IGNORED

Sound of the City - callers

B-Rizzle

Just catching up with Sound of the City. Why does Geoff persist with the same contributors on the call in all the time?

The debates on sound of the city aren’t great and I find much better quality, logical and reasoned debate on OSIB and BS3 talk.

Should our local radio station be doing better on this front particularly when they get high level guests from the club?

Just don’t think John from Kingswood (or whatever his name was) etc should   be given the air time when he doesn’t have particularly well reasoned arguments and chatted a load of rubbish as well. Frustrating and a bit embarrassing that he and others are selected to represent our fan base.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Could be that there’s a shortage of callers?

I don’t know about Sound of the City, but I know they would phone people they already knew at the end of games for feedback. Made me wonder whether it was worth ringing up, if they had already decided who was going to get on.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Could be that there’s a shortage of callers?

That’s the case for the post-match stuff....not sure about SOTC.  SOTC is usually at its best with 3 guests “in the studio” rather than callers imho.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I don’t know about Sound of the City, but I know they would phone people they already knew at the end of games for feedback. Made me wonder whether it was worth ringing up, if they had already decided who was going to get on.

I think they’d love new callers.  They ask certain people to call up, in case they don’t get any.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That’s the case for the post-match stuff....not sure about SOTC.  SOTC is usually at its best with 3 guests “in the studio” rather than callers imho.

Please ignore my ignorance but is this radio bristol or something else , appreciate what SOTC is. You all may laugh but please appreciate I’m a million miles away 

I misread the title who remembers this classic?

Going back to BBC Radio Bristol phone in it's the same on BBC Wilts where you get 2/3 of the same callers ringing in who get lots of air time. Also don't forget callers are checked out befor they go live as they don't want any nutters embarrassing them live on air even though there is a slight delay 

24 minutes ago, City oz said:

Please ignore my ignorance but is this radio bristol or something else , appreciate what SOTC is. You all may laugh but please appreciate I’m a million miles away 

Yes, as well as Geoff’s match day radio programme, he hosts a Monday night 6pm (UK) programme for an hour all about City.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, @City oz, not sure if you can use bbc sounds app in WA, but you can listen via catchup.  I used to listen the following morning on drive to work.

Accessing some BBC content can be a problem I recall my son telling me. As are the highlights on the club website I think. Not that he's been that bothered since he came home for Christmas and suffered by attending 3 home games ?.

I tweeted GT a few times over the years and sent a couple of emails. I received a very nice email from GT asking if I would be a regular contributor, maybe 2 years ago.

After games, its probably best I don't give my opinions to the masses, let's put it that way so I respectfully declined as political correctness isn't my strong point, particularly after yet another LJ shit storm performance.

On 19/08/2020 at 11:32, B-Rizzle said:

Just catching up with Sound of the City. Why does Geoff persist with the same contributors on the call in all the time?

The debates on sound of the city aren’t great and I find much better quality, logical and reasoned debate on OSIB and BS3 talk.

Should our local radio station be doing better on this front particularly when they get high level guests from the club?

Just don’t think John from Kingswood (or whatever his name was) etc should   be given the air time when he doesn’t have particularly well reasoned arguments and chatted a load of rubbish as well. Frustrating and a bit embarrassing that he and others are selected to represent our fan base.

It's because they pick up the phone , and call the program.  If you want to change the different callers,  then call up. 

On 20/08/2020 at 07:13, Oh Louie louie said:

Id like to ring in and ask geoff, hey geoff, why are five star so bleep bleep bleep.

Best phone in call that was ever!

Some young fella rang that Richard & Judy prog (in the 90s). It was a sex problems call in, and he was a bit bemused that his "girlfriend wouldn't take it up the Gary Glitter".

Richard Madeley was confused, but Judy Finnigan had a knowing look.

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Forever Bristol City Podcast is pretty much SOTC mk2 with I'm pretty sure includes the same two callers. Don't mind it, like I said before, a nice break from reading the forum. All that needs to happen now is for @Davefevs to appear on SOTC/RB post match hahaa!!

It does remind me of the RB John Turner phone in with all the extraneous noise ☺️

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Forever Bristol City Podcast is pretty much SOTC mk2 with I'm pretty sure includes the same two callers. Don't mind it, like I said before, a nice break from reading the forum. All that needs to happen now is for @Davefevs to appear on SOTC/RB post match hahaa!!

43 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It does remind me of the RB John Turner phone in with all the extraneous noise ☺️

We are back on tomorrow at midday.  Give it a listen, you can use the chat/type function to give us feedback or any questions.

I think it’s just @headhunter, Ian and myself tomorrow.  So no angle grinding, cats or phones to distract.

Archived