IGNORED

Wycombe Looking Strong

Berkshire Red

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Gunna be some front 2 option that, if somehow Akinfenwa manages to get another year at the club.

i thought that he had already signed?

I know they had offered him another year

Sky will want him around he will be their fixation for the next 12 months

Neil Ardley released Akinfenwa from Wimbledon just after he scored in the play-off final which took us up to L1. Ardley's reason was that he was going to be too slow for the league into which he'd helped get us promoted.  That was four years ago.

This year Ardley will again be managing Notts County in the National League whilst Akinfenwa, now 38, will be crashing slowly into Championship defences. And bringing irrepressible postitive energy to the Wycombe dressing room... which they're really going to need this year.

4 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

Looks like Wycombe have signed Uche Ikpeazu from Hearts.

Gunna be some front 2 option that, if somehow Akinfenwa manages to get another year at the club.

Looks like Wycombe are going full beast mode ?

Guy looks like he has as much balance as Baz Savage... 

Watched them in the playoff final, reminded me of when we used to play the gas under Francis.

They looked like a pub team, in contrast to them Oxford looked like Bayern Munich.

I’m sure their anti football will get a few points & their time wasting, gamesmanship & the fact that the ball is rarely in play (or on the floor) in their games will keep the score down in others, but they are nailed on to go straight back down.

• Admin
Just now, GrahamC said:

Watched them in the playoff final.

They looked like a pub team, in contrast to them Oxford looked like Bayern Munich.

I’m sure their anti football will get a few points & their time wasting, gamesmanship & the fact that the ball is rarely in play (or on the floor) in their games will keep the score down in others, but they are nailed on to go straight back down.

It's like a Wimbledon team of old

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's like a Wimbledon team of old

Who did get promotion to the Premiership.

Bit of a myth that Wimbledon were just about hoofball and thuggery.  There was a lot more to the games of Wise, Sanchez, Fashanu etc than that.

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be honest, even if they go straight back down, it is an immensely impressive achievement for Wycombe to have reached this level for the first time. If they can use it as a platform to grow the club - i.e. not do what Yeovil did a few years back - it could give them a great base to build from in the future.

High Wycombe's more than double the size of Yeovil and a much wealthier area. There is no reason why the club shouldn't thrive.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Who did get promotion to the Premiership.

Bit of a myth that Wimbledon were just about hoofball and thuggery.  There was a lot more to the games of Wise, Sanchez, Fashanu etc than that.

Was that before or after Fashanu broke Gary Mabbutt’s eyesocket with his elbow?

I live in Buckinghamshire and work in mental health and Wycombe football club are great to be honest. They often let us use their facilities for free for training/presentations etc.

Gareth Ainsworth and Akinfenwa lovely blokes from what I hear. Akinfenwa recently gave a very generous donation to the NHS. 

Their fans all seem decent as well and they also hate Rovers which is another plus. 

Hope they do well this season to be honest obviously just not when we play them!  

46 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

I think Wycombe will surprise many people. They literally have nothing to lose. They will enjoy every minute that's played and that can spell danger for every other team. They won't stop running, chasing, battling, working. Wycombe fans are going to love it. I'm a little jealous.

Like Yeovil.

If Wycombe stay up this season, they will have had a good season.

Akinfenwa will get a few goals, even Bas Savage scored a couple during his "career", but I don't see them finishing much above 18th if I'm honest - and that's being generous.

Mind you stranger things have happened, and if teams go into matches with them thinking they are already on the verge of 3 points, then they may get a bit of a shock...

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

It took me ages to walk from the station to adams park.

Yep - it's a trek alright. It was much better the following few seasons when we got a booozy minibus straight to the White Horse :whistle2:

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Just remembered, the pub near wycombes ground, where there are some excellent performers.

I wonder if thats still open, one year, they came on stage in city tops i heard in the away end..

Bet they made a mint!

Anybody know if its still open?

http://www.babewatchwycombe.com/

2 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I’d quite like to go to Wycombe’s stadium tbh, nice part of the country that sort of stretch of motorway is easy to get to as well 

You've obviously not been to Wycombe before. That is not why people like going to Wycombe away..! 

18 hours ago, fatchers said:

When Wycombe play their first game in the Championship it will be one more than the gash have ever played in the Championship. 

No it won't. 

Unless you literally mean since its been called the championship, in which case that's fairly irrelivent. 

• Admin

The big problems with Wycombe

There's literally only one road to the ground and takes an age getting away after the game

It always seems to rain when we are there and everything floods around the ground - gets extra wet at the local pub

Archived