IGNORED

Season Cards

stroud

49 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think it would be sensible for the club to contact SC holders to determine how many would want refunds. There are many fans who do not wish to go to matches as things are, and are vulnerable because of their age or health conditions. Once the club know the numbers they would be in a better position to manage the reduced seating arrangements proposed for Oct, or whenever reduced numbers of fans can return to watch the games.

I think it the club should also give those relinquishing their SCs first refusal to repurchase them when it is safe for everyone to return. If they don't repurchase within a given short time frame then of course they must accept losing their seat.

That's just common sense, now let's see what Jon Lansdown and Mark Ashton come up with, I doubt it will be this.?

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think it would be sensible for the club to contact SC holders to determine how many would want refunds. There are many fans who do not wish to go to matches as things are, and are vulnerable because of their age or health conditions. Once the club know the numbers they would be in a better position to manage the reduced seating arrangements proposed for Oct, or whenever reduced numbers of fans can return to watch the games.

I think it the club should also give those relinquishing their SCs first refusal to repurchase them when it is safe for everyone to return. If they don't repurchase within a given short time frame then of course they must accept losing their seat.

Just to play devil's advocate. 

Grounds are now starting to let people back in slowly. 

It's very likely the opportunity will arise that supporters will be able to be back in Ashton Gate before the end of the year. 

This will mean that it's safe to do so, so why should the club be offering refunds anymore? 

Nobody is medically vulnerable anymore so there will be no reason for people not to attend. 

I'd bet that the people talking about not returning are those who have not been out recently and experienced that there are measures in place to keep people safe 

Can’t see why the season cards wouldn’t be issued prior to the seasons start.

Anything less than doing so is an admission that the club can’t honour their ticket commitment and would then have to set up a refund policy & they need to avoid that at all costs.

We paid 1.5k upfront back before the deadline so expect to receive the SC’s before day one of the season.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Can’t see why the season cards wouldn’t be issued prior to the seasons start.

Anything less than doing so is an admission that the club can’t honour their ticket commitment and would then have to set up a refund policy & they need to avoid that at all costs.

We paid 1.5k upfront back before the deadline so expect to receive the SC’s before day one of the season.

@Red Alert

From the FAQs.

The dates will obviously slip though 

16. When will I receive my Season Card? If you are a renewing Season Card holder for 2020/21 and have not moved seat or changed age category, you will use your existing Season Card for next season and therefore will not be sent a new card. If you have changed seat, changed age category or are a new Season Card holder for 2020/21, you will be sent a new Season Card this summer.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Just to play devil's advocate. 

Grounds are now starting to let people back in slowly. 

It's very likely the opportunity will arise that supporters will be able to be back in Ashton Gate before the end of the year. 

This will mean that it's safe to do so, so why should the club be offering refunds anymore? 

Because by “the end of the year” about a third of the season will have gone by without the club meeting its contract to let SC holders in?

And it’s unlikely that all SC holders will be able to attend when fans are first let in.

Nobody is medically vulnerable anymore so there will be no reason for people not to attend. 

I’m not sure what this means. Do you think the virus will magically disappear once a decision is made to let football fans back in? Or that people with conditions that make them vulnerable to a respiratory disease will no longer be vulnerable? I don’t!

I'd bet that the people talking about not returning are those who have not been out recently and experienced that there are measures in place to keep people safe 

Depends what you mean by “been out”. I haven’t been to a pub or restaurant since lockdown was eased, but have been shopping regularly and have done a day’s voluntary work a week throughout the lockdown that takes me all over Bristol (and beyond). 

There are plenty of reports - including ones on this forum -suggesting that the ‘measures’ are not being universally enforced or respected.

As it happens, my reasons for not wanting to go to City games (and not wanting to go to pubs) has little to do with being worried about picking up the virus - I’m not especially vulnerable myself, but do have some contact with people who are. My main reason is that I don’t think the experience will be enjoyable (even if the quality of the football is better than of late). So until I can have what I paid for - being able to attend every match and sit in the seat I paid for - I’d rather take a refund. I suspect I’m far from unique.

