IGNORED

Sammie Szmodics - Signs for Peterborough

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Seems like a wasted signing, but I'm looking at this in the view that we have improved our squad and after selling Szmodics we should breakeven (fee's paid). 

Joe Williams - £1.25m

Chris Martin - Free

Alfie Mawson - Loan 

Steven Sessegnon - Loan

Chris Brunt - Free

Total - £1.25m (plus wages)

Out:

Szmodics - £1m+

A player who won't be used this year has covered our outgoing fees so far. 

Any other outgoings now will be money in the bank for January.

£5m in annual wages for that lot I would have thought plus loan fees

While I prefer Szmodics to Palmer (as I've stated before) we are overloaded in midfield and I don't see a role for either of them in the sort of team Holden is building. Szmodics is to be first out of the door as the more bankable asset right now but I think we should move KP on too, on loan if necessary. The problem with KP is that if he wants to play walking football we need interest from abroad, perhaps somewhere like Belgium which is of good standard but not high tempo. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Any rough guess on loan fee for Sessegnon?

Likely to be in the region of 300-500k for the season. Wouldn't exceed that amount as we are developing the player by offering game time. I can't guarantee the figure as I am not ITK, just an estimate based on age, market value, reason for loan etc. 

I would compare to the Ben Gibson loan to Norwich, they are paying £3m for the season if rumours are to be believed. 

4 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Likely to be in the region of 300-500k for the season. Wouldn't exceed that amount as we are developing the player by offering game time. I can't guarantee the figure as I am not ITK, just an estimate based on age, market value, reason for loan etc. 

I would compare to the Ben Gibson loan to Norwich, they are paying £3m for the season if rumours are to be believed. 

That’s good enough for me.  I’ll split the difference and call it £0.4m.

Good luck to him, seemed a very nice bloke & can honestly say he didn’t get the opportunity to see what he could do.

That said when Brunt signed we then had 15 players who could play in one of the midfield positions so we were obviously going to move at least 4 on.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I think he may fall into the 

let’s pick up one of the best available league players, get him some game time, loan him out to Lg1, raise his profile....and sell him for a profit.

Financially it’s just about worked out with Mo and Sam (if you take wages into account too), but it hasn’t for Adelakun.

Suspect we will owe Colchester some of the profit too....like we did with Mo and Cheltenham.

We bought Mo whereas Szomdics was compensation so would be more comparable to Brownhill and PNE wouldn't it? Purely depends what was in the compensation agreement, can see Colchester wanting more of it upfront so if there was any form of sell on can't see it being much. Also £750,000 we paid in compensation would have been spread over the 3 seasons so £250,000 on our books vs the rumoured £1m - £1.5m seen bandied about online so could be anywhere in the £750,000 to £1.25m area for profit on the transfer. Wages I would guess a max of 6k a week based on the fact he joined us over Peterborough for champ football rather than money so nudge over £300,000 for wages for the season, assume P'boro would have paid at least half from Jan so I'd guess maybe £175,000 paid in wages. So books wise would make it anywhere between £575,000 - £1,075,000 profit wouldn't it?  

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

We bought Mo whereas Szomdics was compensation so would be more comparable to Brownhill and PNE wouldn't it? Purely depends what was in the compensation agreement, can see Colchester wanting more of it upfront so if there was any form of sell on can't see it being much. Also £750,000 we paid in compensation would have been spread over the 3 seasons so £250,000 on our books vs the rumoured £1m - £1.5m seen bandied about online so could be anywhere in the £750,000 to £1.25m area for profit on the transfer. Wages I would guess a max of 6k a week based on the fact he joined us over Peterborough for champ football rather than money so nudge over £300,000 for wages for the season, assume P'boro would have paid at least half from Jan so I'd guess maybe £175,000 paid in wages. So books wise would make it anywhere between £575,000 - £1,075,000 profit wouldn't it?  

Fee for Szmodics was widely quoted as £720k, so the profit on a deal of just over a million is quite a bit less than that, though obviously he is off the wage bill, too.

• The title was changed to Sammie Szmodics - Signs for Peterborough
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fee for Szmodics was widely quoted as £720k, so the profit on a deal of just over a million is quite a bit less than that, though obviously he is off the wage bill, too.

Would probably need @Mr Popodopolous or @Davefevs on this being in better knowledge than myself but normally fees are amortised but not sure how it works with compensation. 

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

What a waste of a good player. Typical Johnson. Sign them , never give them a decent chance and sell them. Let's hope these days are over now he has gone.

Typical Johnson? 

Can think of 4 players off the top of my head where that is the case. Not all transfers work out and he was given plenty of chances in training to put himself in the first team. Obviously he never took that chance 

Archived