IGNORED

Sam Stanton leaves the club

martnewts

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Antoine said in his interview that Pompey were long ball.  From my own viewing I thought that was incorrect.  Sunday proved that they aren’t long ball.

The analysis that these guys did has been consumed into the team of analysts in Recruitment.  Some similar skill sets, but not a direct match.

Are you suggesting someone else told AS to say that then?

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Why so ?

Is it the same reason as to why Covid is nothing more than a worldwide inter-governmental conspiracy to “re-set” everything, why hospitals are actually empty and that the covid vaccinations are really a subterfuge to enable government to inject us all with tracking devices. :whistle:

42 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Are you suggesting someone else told AS to say that then?

The worrying thing is you only have to have watched Pompey twice this season to know they aren't a long ball outfit. Even more worrying is that it seems that everyone just sat there like nodding dogs and took it as read rather than saying "hang on a minute............."!! Surely players like Tommy Rowe must know at least a couple of lads down there and be thinking to themselves "this guy is talking absolute shit".

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The worrying thing is you only have to have watched Pompey twice this season to know they aren't a long ball outfit. Even more worrying is that it seems that everyone just sat there like nodding dogs and took it as read rather than saying "hang on a minute............."!! Surely players like Tommy Rowe must know at least a couple of lads down there and be thinking to themselves "this guy is talking absolute shit".

I thought Kenny Jackett’s response was interesting too....he must’ve been laughing his head off, thinking, they’ve not done their due diligence here.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Is it the same reason as to why Covid is nothing more than a worldwide inter-governmental conspiracy to “re-set” everything, why hospitals are actually empty and that the covid vaccinations are really a subterfuge to enable government to inject us all with tracking devices. :whistle:

That's what I thought

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Antoine said in his interview that Pompey were long ball.  From my own viewing I thought that was incorrect.  Sunday proved that they aren’t long ball.

The analysis that these guys did has been consumed into the team of analysts in Recruitment.  Some similar skill sets, but not a direct match.

I was mocking the otib conspiracy theories, I'm sure something sensible like your answer is much more likely.

51 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why do we need to have an opposition scout to report on a team that the newly returned Cameron Pring played for 15 times? Surely someone just asks him!

3 hours ago, Red Skin said:

That's concerning.  Southampton are a club we should be emulating.   If they value someone we have moved on, it suggests to me we have messed up. 

The kind of changes we have seen in backroom staff in recent years has been mystifying.  Especially on the medical side where you wonder what the real motivation for change is.

They are in a number of respects a club we should be emulating but not financially in recent times (even factoring in Covid).

I digress, they tick a lot of boxes, if he's good enough for them I wonder why not here.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Kenny Jackett’s response was interesting too....he must’ve been laughing his head off, thinking, they’ve not done their due diligence here.

Surely that's the point. You make a statement to bluff or double bluff your opponent. Just the same as stating that a certain player is or isn't fit. Or you're calling this player into the squad, which indicates that you'll play a 5-3-2. It's all bullshit and used many times against us by teams in a cup match that are in a division above us.  The opposition then have to cover every eventuality, rather than focusing on specifics.

I've noticed that since "Deano" has been in charge, we seem to have got a little more savvy in the darker arts. Even to the point of a game postponed by a possible covid outbreak and no possible way of testing. Not saying that actually happened but how can it be proven otherwise? Just like the worker who phones in and says he has a cough and loss of taste, when he fancies a few days off.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

Surely that's the point. You make a statement to bluff or double bluff your opponent. Just the same as stating that a certain player is or isn't fit. Or you're calling this player into the squad, which indicates that you'll play a 5-3-2. It's all bullshit and used many times against us by teams in a cup match that are in a division above us.  The opposition then have to cover every eventuality, rather than focusing on specifics.

I've noticed that since "Deano" has been in charge, we seem to have got a little more savvy in the darker arts. Even to the point of a game postponed by a possible covid outbreak and no possible way of testing. Not saying that actually happened but how can it be proven otherwise? Just like the worker who phones in and says he has a cough and loss of taste, when he fancies a few days off.

Still under investigation according to most recent reports- including by EFL Medical experts, I'd suggest the EFL are pretty suspicious about this one- at least if that report last week was anything to go by.

Checked out the author, he's a bonafide journo. Our one sounds interesting- not in terms of sloppy behaviour- see Grimsby- more in the case of accusations of deceit. They have also beefed up their powers of Investigation in recent times, so will be interesting to see where it goes.

Whether it's provable is a different debate bit I suspect they are suspicious.

7 hours ago, tommy_b said:

Why do we need to have an opposition scout to report on a team that the newly returned Cameron Pring played for 15 times? Surely someone just asks him!

You can’t go round doing things like that!! What would the analysts do? But it does beg the question of was Pring in the briefing and did he pipe up and say “chatting shit mate”??

Archived