IGNORED

one of my bucket list things is to use my passport to watch City play a competitive match

Unan

When we win the Carabao cup this season, it'll happen mate. Keep the faith. :winner_third_h4h:

Watching City in Europe would also be the pinnacle for me. 

Probably a really unpopular opinion, but I'd rather see my team win something, be it the league cup, or the FA cup than get promoted if it was offered to me at the start of this season. 

Imagine the 3 games in the group stages of the Europa League. Zenit away? I'll be there. 

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Will this happen in the next 60 years? Probably not

Are you trawling other clubs websites again for topics to raise?

It's not a competition to see who can start the most on here, though you would not think so recently

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/one-of-my-bucket-list-things-is-to-use-my-passport-to-watch-sunderland-play-a-competitive-match.1526354/

9 minutes ago, Down Town said:

Are you trawling other clubs websites again for topics to raise?

It's not a competition to see who can start the most on here, though you would not think so recently

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/one-of-my-bucket-list-things-is-to-use-my-passport-to-watch-sunderland-play-a-competitive-match.1526354/

I'm a secret Sunderland fan looking for talking points other than slating SL

11 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

When we get Preston away on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday in February, you can fly from Bristol to say, Paris, and from there to Manchester.

Simples.

Any other bucket list problems I can solve? (nothing dodgy please).

Is 14 days quarantine on your bucket list?

Another 14 after you've left Manchester?

5 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

When we win the Carabao cup this season, it'll happen mate. Keep the faith. :winner_third_h4h:

Watching City in Europe would also be the pinnacle for me. 

Probably a really unpopular opinion, but I'd rather see my team win something, be it the league cup, or the FA cup than get promoted if it was offered to me at the start of this season. 

Imagine the 3 games in the group stages of the Europa League. Zenit away? I'll be there. 

What drugs do you take exactly ?

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Cremonese, same year, same competition, but far more niche ?

Nah, Pisa was a giggle. 

There were very few of us but we had a blinding few days.

You, like me, can say you've seen City play away in Europe GC, not many of us can say that! ?

Out of interest, how many were at Cremonese?

Would be genuinely interested to see what numbers we would take abroad in Europe if we ever got there... i know our fans don’t particularly like away days unless we are in the midlands or around London so Europe would be intriguing..

I’d certainly try and go to as many as possible irrespective of how obscure the location was!

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nah, Pisa was a giggle. 

There were very few of us but we had a blinding few days.

You, like me, can say you've seen City play away in Europe GC, not many of us can say that! ?

Out of interest, how many were at Cremonese?

Under 10, probably 7 or 8, the whole crowd was only 500 or so.

It was played on a mid week afternoon (a working day) the week before Xmas, we were already out of the competition having lost all 3 games, so I actually saw our sole point in Europe too, as it was a 2-2 draw, Leroy Rosenior scoring a late equaliser for us, Andy Cole had given us the lead..

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Did we play a game in the Anglo Italian and had 2 or 3 players sent off? 

Don't remember that in the Anglo Italian, although there was plenty of controversy in the competition. About the same time as we played in it though we had three sent off at Watford - the three As - Atteveld, Allison and Aizlewood!

Interesting article on the Anglo Italian here

https://calcioengland.com/2019/09/13/the-tempestuous-curtain-call-of-a-tournament-destined-to-fail-the-anglo-italian-cup-1992-96/

Just now, italian dave said:

Don't remember that in the Anglo Italian, although there was plenty of controversy in the competition. About the same time as we played in it though we had three sent off at Watford - the three As - Atteveld, Allison and Aizlewood!

Interesting article on the Anglo Italian here

https://calcioengland.com/2019/09/13/the-tempestuous-curtain-call-of-a-tournament-destined-to-fail-the-anglo-italian-cup-1992-96/

Is Watford not in italy?! ha ha

58 minutes ago, Super said:

Did we play a game in the Anglo Italian and had 2 or 3 players sent off? 

Anglo Scottish we had 2 sent off against Hibernian.

Dave Thompson was sent off in one of the Anglo Italian games.

Archived