IGNORED

Famara

GrahamC

1 hour ago, James54De said:

No it isn’t ?. It’s Tuesday morning after what was said on Saturday. 

I don't agree - they have had months to sort this out. Whilst Fam is happy in Bristol it would seem very likely his agents are looking for the next pay day and are  not so keen for him to stay put. The longer it goes on the less time and choice there will be in finding a replacement to integrate before the season gets under way.  It's far from a done deal for me -hope I am proved wrong though.

13 minutes ago, Suffolk Red said:

I don't agree - they have had months to sort this out. Whilst Fam is happy in Bristol it would seem very likely his agents are looking for the next pay day and are  not so keen for him to stay put. The longer it goes on the less time and choice there will be in finding a replacement to integrate before the season gets under way.  It's far from a done deal for me -hope I am proved wrong though.

If his agent is being problematic I'd assume the club would go straight to Famara and tell him so, if Famara wants to stay he'd then set his agent straight on that.

3 hours ago, Suffolk Red said:

Holden said, on Saturday, that it’s close. You’re then panicking, on Tuesday, that it’s not confirmed. 

58 minutes ago, James54De said:

Holden said, on Saturday, that it’s close. You’re then panicking, on Tuesday, that it’s not confirmed. 

Can you blame him though? 

History with Bryan/Reid/Brownhill suggests we're usually forced into a sale before they lose value. 

I really hope Fam signs, it's a step in the right direction if he does. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think with Fam there could be a fairly low release clause in his new contract perhaps for a prem club.

He says he wants to play prem football. Maybe he is looking at how we look now under Holden and feels a new attacking approach can get him scoring more like the 1 in 2 he did in his debut season.

Score more goals and maybe quicker move to prem football than it would if he went abroad maybe.

Would love to see Fam get 20. I think he is capable. We haven't exactly played like a creative team in recent seasons.

Creative!! What does that mean

2 hours ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I wonder whether there's any incentive for Famara's team to make a quick decision. City are unlikely to take their deal off the table, which means Famara's agent can spend the rest of the window trying to drum up a better deal. Fingers crossed I'm wrong!

But hasn’t the deal been on the table for weeks / months ? Wasn’t Johnson in negotiations with him pre lockdown break ? 

I assume there have been no acceptable bids for him. If there had, surely we would have cashed in if he is refusing to sign. 

While I can see he has merits, a club with genuine promotion ambition would te looking to trade up. MA seems to sell quite happily if we get a good offer. Therefore I can only guess that nobody is interested at a price that would suit us. 

On 26/08/2020 at 20:14, JonDolman said:

I think with Fam there could be a fairly low release clause in his new contract perhaps for a prem club.

He says he wants to play prem football. Maybe he is looking at how we look now under Holden and feels a new attacking approach can get him scoring more like the 1 in 2 he did in his debut season.

Score more goals and maybe quicker move to prem football than it would if he went abroad maybe.

Would love to see Fam get 20. I think he is capable. We haven't exactly played like a creative team in recent seasons.

Fam misses too many easy chances for a prem team to take a chance I’d say. Time will tell but personally I’d be amazed if Famara played in the prem unless it was with us.

29 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Fam misses too many easy chances for a prem team to take a chance I’d say. Time will tell but personally I’d be amazed if Famara played in the prem unless it was with us.

If we look at the top scorers in 19/20 Champ, you can see those strikers that outperform their xG (little green plus icon) and those that don’t.  Wells and Diedhiou highlighted.

6582B137-B56F-4011-8968-329BE2C7B580.thumb.jpeg.289e9ec912705be7884c953ea3aa3a41.jpeg
Wells scored 18 (xG of 12.33) - pretty stellar return and most strikers in this list outperform their xG.

Diedhiou scored 12 (xG of 14.21) - Ayew and Bamford similarly don’t convert at similar rates.

He isn’t a natural finisher, but if Holden can help him form a partnership with Wells, then his conversion of chances may be less important.  That’s more important to me.  I don’t think Prem teams would be buying him as an out and out scorer.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If we look at the top scorers in 19/20 Champ, you can see those strikers that outperform their xG (little green plus icon) and those that don’t.  Wells and Diedhiou highlighted.

6582B137-B56F-4011-8968-329BE2C7B580.thumb.jpeg.289e9ec912705be7884c953ea3aa3a41.jpeg
Wells scored 18 (xG of 12.33) - pretty stellar return and most strikers in this list outperform their xG.

Diedhiou scored 12 (xG of 14.21) - Ayew and Bamford similarly don’t convert at similar rates.

He isn’t a natural finisher, but if Holden can help him form a partnership with Wells, then his conversion of chances may be less important.  That’s more important to me.  I don’t think Prem teams would be buying him as an out and out scorer.

Even as a partner i still can’t think of a single team that would take a punt on him in the PL personally. Who would you see buying him? 

DH has just said that talks are still ongoing with Fam about a new contract.. This is leaving things a bit late isn't it we could go into the new season with our top goal scorer wanting to leave and no time to get in a decent replacement Why do we leave things until the last minute >>?

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

DH has just said that talks are still ongoing with Fam about a new contract.. This is leaving things a bit late isn't it we could go into the new season with our top goal scorer wanting to leave and no time to get in a decent replacement Why do we leave things until the last minute >>?

The window has another month to run yet.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Even as a partner i still can’t think of a single team that would take a punt on him in the PL personally. Who would you see buying him? 

I think there's a few teams that might be interested in a normal window for £6/10m. I could see the likes of West Brom, Brighton, Burnley, Sheffield United, Villa and Fulham perhaps being interested in him as a squad player.

This isn't a normal window though and spending on squad players may be affected so possibly not as it stands. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

The window has another month to run yet.

Yeah but why leave it till the last minute when only there's only limited choice available and also the prices are sky high the later you leave it as they know teams are desperate 

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Yeah but why leave it till the last minute when only there's only limited choice available and also the prices are sky high the later you leave it as they know teams are desperate 

His agent will know all that too - works to their benefit to squeeze as much money, signing on and agent fees out of us as possible.

Archived