IGNORED

Worst away day.

Matthew me

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

On the subject of cardiff, does anybody remember the copper with the megaphone, about 89, around the back of the dolman.

Put the toilet cistern down.

You are a disgrace to your city.

You will be in trouble tonight.

He was making the situation worse, i recall being in block b that day, and hundreds of cardiff turned up late.

Jan feb 90 oll would ve been.... They got the gate open at the front but wouldnt go any further during the game... Loads of city outside after watching the taffs beat up the turnstiles

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Valley Parade stood on that huge bank (before the tragedy and rebuild). I have never been so cold at a game before or since.

Can't remember which Blackpool game it was, might have been an August time one but the wind was blowing off the Irish Sea and we were in that temp stand on far side.. jezzze proper cold. 

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Can't remember which Blackpool game it was, might have been an August time one but the wind was blowing off the Irish Sea and we were in that temp stand on far side.. jezzze proper cold. 

August ‘08. Never seen rain like it. Brooker scored in the dying seconds saved the day. I got hit by a taxi, not badly. Train back delayed for hours in Birmingham, met some Wolves fans who told us some stories about Michael McIndoe! What a day!

17 hours ago, RedRock said:

Well, you must have been one of the few. The vast majority of Bristol fans were in the centre of the Grange Town End about 45 minutes before KO. Were charged by Cardiff and ran off along the Bob Bank to the far open corner at the opposite end of the ground.

Can remember a St Georges flag being flown by our lot in that corner - much the derision of the Cardiff mob that we’re directly behind us as we stood near the front on their end. 

Remember the events as clear as yesterday, as along with the likes of Chelsea away in the First Division, it was one of those matches that I spent 90 minutes  wondering how the **** do I extract myself from this predicament with my body intact. 

A good mob of us were no where near Ninian Park 45 minutes before the game, maybe that's why Cardiff took advantage, not like them to pick on the normal, law abiding supporters!!!!!!! Cowardly bunch mind

4 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Jan feb 90 oll would ve been.... They got the gate open at the front but wouldnt go any further during the game... Loads of city outside after watching the taffs beat up the turnstiles

I was there that day and Cardiff had a good few turnout for this game. Never really liked Cardiff back then as they were well known for picking on scarfers etc. 

Cardiff ripped the old turnstiles up post match as there was a good few of us outside the gates waiting for them. There was a "no mans land" created where no Cardiff would step across as they would have got mullered by City, and no City would step across and confront Cardiff as they were well tooled up with all sorts (not just bricks from the turnstiles). When they were finally let out, the OB had a busy hour..... Just another normal day at the football back in the 80/90s.

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I was there that day and Cardiff had a good few turnout for this game. Never really liked Cardiff back then as they were well known for picking on scarfers etc. 

Cardiff ripped the old turnstiles up post match as there was a good few of us outside the gates waiting for them. There was a "no mans land" created where no Cardiff would step across as they would have got mullered by City, and no City would step across and confront Cardiff as they were well tooled up with all sorts (not just bricks from the turnstiles). When they were finally let out, the OB had a busy hour..... Just another normal day at the football back in the 80/90s.

Crazy even going back to the late 70's through to early 90's every team has its nutters and violence was part of every game then before during and after and ant times really scary if you were an away fan outside the ground 

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That away game at blackpool when brooker scored in the last minute.

There was more sand in the away end, than there was on the beach.

That weekend, was the worst weather blackpool had in august, since records began.

I recall that being on the news.

Great result, awful weather. Everyone looked forward to a great opening away day and then that.. 

23 minutes ago, TomF said:

Great result, awful weather. Everyone looked forward to a great opening away day and then that.. 

Remember it well. Rumours that the game was close to being called off due to the weather. That would have been a first - game postponed in August due to a waterlogged pitch!! 

Archived