IGNORED

premier league fixtures

Never to the dark side

• The title was changed to premier fixtures to be released on THURSDAY

I do wonder whether clubs and police will have a say in early fixtures before fans come back. For Leeds for example I’m sure West Yorkshire police will want Leeds v Man Utd in an empty stadium, @JulieHhave these type of discussions happened around certain games of ours?

Whilst I’m sure city will want clubs like Rotherham at home with no fans and games that will attract bigger attendances  later in the season when fans are more likely to return ? 

On 20/08/2020 at 08:56, daored said:

I do wonder whether clubs and police will have a say in early fixtures before fans come back. For Leeds for example I’m sure West Yorkshire police will want Leeds v Man Utd in an empty stadium, @JulieHhave these type of discussions happened around certain games of ours?

Whilst I’m sure city will want clubs like Rotherham at home with no fans and games that will attract bigger attendances  later in the season when fans are more likely to return ? 

Sorry for the late reply.

no we have no say in the date we play opposition teams. 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

So the old "police won't allow that game to happen then" line is a complete myth then?

So when would the police get involved with regards to fixtures? What about for example during a normal season around the balloon fiesta? We're usually away on that weekend, is something like that requested by the police, or does it come down to a club request? Is it just a luck of the computer algorithm?

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Taz said:

So the old "police won't allow that game to happen then" line is a complete myth then?

So when would the police get involved with regards to fixtures? What about for example during a normal season around the balloon fiesta? We're usually away on that weekend, is something like that requested by the police, or does it come down to a club request? Is it just a luck of the computer algorithm?

These are club requests.

Every club can submit a number of preferred dates to be away or at home

6 hours ago, JulieH said:

Just thought with no crowds for a while many police forces would prefer more ‘higher profile’ fixtures played being closed doors 

• The title was changed to premier league fixtures

Archived