29 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Thanks for your reply Chris.

I hadn’t been “out” since Half Man Half Biscuit and Fulham (h) until very recently because of Joe shielding.

We went to Wild Place - you might as well have said there was no pandemic because far too many were sneering at us in our masks, and failing to stay socially distant.  Staff enforcing it where they were situated, but on the bits of the Bear Boardwalk where there were no staff, it was a free for all.

We also went on holiday to Cornwall.  Holiday let on a farm so out of harm’s way.  Food deliveries, apart from two trips to the village shop which was very switched on.  One day on the beach in cloudy conditions because it was quiet....but otherwise the old sunset on an evening was as good as it got, because it was too busy for people to socially distance.

Its not all over, there are still people at risk....and I’d hate to catch it and pass it on to someone who is vulnerable (Joe included).

Current situation aside, I’m surprised some form of digital solution where a QR code via an app for your ST hasn’t been used yet

You can get one off “tickets” in mobile format, surely one for the entire season could be developed too

Then you just need your phone for everything on a match day - train/bus ticket, contactless beer payment in the pub and entrance to the game

8 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Current situation aside, I’m surprised some form of digital solution where a QR code via an app for your ST hasn’t been used yet

You can get one off “tickets” in mobile format, surely one for the entire season could be developed too

Then you just need your phone for everything on a match day - train/bus ticket, contactless beer payment in the pub and entrance to the game

This should've been introduced years ago TBF - the "turnstiles" already scan QR codes on print-at-home tickets (I am an ST holder for City & Bristol but have to get physical tickets for eg seat swaps etc) so I can see no reason why the City app, which already boasts an Augmented Reality function, cannot have this delivery method for season tickets and matchday tickets too. It genuinely can't be that hard to do. 

58 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This should've been introduced years ago TBF - the "turnstiles" already scan QR codes on print-at-home tickets (I am an ST holder for City & Bristol but have to get physical tickets for eg seat swaps etc) so I can see no reason why the City app, which already boasts an Augmented Reality function, cannot have this delivery method for season tickets and matchday tickets too. It genuinely can't be that hard to do. 

We are talking Bristol City here Reg, get a grip ?

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Possibly because it introduces a third method of entry into the mix alongside paper ticket and season card.  The more you have the more that can go wrong.  And lets be honest, the signal around the ground is flaky at times, so getting into your tickets if you haven't downloaded them introduces issues.

You can't introduce this method instead of other methods due to not everyone having smartphones, or even phones at all.

10 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Unless youve got such an old phone like mine that it wont load lots of Apps ......or you lose / drop your phone on the way to the ground

47 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Possibly because it introduces a third method of entry into the mix alongside paper ticket and season card.  The more you have the more that can go wrong.  And lets be honest, the signal around the ground is flaky at times, so getting into your tickets if you haven't downloaded them introduces issues.

You can't introduce this method instead of other methods due to not everyone having smartphones, or even phones at all.

30 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Unless youve got such an old phone like mine that it wont load lots of Apps ......or you lose / drop your phone on the way to the ground

I'm not advocating replacing paper tickets/season cards with the tech available, but it's certainly a no brainer for me as an additional (and green) option for those with compatible devices. 

21 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think it would be sensible for the club to contact SC holders to determine how many would want refunds.... Once the club know the numbers they would be in a better position to manage the reduced seating arrangements

That information would be used firstly to determine the scale of budget slashing, long before worrying about seating plans.

Cheap managerial appointments / players out of contract not renewed / no new multi million pound signings .... all of this is directly linked to lost income, or worse, refunds demanded on cash already spent. 

EFL football is not in a good place.

18 hours ago, lager loud said:

Because by “the end of the year” about a third of the season will have gone by without the club meeting its contract to let SC holders in?

