IGNORED

Dean Holden on Posh Youtube channel

DT The Optimist

3 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Comes across as a really sound bloke, sort I'd like to go for a pint with. 

I really hope this goes well for him, and any animosity is aimed in the right direction if it doesn't. 

This is exactly why I put this up. I like many was 'underwhelmed' by all of it, but I am starting to come round now, and just perhaps, perhaps, this might work out....    He always seems so 'wooden' in interviews after games and press conferences but clearly another side to DH

He is really likeable. I too thought him pretty dour and uninspring in his pre-match comments whilst assistant. Seems when he's not constrained by being assistant he is able to be himself a bit more.

I really really want him to do well because he seems a really good man. He's a lot more likeable than LJ for me, and I say that as an LJ fan. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He is really likeable. I too thought him pretty dour and uninspring in his pre-match comments whilst assistant. Seems when he's not constrained by being assistant he is able to be himself a bit more.

I really really want him to do well because he seems a really good man. He's a lot more likeable than LJ for me, and I say that as an LJ fan. 

Harder to do interviews when assistant I would think. The decisions were LJ’s and an assistant is there to carry out those decisions. You wouldn’t want to say anything that would put LJ in a difficult spot hence why interviews would be constrained as you say. It will be interesting to see if Holden does all the pre-match interviews himself now or asks Simpson and Downing to do some.

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Harder to do interviews when assistant I would think. The decisions were LJ’s and an assistant is there to carry out those decisions. You wouldn’t want to say anything that would put LJ in a difficult spot hence why interviews would be constrained as you say. It will be interesting to see if Holden does all the pre-match interviews himself now or asks Simpson and Downing to do some.

I think the players will really like him too. From the outside looking in, I wasn't sure they'd warm to LJ and he'd definitely rub a few up the wrong way.

I hope Holden is able to grow into the manager role, rather than a matey coach. 

29 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Comes across as a really sound bloke, sort I'd like to go for a pint with. 

I really hope this goes well for him, and any animosity is aimed in the right direction if it doesn't. 

Agree. Dean seems like a good guy and i have nothing but hope that he will do a good job. I think its naive though to presume the fans won’t get on his back if this does all go tits up - it would be totally wrong mind you but he will be the easy target for fans unfortunately.
The only saving grace for Dean is that if he does get off to a bad start the only abuse he will be getting will be online and not in the stands. It would be painful to watch him crumble on the touchline in the way Tinnion and Millen did.

I think most of us would say he’s obviously a good bloke but he has been rather thrown in at the deep end and Ashton has thrown a couple of floats in to see if they can help him stay afloat.  I would like it to work out for him but can’t see it.... really tough league 

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the players will really like him too. From the outside looking in, I wasn't sure they'd warm to LJ and he'd definitely rub a few up the wrong way.

I hope Holden is able to grow into the manager role, rather than a matey coach. 

It's interesting that he mentions that happening while he was at Peterborough, Mark Wright was manager, but left and his assistant stepped up to replace him and struggled to go from being matey with the players to trying to assert any authority over them as the manager. It's bound to be something that Dean will be aware of as he seems to be very popular with the players.

It had passed me by that he was there when that Big Ron Manager documentary was being filmed, he was captain at the time.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I listened to about 20 mins.  Does he talk about City?

No. Peterborough away is a must for me (when in same league)  due to long standing family history, posh fans on mother’s side. It is a good Footie video tbh and sadly nowt relevant here, apart from DH and what you make of him.

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's interesting that he mentions that happening while he was at Peterborough, Mark Wright was manager, but left and his assistant stepped up to replace him and struggled to go from being matey with the players to trying to assert any authority over them as the manager. It's bound to be something that Dean will be aware of as he seems to be very popular with the players.

It had passed me by that he was there when that Big Ron Manager documentary was being filmed, he was captain at the time.

Good point. I’ve got a good feeling about Holden for some reason. Didn’t want him at all, but I am coming round to the idea. Perhaps it’s just because I really want him to succeed.

Thanks for sharing. Decent listen. 

Interestingly, whilst listening, I was searching back through Holden’s career and who he’d played with. 
We know that he was a player under Paul Simpson when at Shrewsbury but we didn’t know of any Keith Downing link. 
Well - I found one. 

Walsall 2012/13. Holden played alongside Paul Downing, who is Keith’s nephew. 

Also interestingly. That same season, Holden actually played alongside Jamie Paterson too!!! 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good point. I’ve got a good feeling about Holden for some reason. Didn’t want him at all, but I am coming round to the idea. Perhaps it’s just because I really want him to succeed.

I too really want him to succeed. The upside is that there will be no fans in grounds for a while, the downside is that SL has set the expectations of top 6 , a good start is vital BUT, these are strange days in every way.

I truly wish him well, he appears to be a very decent bloke.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Thanks for sharing. Decent listen. 

Interestingly, whilst listening, I was searching back through Holden’s career and who he’d played with. 
We know that he was a player under Paul Simpson when at Shrewsbury but we didn’t know of any Keith Downing link. 
Well - I found one. 

Walsall 2012/13. Holden played alongside Paul Downing, who is Keith’s nephew. 

Also interestingly. That same season, Holden actually played alongside Jamie Paterson too!!! 

Nice one.

I knew the bit about Pato ages ago, but in a recent interview Dean mentioned it too.

Archived