IGNORED

Cash flow - your help is required

PFree

So, after a prolonged period of non-communication, and following the club appointing a coaching team that few of us wanted - us ‘customers’ were largely ignored.

Now though, as the clubs cash flow is poor due to the impact of the pandemic, it very much needs its ‘FANS’ help. According to JL, it will shortly appeal to all ST holders NOT to request refunds, basically due to reduced crowd numbers, to allow the club to keep the money toward future season tickets etc.

As opposed to a refund, and in support of the clubs needs, I recently opted to take Robins TV recently but, I have to say that after recent events I have no interest in watching City on TV, playing in a sterile stadium with no atmosphere. I hope our form is good, however, the scar of recent events is still far too deep.

You might say support the club through thick and thin etc., (as I have done as a ST holder for the last 30 years or so) but, I am sorry to say my love for what was our club has gradually died since the day SC left. I sincerely hope it returns but when I witness how our club is run and how we as ‘fans’ are lied to and only seem to matter when it suits, sorry, but no thank you.

If we are offered free viewing per season ticket that means I can get a refund on everyone else in my house and just agree the Tele package for me? 

Surely it makes no sense to have four Tele passes. Take one and get three refunds until we return to AG.

Or have I got that wrong?

I’m just incredibly bored with it at the moment. We were promised a mega super Exciting appointment by SL and we got Holden, it was a real opportunity to bring the buzz back. There’s been nothing since to attract my attention. 

I hope something happens soon. 

SL has consistently invested to make the club a success. We have a top class new stadium and will soon have a high quality training facility,both will play their part in attracting talented players to the club. Some players have been sold but we have also reinvested in the likes of Bentley, Kalas, Palmer & Wells. We have some exciting young talent coming through in Morrell, Moore, Walsh and Vyner and a new management team. Holden leading but when Henry Winter says its a coup for the club to get the two assistants brought in I tend to think that's an opinion to be respected. For me plenty of cause to be optimistic as a new season starts and lots to look forward to. But each to his own.

I wonder if they'll do as awful a job of this as they did last time burying option four in the fine print. I'll likely be getting a refund because of that and I think people would be well advised to do the same, and then make a separate choice about whether they buy a TV package. Keeps them honest and applies pressure to make sure the service runs properly.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, megansdad said:

SL has consistently invested to make the club a success. We have a top class new stadium and will soon have a high quality training facility,both will play their part in attracting talented players to the club. Some players have been sold but we have also reinvested in the likes of Bentley, Kalas, Palmer & Wells. We have some exciting young talent coming through in Morrell, Moore, Walsh and Vyner and a new management team. Holden leading but when Henry Winter says its a coup for the club to get the two assistants brought in I tend to think that's an opinion to be respected. For me plenty of cause to be optimistic as a new season starts and lots to look forward to. But each to his own.

I don't think anyone would disagree essentially with your point but this mess originated with SLs interview on Talksport then subsequent statements about numbers of applicants and types of quality applying. 

Then five weeks later to announce someone who was under their noses all along. 

Obviously like for like amounts are miles apart but both the rugby and football clubs have to operate within financial constraints but % wise the investment and quality of player brought in for the rugby is how SL bigged up the football club, yet we've gone full circle with ambition yet again. 

So when someone asks the supporters to back the club I can see swathes of people turning their back this time. 

Partly due to being made redundant and partly because I ended up paying way over the £10 Robins TV charges per game , will have my name on a shirt though, probably. I will take the refund. 

They will have to do something very tempting to change my mind.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If they think people are going to be happy with Robins TV for £350-500 they’re about to be in for a big shock :laugh:

That's the thing it was £80 odd last time, very very much different to a full seasons cost, I wonder how many would take up a Robins TV subscription for all games and a half refund. Wonder if you'd potentially keep more money overall that way (as opposed to full refund/keep all) and fans get a stream if they want it.

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m just incredibly bored with it at the moment. We were promised a mega super Exciting appointment by SL and we got Holden, it was a real opportunity to bring the buzz back. There’s been nothing since to attract my attention. 

I hope something happens soon. 

Even the daily training video updates have started to drop off.  Several minutes last week, 50 seconds yesterday.  Unless there is someone at the training ground (or someone not there) they don’t want us to see.

I get that they are all busy, but there’s content that would keep the fan base going.

Just now, Lrrr said:

That's the thing it was £80 odd last time, very very much different to a full seasons cost, I wonder how many would take up a Robins TV subscription for all games and a half refund. Wonder if you'd potentially keep more money overall that way (as opposed to full refund/keep all) and fans get a stream if they want it.