And it’s unlikely that all SC holders will be able to attend when fans are first let in.

Or that people with conditions that make them vulnerable to a respiratory disease will no longer be vulnerable?

So until I can have what I paid for - being able to attend every match and sit in the seat I paid for

Difficult to quote your post after the way you replied, but I'll highlight a few lines if I may

At the moment it is planned for people to be let back into the ground at the start of October, which will mean roughly 2/3 games being missed by everyone , (that's hardly a third of the season), as above the rugby have said they are capping season cards at 7,000. I'm guessing the football was about circa 12,000 sold this summer, so it would look like people will get to go to 2 in every 3 games on a rota'd basis

My point about conditions is that since the 1st August there is no "at risk" group that have to be specifically isolated anymore and there are no "respiratory conditions" that need to be treated any differently

Have you thought that you may actually get a better quality seat from having to temporarily move? I bet you wouldn't be so quick to offer the club extra money for a better seat? 

Working around the medical sector I find it VERY frustrating that there are so many people that seem to not listen to what is being reported around them and are not listening to the facts.

It is the constant misunderstanding that makes talk about people venturing back to grounds worse, when it won't be a problem like people believe it will be.

If people are choosing not to return even though it is safe for them to do so, I see no reason why the club should be refunding anything

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Difficult to quote your post after the way you replied, but I'll highlight a few lines if I may

At the moment it is planned for people to be let back into the ground at the start of October, which will mean roughly 2/3 games being missed by everyone , (that's hardly a third of the season), as above the rugby have said they are capping season cards at 7,000. I'm guessing the football was about circa 12,000 sold this summer, so it would look like people will get to go to 2 in every 3 games on a rota'd basis

My point about conditions is that since the 1st August there is no "at risk" group that have to be specifically isolated anymore and there are no "respiratory conditions" that need to be treated any differently

Have you thought that you may actually get a better quality seat from having to temporarily move? I bet you wouldn't be so quick to offer the club extra money for a better seat? 

Working around the medical sector I find it VERY frustrating that there are so many people that seem to not listen to what is being reported around them and are not listening to the facts.

It is the constant misunderstanding that makes talk about people venturing back to grounds worse, when it won't be a problem like people believe it will be.

If people are choosing not to return even though it is safe for them to do so, I see no reason why the club should be refunding anything

But you didn’t quote the beginning of October: you said “by the end of the year”.

I haven’t bought a ticket entitling me to go to about 2 out of three games, with someone else deciding which ones I can go to.

Sitting in a nicer seat won’t, in itself, make the experience a better one for me. If I’m not sitting with my normal companions (all of whom come from different households) then I’m not getting the experience I paid for.

There’s a big difference between “no-one needs to shield” and “no-one is vulnerable”.

I have listened to the facts. My reasons for not being interested in going to games for the time being is that I won’t get the experience I paid for. Like it or not, if the club can’t give me what I’ve paid for, I should get a refund. Whether they can argue that it’s safe (enough) for me to attend is not the point.

How safe it is, is questionable anyway, partly because I wouldn’t trust this government to make any decision competently; and partly because I wouldn’t trust other fans to follow the steps needed to make it safe. If it were perfectly safe no special measures would be needed. So whilst safety isn’t my primary concern, I can understand why others might decide not to go based on that. If they were being offered all the benefits of the SC they’ve paid for you might argue that’s their choice. But if they’re not getting what they paid for, their reasons for wanting a refund are neither here nor there.

Are you annoyed that I’m choosing not to go to pubs, too? Should I be forced to do that because someone has decided it’s safe to do?

5 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Does anyone know how many season cards have been sold ? People keep mentioning 12000 but that was last season. Can't imagine we've sold anywhere near that amount this time around.

Weren’t season cards on sale pre-covid, there vast majority of 13-14k will have been renewed?

Archived