IGNORED

Messi hands in transfer request

REDOXO

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your own responses to me from the start warranted the tone I have used back.

If you don't like that I have had to talk down to you then don't claim I have made assertions that I haven't done or leap to ridiculous nonsense like suggesting I thought of Messi as evil when that wasn't even implied in the vaguest sense.

So let's try again.

Why is Messi so clearly not about money when he has previously been convicted of tax evasion and also got history of posturing in a similar manner to this most recent occasion to get a better contract?

Posturing? I think you need to do some homework on why it all ended up like it did.

Frankly, I can’t be bothered with your tone. Just leave it.

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your own responses to me from the start warranted the tone I have used back.

If you don't like that I have had to talk down to you then don't claim I have made assertions that I haven't done or leap to ridiculous nonsense like suggesting I thought of Messi as evil when that wasn't even implied in the vaguest sense.

So let's try again.

Why is Messi so clearly not about money when he has previously been convicted of tax evasion and also got history of posturing in a similar manner to this most recent occasion to get a better contract?

Bore off. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Posturing? I think you need to do some homework on why it all ended up like it did.

Frankly, I can’t be bothered with your tone. Just leave it.

I tried to start again with a nicer tone, even after you had tried to twist previous things I had said into something completely different, ""of course it's not about money" sarcastically, changed to "he's obviously really really evil" (yes, also sarcastically). 

If you are going to complain about my tone then I suggest you check your own as well, and try being less dishonest with what other people have typed.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I tried to start again with a nicer tone, even after you had tried to twist previous things I had said into something completely different, ""of course it's not about money" sarcastically, changed to "he's obviously really really evil" (yes, also sarcastically). 

If you are going to complain about my tone then I suggest you check your own as well, and try being less dishonest with what other people have typed.

What is it with you and your patronising I know better than you posts. 

Your like it all the time, not just in your self indulgent spat with me. 

This isn’t some kind of points scoring competition.

The reason I posted a sarcastic reply, was simply because you seem to believe you are correct in everything you post, and there just doesn’t seem any point in me posting my point of view, simply because you don’t really want to hear the other viewpoint. 

I know it may seem strange, but my opinion on Messi is entirely different from yours, live with it. 

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

What is it with you and your patronising I know better than you posts. 

Your like it all the time, not just in your self indulgent spat with me. 

This isn’t some kind of points scoring competition.

The reason I posted a sarcastic reply, was simply because you seem to believe you are correct in everything you post, and there just doesn’t seem any point in me posting my point of view, simply because you don’t really want to hear the other viewpoint. 

I know it may seem strange, but my opinion on Messi is entirely different from yours, live with it. 

I haven't tried to point score at any point, nor am I like it "all the time" as I've dramatically reduced how much I post and this is the only "spat" of any kind I have had in a long while.

I wasn't trying to have an argument, I simply expressed doubt that there was no money based motivation, something you appear to have taken completely the wrong way based off of your perception of me from the past, and I fully accept that I have been an argumentative person before.

I do not believe I am correct about everything and people can change my mind if they make a persuasive point or provide evidence. 

I also have not had any issue with you holding a different opinion about Messi. I haven't expressed one on him myself other than the doubt about his motives, though you appear to have interpreted this as a personal affront though it was never any such thing.

I had tried to restart the conversation in a nicer tone, not the action of someone who doesn't want to hear a different opinion, but all you have done is rant in response.

However you clearly have made your mind up on this no matter what is said, so I will leave it at that and hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Edit to add- I wasn't taking issue with you using sarcasm either, I only put that it was sarcastic as an acknowledgement of the fact you used it, I did the same acknowledging the sarcasm I had used also.

16 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I haven't tried to point score at any point, nor am I like it "all the time" as I've dramatically reduced how much I post and this is the only "spat" of any kind I have had in a long while.

I wasn't trying to have an argument, I simply expressed doubt that there was no money based motivation, something you appear to have taken completely the wrong way based off of your perception of me from the past, and I fully accept that I have been an argumentative person before.

I do not believe I am correct about everything and people can change my mind if they make a persuasive point or provide evidence. 

I also have not had any issue with you holding a different opinion about Messi. I haven't expressed one on him myself other than the doubt about his motives, though you appear to have interpreted this as a personal affront though it was never any such thing.

I had tried to restart the conversation in a nicer tone, not the action of someone who doesn't want to hear a different opinion, but all you have done is rant in response.

However you clearly have made your mind up on this no matter what is said, so I will leave it at that and hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Edit to add- I wasn't taking issue with you using sarcasm either, I only put that it was sarcastic as an acknowledgement of the fact you used it, I did the same acknowledging the sarcasm I had used also.

No worries, we will leave it there. We both have different opinions. We don’t need to say anymore ?

Archived