IGNORED

Famara

GrahamC

Fam absolutely has the upper hand in these negotiations. 12 months left on his deal, 27 Y/O.

I want him to stay but only on terms that are good for the club (because FFP) so I have cautious optimism here.

It'll be framed as he loves the club blah blah but to get a player in his position to sign a contract I think it'd have to be a really financially strong offer from the club or one that has very favourable language (get out clauses) on the player side.

On 21/08/2020 at 14:06, City_USA said:

What's wrong with being an American??

? Exactly - the xenophobe was getting themselves about wet about my use of language without knowing my where I’m from. 

26 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Come on fam!!! 

Good news to me if this is true.

On 21/08/2020 at 14:06, wendyredredrobin said:

If he wont sign a contract, we have to sell him.  I thought he was a lazy, useless lump at first, but his movement and positioning last season was greatly improved and defending corners, he heads away more crosses than I can remember.  In the current climate, I hope we can tie him down to a new deal, but that would of course depend on what his demands are.

Yeah I wasn't a fan but last season he did improve. Could be handy with Wells next to him 

37 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I love fam, but I'm unsure how he fits in with a pressing and passing on the ground tactic really. I hope to be proven wrong though, given us a lot of enjoyable moments and always seems committed.

He might not , but he might give us a plan B option when up agains teams that are physical and keep it tight to stop us playing through them.

I hope he signs, if he could finish emphatically and control a ball with consistently no doubt he would not be playing at this level.

For me you rarely see a game where his opponent has not been in a battle, and honestly I would hate to see the number of points we could have dropped without him back defending corners and free kicks, I really think the team as a whole (rather than the goals scored column) will be a hell of a lot weaker without him in it. 

Now If We can get Wells up near 20 a season and Fam around 15, which he has consistently got in his time here, including chunks of time out of the team with suspension or Injury, I think we will be in a good place, what we need to concentrate on is getting the ball to both these players with more consistency and accuracy, It amazes me how many he scored give the service at times. Apart from Elliasson (usually as a sub) the assists to our front two has been getting worse and worse over the past 3 years, this is where the focus should be going forward.

You don't know what youv'e got till it's gone? ................Fam has improved season on season, and is reaching the optimum age for a striker.  He would be very hard to replace, and if he stays it will be a big plus for the coming season.  Always 100% commited and as well as a quality striker he is  invaluable defensively.

Just posted on the Sam Szmodics thread that a front four of Diedhiou / Wells / Weimann / Szmodics has a nice balance to it.  Not sure where it leaves Semenyo.  With Watkins gone we still have physicality if Fam stays.

Bases covered.  Concentrate on moving a few on (Eliasson, O’Dowda, and loans), and go and focus on RWB and CB.

Be great if this happens. Improved immensely last season and I may be in the minority but still think he has a 20 goal season in him.

Season before last he scored 12-13 and missed 20 good chances or something like that. 

Last season had 12 and was in and out of the starting XI a fair amount and in a quite dire attacking side. 

So yea if he can keep his fitness and performance levels to the standard he set last season, I think the game will slow down more for him and he may convert a few more chances. He works his socks off too. Gives his all for the club and that should be a given but isn’t always. So does make me more of a fan. 

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Be great if this happens. Improved immensely last season and I may be in the minority but still think he has a 20 goal season in him.

Season before last he scored 12-13 and missed 20 good chances or something like that. 

Last season had 12 and was in and out of the starting XI a fair amount and in a quite dire attacking side. 

So yea if he can keep his fitness and performance levels to the standard he set last season, I think the game will slow down more for him and he may convert a few more chances. He works his socks off too. Gives his all for the club and that should be a given but isn’t always. So does make me more of a fan. 

Spot on Joe. He's definitely got 20 goals in him if not more. Sometimes I can't quite believe some of the chances that he misses, but I suppose the key thing is that he's getting the chances and gets in the right areas. One season it will all click for him, fingers crossed it's next season of course if he signs.

Archived