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting line on it.

Did he refuse to pull him off at half time?

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

You don’t think Spanish defenders have tried to kick lumps out of him for the last 15 years then!!!!!. He is used to it, and deals with it, he gets kicked, gets up and gets on with it. 

Take David Silva, did he struggle in the Premier league,  ?, Messi is a class above him, so what makes anyone think Messi would, it’s comical.

Exactly. If he comes to the Prem he'd instantly be the best player in the league by quite a distance. He and Ronaldo are a level above even the likes of KDB in my opinion.

Archived