IGNORED

Another new signing in the pipeline?

citywest30

I just mentioned on the Williams - Signed topic that the 8am announcement seems strange. Often we announce signings in the evening. 

Last year we signed 3 players on the same day, (Rowe AM,Szmodics Noon and Bentley PM announcements). Wonder if we have something else lined up for later today. 

The club usually post teasers throughout the day on twitter to generate interest. However today it was posted straight away so wonder if more news is expected. 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Seems much more unlikely to me.  Elliason surely going from what he has said. Fam more quiet but bound to have a lot of interest 

I'm not too worried on Eliasson going IF we are planning to play 3 at the back and no wingers. On the other hand, a new deal for Diedhiou is something I would be absolutely delighted about as I don't feel confident on us getting a value for money replacement and we are already arguably a little bit light on options up-front...

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i feel a centre back should be brought in. 

I’m hoping for Jonathan Panzo, left sided CB for Monaco. Monaco are looking to sell him on with English Championship clubs Interested.  Knows Simpson and Downing from England days. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The abruptness of the announcement is a bit strange. Makes me wonder if there's more to come. 

That's what I thought. It was obviously all planned out so there must be a plan for the home kit unveiling too. I assumed another new signing but equally it could be Fam with a new deal. I could see him pictured with the new shirt, pen in hand and a big smile.

Archived