IGNORED

Another new signing in the pipeline?

citywest30

6 hours ago, redpole said:

I’m hoping for Jonathan Panzo, left sided CB for Monaco. Monaco are looking to sell him on with English Championship clubs Interested.  Knows Simpson and Downing from England days. 

He would be a fantastic signing for us. Derby and Swansea also interested though so it'd be a tough fight. 

Van der Hoorn on a free would not be amiss either. 

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Nuhiu on a free? Not saying I want him by the way. Just had a feeling we'd be in for him. If we are keeping Fam on then maybe he'd be our big man back up. Weimann maybe being Wells back up.

You were the other week, weren’t you? ?

Since losing Benik, we are very light up top.  Nobody to bring on if Fam is injured, suspended or ineffective.  I'm hoping for another Tammy type player, a premiership loanee youngster or something.

We have 3 decent centre backs but as one of them is made of glass, we may need an extra one.

A quick/skillful out and out winger might be useful too as even though I'm not expecting us to use them, they can be very helpful to bring on when we are chasing a game (so long as we give them more than 15 minutes to make an impact).

4 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Could be another signing today, the 8am announcement is odd.

I don't think a home kit today though, they will want to milk it a bit and get lots of attention on the away kit first.

Well I got it wrong, no new signing but they announced another kit ?

Seeing as they've done away kit and GK kit in one day, surely home kit tomorrow on friday?

I would have thought they would have spread them out more normally, but it sounded like a late change of sponsor and obviously fixtures are fast approaching.

I wonder if we will get a new signing, or fam renewal tomorrow? Or maybe they feel a new home kit is a big enough story on its own? ?

Would be buzzing for a new signing though, especially a new RWB please.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Since losing Benik, we are very light up top.  Nobody to bring on if Fam is injured, suspended or ineffective.  I'm hoping for another Tammy type player, a premiership loanee youngster or something.

We have 3 decent centre backs but as one of them is made of glass, we may need an extra one.

A quick/skillful out and out winger might be useful too as even though I'm not expecting us to use them, they can be very helpful to bring on when we are chasing a game (so long as we give them more than 15 minutes to make an impact).

If we’re playing systems where we don’t play wingers. Why would you want to sign one ? 
sign players to fit the system DH wants to play. Not clubs in the ******* bag approach that’s got us nowhere 

Not sure why people are saying we will need to sell a striker before we sign one. Weimann will feature mostly wide or in midfield I should imagine, semenyo isn’t up to the championship at this time. That leaves us wells and Fam.... we would be a bit light up top if that’s our resources. We need to get Fam on another contract and bring in another. 

5 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Not sure why people are saying we will need to sell a striker before we sign one. Weimann will feature mostly wide or in midfield I should imagine, semenyo isn’t up to the championship at this time. That leaves us wells and Fam.... we would be a bit light up top if that’s our resources. We need to get Fam on another contract and bring in another. 

I think 4 could be enough. We could also play a 5-3-1-1 with Paterson/Palmer playing a bit deeper with a solid midfield 3. 

That would give us Wells/Weimann/Diedhiou*/Semenyo/Palmer/Paterson to fill 2 forward roles.

*Contract permitting

Just now, Port Said Red said:

It's the same source, which is all I can go on really. I think Korey is taller than you think, but the type of player who has a "crouchy style" of running maybe.

Other sources has him at 5 ft 9. 

All I would say is Pack always looked a fair bit taller than Smith rather than 1.5 inches so more likely Smith is closer to 5 ft 9

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's the same source, which is all I can go on really. I think Korey is taller than you think, but the type of player who has a "crouchy style" of running maybe.

Exactly that.  I’d struggle to say he’s 6’0”, but he’s taller than I thought when I’ve stood next to him.  Sane with Fielding, who looked short in goal, but stood next to him he was very similar in height to me.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Exactly that.  I’d struggle to say he’s 6’0”, but he’s taller than I thought when I’ve stood next to him.  Sane with Fielding, who looked short in goal, but stood next to him he was very similar in height to me.

Which is? It's difficult to tell from your writing Dave :) 

Archived