IGNORED

Cash flow - your help is required

PFree

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

‘Blindly’ in my book can certainly be used as, in spite of seeing the issues, you’ll still carry on accepting any treatment they dish out because ‘you can’t do anything about it’.

The club needs to be held accountable and questioned when needed, but you’ve made it clear that isn’t your view or desire.  That’s your choice, just as it is for others, who feel the need to ask why the club are so piss poor at respecting fans who’ve paid good money for next season’s ST and yet still don’t have a clue what’s going to happen.  

A simple email update would be very handy but we get absolutely nothing.  I don’t give a shit about the new kit, but we get loads about that.  It feels like they’ve had our ST money now, so let’s put those mugs at the back of the queue and concentrate on selling some shirts now

I really can’t see complaining about stuff like that makes you a member of ‘the mob’ though.

"Blindly" hardly describes someone who has open eyes and sees all that happens but interprets things through a mind that understands that he does not have all the information and therefore decides to have faith in those who actually know. Seems perfectly rational to me.

The club are held accountable and have regular meetings where the staff can be questioned and meet the directors/managers and staff.  The press regularly question these people on our behalf at the more than 50 press conferences that the club hold every year.  Whereas you "don't give a shit" about new kit, some people think this is very important and it cannot have escaped your attention that the club try very hard to please in this respect. 

I like the fact that kit, catering, viewlines, TV, and much else has improved at Ashton Gate and I look forward to the day when all the other buildings are in place and income is generated to help to take us to the next level.  Some have even grumbled about this and yearn for the old days.  As I said before, the mob do not care about facts, they care about fictions that blow up into something akin to mob hysteria.  When we didn't select some peoples choice to be our next manager, members of the mob threw toys out of the pram and announced that they would never bother going to watch City again. I know because I have been crossing swords with them on this forum.  That is a strange way to support your club.  Maybe these people could think back to the good old days and try to remember when they ever had the option to select players or staff.  Only in the realms of fantasy football can such things be done.  As a more sober member of the fan community, I choose to respect the decisions of the board rather than listen to mob hysteria. I always prefer truth and facts to fantasy.  Others clearly think differently and that is their choice. 

5 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

"Blindly" hardly describes someone who has open eyes and sees all that happens but interprets things through a mind that understands that he does not have all the information and therefore decides to have faith in those who actually know. Seems perfectly rational to me.

The club are held accountable and have regular meetings where the staff can be questioned and meet the directors/managers and staff.  The press regularly question these people on our behalf at the more than 50 press conferences that the club hold every year.  Whereas you "don't give a shit" about new kit, some people think this is very important and it cannot have escaped your attention that the club try very hard to please in this respect. 

I like the fact that kit, catering, viewlines, TV, and much else has improved at Ashton Gate and I look forward to the day when all the other buildings are in place and income is generated to help to take us to the next level.  Some have even grumbled about this and yearn for the old days.  As I said before, the mob do not care about facts, they care about fictions that blow up into something akin to mob hysteria.  When we didn't select some peoples choice to be our next manager, members of the mob threw toys out of the pram and announced that they would never bother going to watch City again. I know because I have been crossing swords with them on this forum.  That is a strange way to support your club.  Maybe these people could think back to the good old days and try to remember when they ever had the option to select players or staff.  Only in the realms of fantasy football can such things be done.  As a more sober member of the fan community, I choose to respect the decisions of the board rather than listen to mob hysteria. I always prefer truth and facts to fantasy.  Others clearly think differently and that is their choice. 

I won’t be getting back on all those points we are clearly discussion totally different issues, as I certainly haven’t been aware of any fan on here who thinks they should be picking the team!

You certainly make a very careful swerve around my main point, which is what is happening with this year’s season tickets.  

As you like to point out, there are a lot of decisions the club make that we aren’t party to, but when the subject is them hanging on to our money and giving us no indication what it will actually buy us, then we’ve got every right to object.

Before you point out the uncertainty of covid, let me just point out that City were virtually the last club in the Championship to announce last season’s arrangements and they also put the refund option in the small print at the end of the announcement.

Anyway, best draw a line under this, as you are clearly a very happy chappy on this subject and you will no doubt have realised, I am definitely not!

No amount of discussion between us will change that, so we may as well save this most valuable time in our later years in a far more rewarding activity than arguing the toss over something we’ll never agree on.

Archived