There is no commitment that ifollow/Robinstv will cover away games yet either as it stands!  23 v 46 games (or equivalent for missed matches) may sway a lot of people.

I don’t think it was outright lies, as discussed on many other threads the aspiration of the board was to appoint a big name to take us forward but sometime during the process a reality check kicked in (hence today’s request by JL to not request refunds) and the budgets the club was able to offer the candidates was nowhere near what they would all have normally expected and be given. 

At the end of the process they had no one willing to take the club ‘forward’ with the new post COVID budget except for Dean who obviously jumped at the chance. 

I suspect many other clubs are also going through the same reality check?

Best of luck to Dean and then team, I’ll be there as much as I can to support the club. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

There is no commitment that ifollow/Robinstv will cover away games yet either as it stands!  23 v 46 games (or equivalent for missed matches) may sway a lot of people.

Might just be cheaper to try upgrading wyscout to unlimited footage for the championship :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Even the daily training video updates have started to drop off.  Several minutes last week, 50 seconds yesterday.  Unless there is someone at the training ground (or someone not there) they don’t want us to see.

I get that they are all busy, but there’s content that would keep the fan base going.

They could cut out video of an individual, weather has been pretty horrid last few days/week so not surprised really on that front

Lets see have honest, transparent, and customer friendly offer is this time.

Take the pitiful begging out of it (your business is paying its top talent more in a week than I make in a year);

Make a refund a push button option;

Don't try and make taking Robins TV apply to the most expensive season ticket bought in a household - in fact make it a level playing field and charge a flat rate - maybe base it on a south stand adult season card price, with a reduction if there are only oaps are in the household;

My best guess is that I'll be offered 'free' Robins TV and a seat every x games from some unknown date;

1 hour ago, PFree said:

So, after a prolonged period of non-communication, and following the club appointing a coaching team that few of us wanted - us ‘customers’ were largely ignored.

Now though, as the clubs cash flow is poor due to the impact of the pandemic, it very much needs its ‘FANS’ help. According to JL, it will shortly appeal to all ST holders NOT to request refunds, basically due to reduced crowd numbers, to allow the club to keep the money toward future season tickets etc.

As opposed to a refund, and in support of the clubs needs, I recently opted to take Robins TV recently but, I have to say that after recent events I have no interest in watching City on TV, playing in a sterile stadium with no atmosphere. I hope our form is good, however, the scar of recent events is still far too deep.

You might say support the club through thick and thin etc., (as I have done as a ST holder for the last 30 years or so) but, I am sorry to say my love for what was our club has gradually died since the day SC left. I sincerely hope it returns but when I witness how our club is run and how we as ‘fans’ are lied to and only seem to matter when it suits, sorry, but no thank you.

:sad26:

I get the impression the club seem to think they are untouchable because we give the club our undying support.

But get the tone of voice wrong on this next communications for season tickets, tv access or refunds and I believe they will see a vast swathe of refunds this time round.

There is very little upside for fans in the current climate so the Club really need to win favour & come across better if they intend to aim for a high retention level.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't think anyone would disagree essentially with your point but this mess originated with SLs interview on Talksport then subsequent statements about numbers of applicants and types of quality applying. 

Then five weeks later to announce someone who was under their noses all along. 

Obviously like for like amounts are miles apart but both the rugby and football clubs have to operate within financial constraints but % wise the investment and quality of player brought in for the rugby is how SL bigged up the football club, yet we've gone full circle with ambition yet again. 

So when someone asks the supporters to back the club I can see swathes of people turning their back this time. 

Personally would rather they go through a process and then decide to DH plus his team (newly assembled) than simply offer him the job at the beginning. None of us know the ins and outs but given everything else I see I'll back SL to be doing what he feels is best for the club. In rugby Bristol are a top name and have always been so - its a far smaller budget sport and top names can be acquired within a relatively modest budget. Football is in a different continent financially and there is far more competition for talent. I see no change in ambition just a different path having been chosen.

5 weeks ago when the club were still looking for Season Ticket renewals SL came out and spoke on Talksport saying Breath of fresh air needs to come into the club blah blah blah i feel we have been conned again. Nothing against Holden at all but if they had gone out and got us a better experienced manager i might have let them keep my ST money but i will not be paying £500 + to watch BCTV so will be requesting a refund

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Happy to support the club, less happy if the TV option isn't the same price for everyone.

Reckon those in the cheap seats should only get to watch the game in black and white, the more expensive seats, colour. And those who shelled out for Lansdown central, get some fancy HD stream! ?

Anyone with a dolman seat will need to watch on an upstairs tv and slowly make their way downstairs about 10 minutes from time. Maybe with the dog blocking their way.

Archived